Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Got 96% in economics, chuffed :D

Hate You.

I'm doing higher level.
    And I tried and it was the circle question in paper 2 I think. I had the right formula just got the wrong numbers in and I got 0 in like 3 questions. So delighted I passed but still wondering could I have done better :/

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrySeoighe

Hi, Does anyone have any Construction Studies note that u could send me? I can trade with engineering? Just got my mocks back and I got 55.5% in Construction Studies. I need to at least get a B2 in the real exam. Please can anyone help me? I'm Desperate!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SmidgeBall

wow... it takes extreme work to get in the 500's, I was happy enough with 445 over all

Irish - B1
    English - B3
    French - C2
    Maths - E (... but it's higher lever... and only failed by 3%)
    Music - A2
    Biology - C3
    Art - C1

I know I can bump up a good bit, but I'm relatively happy :) Have no idea what I want to do next year, would love to get into Psychology but that's in the 500's which seems impossibly, I'm a B student, not an a student.

also, in my defense... that math's paper was a bitch! But I'm getting grinds so hopefully I'll pass the real thing :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Got 500 so I am happy :) I got my Irish oral back today and it brought my overall Irish grade up by two grades :eek:

Biology-B3(72%) Stupid mistakes really dragged me down.

Chemistry-B1(83%) Thought I did worse tbh because I felt the paper didnt go too well :L

English-B1(83%) Very happy with that as I didnt finish my essay and only got 70/100 in it :L :L Also only got 12/20 in unseen poetry when the lowest I ever get is 17 :P

Spanish-B2(77%) Meh.The listening was brutal and one of the comprehensions was also nasty!

Irish-B2(75%) The listening and my paper 2 brought me way down :/

Geography-A1(90%) Delighted as most of my long questions got full marks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rebeccaxtine

Looking at everyone elses result's is making me feel sick...only got a few back so far;
    Maths D3- over the moon:)
    Biology B2
    English B2
    French B1...................all at hl, btw.

Yeah, so far so good, think thats 315 out of 425. Not looking forward to getting the others back tho, history was brutal:(.....need 565 for Radiography in UCD so some SERIOUS study needs to be done I'm afraid:p Fair play to the people who've done unbelievably well, too bad I'm not as hard working or as gifted as yee............ah well, still 2 and a bit months to go:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 roberth

Just got the last of mine back, very happy overall! All higher level:

Biology - 97% - A1
    Home Ec - 91% - A1
    Accounting - 87% - A2
    German - 75% - B2
    Maths - 74% - B3 (still can't believe this one, was expecting an F! :P)
    Irish - 74% - B3
    English - 73% - B3

So that's 520 points and 545 with the maths bonus points. Delighted but still a lot of work to be done. Best of luck lads in the Leaving! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

roberth wrote: »
    Just got the last of mine back, very happy overall! All higher level:

Biology - 97% - A1
    Home Ec - 91% - A1
    Accounting - 87% - A2
    German - 75% - B2
    Maths - 74% - B3 (still can't believe this one, was expecting an F! :P)
    Irish - 74% - B3
    English - 73% - B3

So that's 520 points and 545 with the maths bonus points. Delighted but still a lot of work to be done. Best of luck lads in the Leaving! :D

Welldone they are brilliant results but please.. don't be one of those ugh i'm going to fail :( type of people , i'm sorry but you got a B3 in maths you couldn't possibly of thought you were getting an F, you know you couldn't have got enough wrong to get an F because you got 74 percent , you might aswell tell people you will do well as you had to of put the work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 roberth

Thanks! :D Sorry, i generally don't like those kind of people myself, but I just don't like when people brag i suppose. I was so surprised, it was attempt marks though that got me the B, I got a few questions right but i got lots of 7/10 or 8/10 for finishing the question with an entirely wrong answer! :P What a strange system it is! :D Can't wait to be done with it all, sorry I wont do it again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 allieobrien

