Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Suil Eile

ahmdoda wrote: »
    Economics: 95%
    English: 71%
    physics: 59%
    chemistry: 51%
    biology: 62%
    applied maths: 93%
    Maths: 94%
    Arabic: 50%
    ehh phys chem and bio should be no prop come lc if i get my ass down to it
    Arabic? Do you live in Libya? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

I have 6 of them back so far.

All higher level,

Biology A1
    Eco A1
    Chem A2
    French A2
    Maths B1
    English B2.

Still waiting on Ag Science and Irish so hopefully that English result will disappear. But tbh the English isn't too bad cause it was corrected by the chief examing officer for English and it's the one I didn't put study into.

Was hoping for an A in Irish but I think I got a B in my oral so I'll prob end up with a mid-range B.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Yeah Irish is 50/50 so like thats 37.5% which is pretty bad since im in an irish school :( And biology is my worst subject. Sorry for the confusion!

Hope nobody failed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 The Man They Couldnt

A1 in Business
    A1 in Biology
    B1 in Geography
    C1 in English
    C3 in Irish
    C1 Ordinary Level Maths (don't care once I pass)
    And haven't gotten my German back yet, should be around C1 or C2...

That's about 475 altogether, these pres/mocks showed me I should probably aim for 500 points instead of 450, Either way I'm getting more confident i'll get my course now (BIS in UCC)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

daz801 wrote: »
    Well I'm gonna bring some reality back to this thread and make everyone here feel a lot less stupid.

Irish: D2 ol
    English: C2 hl
    Maths: D3 hl
    Physics: D2 hl
    Engineering: B1 hl
    History: Not back expecting B2-A2 hl
    Art: Not back expecting C2-B2 hl

So around 420
    UPDATE:

Irish: D2 ol
    English: C2 hl
    Maths: D3 hl
    Physics: D2 hl
    Engineering: B1 hl
    History: B2 hl
    Art: B2 hl

So 430 total. 30 over what I expected after coming out of them so I'm happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I only did mocks in 6 subjects one of which was OL maths so the point result is not really representative, but I was fairly happy.
    In German I got better marks for the written part than for the hearing, prolly the first time ever(also nearly full marks on grammatik, really happy about that).
    In the real thing I'm aiming for 450-480, so if only I get down to some serious work it's very achieavable.
    History makes me cry though. It's one of my fave subjects, I know it inside out, but I still cannot improve my essays. They're always around the 70% mark, no matter if it's the test or just homework.

woopah92 wrote: »
    I have 6 of them back so far.

All higher level,

Biology A1
    Eco A1
    Chem A2
    French A2
    Maths B1
    English B2.

Still waiting on Ag Science and Irish so hopefully that English result will disappear. But tbh the English isn't too bad cause it was corrected by the chief examing officer for English and it's the one I didn't put study into.

Was hoping for an A in Irish but I think I got a B in my oral so I'll prob end up with a mid-range B.

UPDATE: B1 in Irish, only 10ish marks off the A2 I can definitely improve on the oral though (200/240) and the listening was em yeah, awful. :pac:

The Ag. Science teacher is lambing ewes so I won't be getting that back til next week. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12 xoxox1994

Got the last of my mocks back there Friday, felt like a long wait as we did them one week after the xmas hols!!

I got 390 points and am over the moon with happiness :)

Course is 300 so its looking good guys :)

Still gonna work my ass of though to boost it and make sure I get into my course ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭jessiblah

jessiblah wrote: »
    I feel like an idiot now after reading this..

Anyways, everything is at higher level.

English - 77% - B2
    Irish - 55.5% - C3
    Maths - 59% - C3
    German - 51% - D1
    Chemistry - 53% - D1
    Biology - 53% - D1
    Business - 71% - B3

On the assumption that I got a D3 in Biology or German, I got 400 points. I need 540 for Medicinal Chemistry in Trinity though. :/

That's the highest I've gotten on a report card in German since second or third year! In my 5th and 6th year Christmas exams, along with the 5th year summer and 6th year midterm assesments, I only got 40s! :D A bit disappointed with biology, but overall chemistry is still my one huge disappointment. I worked hardest in it and it's still one of my worst subjects. :/ (My teacher said he was happy with it though, which is mental!)

Overall, 410 points! Alright I guess. One of the highest points tally in my year, so I think I'm doing well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Finally have all my results so they are as follows (Feel like I'm giving out the Eurovision results :D )

English 75% 80pts
    Irish 85% (OL) 50pts
    French 65% 70pts
    Maths 72% 100pts :D
    Biology 77% 80pts
    Physics 62% 65pts
    D.C.G. 84% 85pts

Total of 480 and I'm looking for 340 so I'm delighted :D:D Not gonna sit back and relax though just in case something strange happens...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Got my Art History back today, the examiner wrote on the front 131/150 - 78% - B2 but anyone with a calculator can see that 131/150 is 87% so I guess I got an A. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Got six subjects back now and I'm on 415. I'm looking for around 540.

Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭jessiblah

Got six subjects back now and I'm on 415. I'm looking for around 540.

Yeah.

Exact same as me! On my report I've 410 but after a mistake by the marker I should have 415. I need 540 too!

Anyone else hearing of exams going missing? One of my friends still life art got lost or something, and another friends Irish Paper 2. They can't do anything about it though as far as I know, as there's nothing really to do!

jessiblah wrote: »

Exact same as me! On my report I've 410 but after a mistake by the marker I should have 415. I need 540 too!

Anyone else hearing of exams going missing? One of my friends still life art got lost or something, and another friends Irish Paper 2. They can't do anything about it though as far as I know, as there's nothing really to do!

