Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice Needed Please

• 24-02-2013 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I am 25, on One Parent Allowance and attending college in my final year. I am seeing my partner for over a year now and we are considering moving in together when I finish college this summer. He is self employed. I know I will have to go off One Parent Allowance and I will be looking for work straight away, but in the chance I don't get work anytime soon after college would I be entitled to anything if we move in together until I can find work?

And info would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

You could apply for Jobseekers Allowance. This claim will be means assessed against your partners income. As for what amount you would get a SW inspector would have to decide. Or he could apply for Family Income supplement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Choccy7

Thank you very much for your reply :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Your partner will not be able to apply for family income supplement as he is self employed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

eastbono wrote: »
    Your partner will not be able to apply for family income supplement as he is self employed.

Also it will be last years income they will assess

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Choccy7

Thanks so much for all your info :) He earns just under 20k (before tax) a year in past 2 years as there is not much demand in his work area, so I am worried that he might not have enough money for him to support my child and I while my application is being processed. As he does not get paid weekly and it all depends when the people he does work for pay him, as they may be strapped for cash that week he has completed the work for them and has wait following week or two when they do. Would anyone have any idea how long is would take to process for my application please?

• Advertisement
Advertisement