Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc to Pc

Options
  • 24-02-2013 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Probably a very simple question, but hoping someone can help.
    My desktop is connected to the internet using a wireless USB adapter. Can I connect another desktop to the first desktop using an Ethernet cable, so that the second desktop also connects to the Internet, feeding off the wireless connection of pc number one?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

gar45 wrote: »
    Probably a very simple question, but hoping someone can help.
    My desktop is connected to the internet using a wireless USB adapter. Can I connect another desktop to the first desktop using an Ethernet cable, so that the second desktop also connects to the Internet, feeding off the wireless connection of pc number one?
    Thanks

Yes, but it's a daft way of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gar45

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yes, but it's a daft way of doing it.

Only a very short term measure until I can get another wireless USB key, unless there is another option?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=ECE2325214

you can plug the dongle into the router and connect both PC's to the router.

Advertisement