I'm gonna end up with around 420-430 and I need 540, go us! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Got my first result today- 62% in OL maths. Very happy as it works out to be 81% on the areas we've covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Got hl maths back today 32% :( 60% was the lowest in the rest of my subjects so I got 2b and 4c and failed maths :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Got hl maths back today 32% :( 60% was the lowest in the rest of my subjects so I got 2b and 4c and failed maths :(
    Was that including the topics you haven't done yet? A teacher in my school said she would be delighted if people got in the 30s in HL maths (topics we haven't done we're taken out).
    Don't worry too much about it. It is only te mock paper and you will do better in June. The SEC change the marking whereas the mock companies don't. They need people to pass maths so you have a good chance of passing, even just getting a D3! Also, if you get 38% you get a D3 so don't be too upset by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

I'll be lucky to get 525.

You say this as if 525 is bad! Blegh. I thought everyone was supposed to do ****e in the mocks? No? Just me then.

I have yet to get a single exam back and all of the teachers are continuing to pretend that they are still being corrected, when really they're hiding in the bottom of some dusty locker somewhere in the school. I'm not exactly eager to get them back though. Can't say I put much effort into the auld study. :P

Ah, over three months left before the actual thing...Sher, tis grand.

Yes but this person is looking to do medicine. Realistically (and unfortunately) that is quite low for med.
    Biology- 92.5%-A1
    Chemistry- 89%-A2
    French- 87%-A2
    Irish- 86%-A2
    Maths- 61% (only took up HL this year)-C2
    Ag Science- 81% (only took up this year)-B1
    Leaving me with 545. Quite depressing seeing as I'm trying to do med or pharmacy AND I'm a repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

English (HL) - A2
    Accounting (HL) - D2
    Chemistry (HL) - D2
    Economics (HL) - C2
    Irish (HL) - C2
    French (HL) - A2
    Maths (OL) - B2

And I'm still waiting on getting biology (HL) back. I'm not expecting to do too well in that, maybe a D1! But yeah, that's 410 points which I'm really happy with for in the mocks! I do Economics by myself (only took it up at the beginning of 6th year) and I don't get grinds or anything and I did fairly well in it, considering I only had 3/4 long questions actually covered!

I was disappointed with chemistry, Irish and I will be with biology (I'm sure!) :P

I'm planning on bringing Irish up to a B2, Economics up to a B2, French to an A1 and chemistry and biology to a B3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Yes but this person is looking to do medicine. Realistically (and unfortunately) that is quite low for med.
    Biology- 92.5%-A1
    Chemistry- 89%-A2
    French- 87%-A2
    Irish- 86%-A2
    Maths- 61% (only took up HL this year)-C2
    Ag Science- 81% (only took up this year)-B1
    Leaving me with 545. Quite depressing seeing as I'm trying to do med or pharmacy AND I'm a repeat.

All depends on the HPAT at the end of the day. On lad might get 550, another get 625, but the HPAT will be the decider for whoever gets medicine... I think you could actually have a chance at getting in with 535 with a flawless HPAT?

• Advertisement

got all my mocks back as of today, they totalled up at 445. I'm aiming for 540. Should be a fun couple of months ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

English (HL)- C1
    Maths (HL) - C2
    Geography (HL) - B1
    Irish (HL) - A1
    French (HL) - B3
    Accounting (HL) - B1
    Biology (HL) - A2

Total: 525 points, just the right amount to get me that NUIM Scholarship.

Delighted with everything except English which was very harshly marked and apparently should have been at least a B. Geography, accounting and biology were also marked a bit funny in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kenbob

Pretty happy, looking to hit about 500 got 450!

Business: B3 (70%) Very unimpressed but really working at it now!
    Home Ec:B1 (80%) Only member of the class to pass
    Biology: B2 (75%) Okay seeing as it was an extremely difficult exam
    French:C1 (68%) Grrrr!
    Irish: B2 (76%) Happy enough seeing as this is without an oral :)
    English: C3 55% SO PISSED OFF! Getting them remarked but doubt I'll go up got too stunted in the exam itself- teacher reckons I'm an A1 so let's see)
    Maths: (OL) Apparently they are back but our teacher told me that I passed pretty happy if I did!

I suppose they went okay, not too bad not too great! Helluva lot of work to do by June!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Got 77% in my mock German oral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Got 82% in English. Happy enough considering I didn't finish my essay...Just left a nice oul' cliffhanger :P But 12/20 in unseen poetry...Dafuq??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

Okay, so I finally have all my results back :)

French A1
    Biology A2
    Irish A1
    Music A1
    Maths (HL) B1
    English B2
    Physics C1 :( but was expecting way worse in that so I'm happy!

Altogether that leaves me with 580 points so if it goes as well in the LC, I'll be delighted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tommullane

Business (HL) A1
    Accounting (HL) A2
    Maths (HL) B2
    English (HL) B3
    Physics (HL) C2
    German (HL) D3
    Irish (OL) C1

Overall it is 480 I think which im really pleased with.

All my mocks back now;

Biology A1- 99% :D (which I wasn't expecting)
    Ag Science A1
    Economics A1
    Chemistry A2 :(
    French A2
    Maths B1
    Irish B1
    English B1

All higher level.

590 points, which is good for mocks but I'm hoping for better in the actual LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

May I chime in for a second?

For people saying they feel thick and all that nonsense; the people getting huge amounts of points aren't necessarily geniuses, they just work harder. A lot harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

And I'm not saying anybody is lying, but at the same time, I could be telling you all I got 450 points or something. None of you would know better and a select few would feel even worse about themselves!

Advertisement