Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Home Ec - A2
    Biology - A2
    Business - B3
    Irish - B3
    English - B2
    Links - Distinction

Overall I got 480 points which would have given me my 3rd choice :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

And I'm not saying anybody is lying, but at the same time, I could be telling you all I got 450 points or something. None of you would know better and a select few would feel even worse about themselves!

Exactly, except it wouldn't be that few, it would be most people.

Again, 300 points is an average result, so the population of the boards LC forum must be a very select group, or maybe all the posts about 500+ points put those who are not above average at exams off posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Still have to get applied maths back but I'm convinced that it's lost or something at this stage!

Maths - A2 :D
    English - C2
    Irish - A2
    Biology - A1
    Chemistry - A1
    Physics - A2
    German -B3
    App Maths - not back but hopefully around a B2

570/575 points so really happy! Gonna have to try and pull up physics and applied maths if I get around the B2 cause I'll need all the point I can get!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

How many hours do people here study? FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

yournerd wrote: »
    How many hours do people here study? FFS

Yeah, I know right? I'm not criticizing them but let's say 10 people post in this thread. 9/10 propose they got above 550 points and the other gets 450. Everybody on this forum are either ****ing geniuses, study 25 hours a day or are just bull****ting.

I'm only in fifth year mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Yeah, I know right? I'm not criticizing them but let's say 10 people post in this thread. 9/10 propose they got above 550 points and the other gets 450. Everybody on this forum are either ****ing geniuses, study 25 hours a day or are just bull****ting.

I don't think anyone here is a genius, personally I've just worked really hard to get where I am! Also i don't get why anyone would make up results, thats just sad really!

Glee_GG wrote: »
    I don't think anyone here is a genius, personally I've just worked really hard to get where I am! Also i don't get why anyone would make up results, thats just sad really!

Yeah, I agree. People aren't geniuses, they just work really hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

To be honest a lot of the regs that post here are hoping to do medicine so I'd hope they'd be getting around the 550 mark. I barely scraped 450 and I'll probably go down with my orals with no study, tbh I just got lucky. Although not really as I'm aiming for 550.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I would guess that most of the people posting are just hard workers. I've been working my ass off since fifth year to get to the level that I'm at and it's paying off. Personally I don't see any reason to make up and post high points here anyway. You might get one or two "wow, you're great!" comments but that's about it. I'd imagine most of the people posting are genuine as I am and are probably just either really intelligent, really hard working, or both.

Also, no one should be put off posting what they got. Some people would be over the moon with 300, whereas some would be disappointed with 500 and neither person would be out of place. It all depends on what they want from their leaving, where they want to go, and what they think they can achieve. I would never attempt to use the fact that I'm aiming for the higher end of the scale to belittle someone who is aiming for something lower!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

I can't speak for anyone else who got high points in the mocks but I know that in my case that while I work hard and put in the hours, I just happen to have the type of brain that allows me to retain and regurgitate lots of information. Which is what the leaving cert rewards and gives me an edge over a lot of people who would be just as intelligent as I am if not moreso.

I'm no genius, I just know what works for me and my 'intelligence' is what the Leaving Cert rewards.

I'm also lucky in the sense that I have a genuine interest in all my subjects, and several exceptional teachers; for the most part I enjoy all my classes, less so English and as a result it is a subject I don't tend to do as well in, relatively speaking.

Just my 2c....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kenbob

Are you saying 450 is bad or good or what?! Anyway those getting in the 5 and 600 are med candidates and would want to be getting that if you think about it..

Kenbob wrote: »
    Are you saying 450 is bad or good or what?! Anyway those getting in the 5 and 600 are med candidates and would want to be getting that if you think about it..

I'm saying 450 is amazing. Every single post in this thread has had above average to brilliant results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I think many people are not capable of getting over say 400 even if they were also hard working so i don't like when people say that they probably just worked really hard, maybe some could do with working a bit harder but for others even if they work their bum off they still can't get above a certain point it all comes back to mental capacity.

I want to do Law and I can't reach the 500 mark at all. fml.

I want to do Law and I can't reach the 500 mark at all. fml.

So am I I cannot reach 500 either but I am going to keep trying untill I do!

So am I I cannot reach 500 either but I am going to keep trying untill I do!

In Trinners?

In Trinners?

Well I have Ollscoil Na Trinoide down as like number 3 but UCC first it's 475-480, got 450 in my mocks probably won't get it but there's no point entering in with a defeatest attitude!biggrin.png

450 is brilliant, well done:)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Well I have Ollscoil Na Trinoide down as like number 3 but UCC first it's 475-480, got 450 in my mocks probably won't get it but there's no point entering in with a defeatest attitude!biggrin.png
    Jeez, talk about taking your mocks too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NeoHaven

I'm just gonna be honest and say I failed everything bar German. I stopped studying at xmas and never took off again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 allieobrien

Only one back so far :( hl maths examcraft paper. .the physics paper basically..A2 85%..what do you guys think ? Not too good in comparisons to some of yer results but I no my silly mistakes so..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NeoHaven

Only one back so far :( hl maths examcraft paper. .the physics paper basically..A2 85%..what do you guys think ? Not too good in comparisons to some of yer results but I no my silly mistakes so..

If you are being serious then you need to be shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

English - C2 HL
    Irish - C3 OL
    Maths - C3 OL
    Business - B2 HL
    Geography - Failed
    DCG - Failed
    Accounting - Failed
    LCVP - B1

Although I should have done more work, in the subjects I failed in my teachers should have done more work with us in advance. The fact that the mocks were on at all was barely recognised and I was near/around the class average % in those subjects... except for DCG, I bombed that paper (but at least the teacher is giving us a follow up exam because at least he knew we weren't prepared for it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Finally got the last of my results today. :p All higher level!

French - A1
    Biology -A1
    Irish -A1
    Chemistry -A2
    Accounting -A2
    Maths - B2
    English - B2

So that's 585. :D Ridiculously happy with it, didn't expect that at all and my best results were definitely saved for last, was nowhere near as happy about them before this week. :p Anyway yeah I'm a medabee so like this is what I need to be aiming for, and I've been working hard since September so these didn't just materialise! Finally feels like my work is paying off. Now just to get those A2's up to A1's, keep the A1's there and work on those B's. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Slow Show wrote: »
    So that's 585. :D Ridiculously happy with it

You should be, damn. Well done

Is it possible to get 0 in some maths questions? Like I tried so much :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Results came in the post today... 355 in total..
    I need 425 in June so it's not too bad considering it's only a 80 point difference and I have DARE signed up along with extra time for the exams. 10mins for all except English where I can get 20mins. Not worrying yet and I don't think I need to.

Results are as follows
    English 52 D1
    French 42 D3
    Maths 53 D1
    Physics 27 Fail
    DCG 64 C2
    Engineering 82 B1
    Links 54 Merit

All higher except Links which is common.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 xoxox1994

Is it possible to get 0 in some maths questions? Like I tried so much :(

Dont know what level your doing but heres what I know from doing ordianry level

Our teacher says basically theres 3 level of marking, attempt (even for just writing down correct formula or doing 1 step right), the next highest is for when basically you get on half decent in the sum but maybe dont get the final answer and then the top mark (eg question correct) you get full marks.

She is always telling us to NEVER leave a blank and attempt everything even if you dont have a clue because the attempt marks are awarded quite easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Exactly what xoxox1994 said, no matter how crazy your answer write something! Cause the SEC if they see very poor results across the board with go back and revise the marking scheme upwards, last year my teacher viewed one of the papers and an answer that originally had gotten 2 marks out of ten, eventually after they changed the marking scheme ended up getting 8 out of ten, the SEC are trying their best to pass everyone, so they'll be giving out marks, and as my teacher says "you can't get marks for blanks!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Got 96% in economics, chuffed :D

Advertisement