Very put off..63% in english...seeing as I am an a2 b1 student this is a major shock...no one in my year of over 100 got an a..highest was 76..papers were corrected poorly..and the smell of smoke of them is horrendous !! 85 possibly 86..must check one question in hl maths :) and the piece de resistance..98% in accounting !!!!:D so proud :)
    Would love to know if anyone could send me the deb maths papers and I can send the examcraft full solutions as a pdf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BAKER95

maths - 44%
    irish - 24% (knew that would happen)
    english - 61%
    geography - 49%
    history - not back
    technology - not back
    biology - 44%

happy with that if i get the same in june , not planning on going to any high oint courses anyway :P

• Advertisement

English (HL)-37% (I'm going to drop down i keep failing)
    Irish (HL)-53%
    Maths (OL)-26%
    French (OL)-57%
    Construction Studies (HL)-56%
    Engineering (HL)-43%
    Art (HL)-63%

260 overall. Need to get 390 do if anyone has any tips on how to improve on any of these exams i would be truly grateful. Construction Studies especially, Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

English (HL)-37% (I'm going to drop down i keep failing)
    Irish (HL)-53%
    Maths (OL)-26%
    French (OL)-57%
    Construction Studies (HL)-56%
    Engineering (HL)-43%
    Art (HL)-63%

260 overall. Need to get 390 do if anyone has any tips on how to improve on any of these exams i would be truly grateful. Construction Studies especially, Thanks

Are your Construction and Engineering marks including a guestimate for your practical or are they just on the written exam?

spurious wrote: »
    Are your Construction and Engineering marks including a guestimate for your practical or are they just on the written exam?

It was just the written exam, but I need to get a high mark in them to get my points. :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It was just the written exam, but I need to get a high mark in them to get my points. :/

People tend to do very well on the practicals in those subjects. I hope you get your points. I'm sure you'll do better than you think.

spurious wrote: »
    People tend to do very well on the practicals in those subjects. I hope you get your points. I'm sure you'll do better than you think.

Thanks, I hope so too. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

All at higher....
    English - 77% B2
    Maths - 16%
    irish - 57% C3
    Music 65% C1
    Biology - 60% C2
    French - 67% C1
    Business - 77% B2

Have dropped to OL maths since and find it way easier. 425 points overall so on par with my hopes of 400+!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Thanks, I hope so too. :/
    I'm doing construction studies as well and to be honest it's only the written exam so don't get too stressed over it. If you have a decent project and do well in the practical you don't need to get too worried.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I'm doing construction studies as well and to be honest it's only the written exam so don't get too stressed over it. If you have a decent project and do well in the practical you don't need to get too worried.

ya thats what i am hoping for, hopefully the practical will be easy. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

ya thats what i am hoping for, hopefully the practical will be easy. :/
    All you need to do in the practical exam is relax and take it slowly as one of my teachers who supervised the practical has said to me people panick and end up making mistakes so make sure you read the instructions very carefully and read it twice and most importantly take your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Got 520. A2's in Geog, Business and an A1 in Economics. Happy enough but hoping to improve for the real thing, plenty of work to be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Got 520. A2's in Geog, Business and an A1 in Economics. Happy enough but hoping to improve for the real thing, plenty of work to be done.

not bad for someone who wasn't motivated :p

not bad for someone who wasn't motivated :p

Haha, I actually feel more motivated now because of the results. Would hate to go down. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Got my last result back today, after having to wait a month for English.
    All HL.

Subject|Percentage|Result
    Irish|83|B1
    English|83|B1
    Maths|87|A2
    Spanish|77|B2
    Physics|85|A2
    Chemistry|94|A1
    Biology|90|A1

That brings me to a grand total of 575 I think, with an Applied Maths pre to follow over easter. Delighted with that for the amount of work done. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Subject|Percentage|Result
    Irish OL|76|B2
    English|55|C3
    Maths|62|C2
    French|61|C2
    Physics|-|-
    Ap Maths|55|C3
    Economics|67|C1

Total so far: 315 :(

Edit: Economics back, New Total: 385

A lot of work to do. Hopefully my Economics and Physics will bring me up a little.

Don't feel bad people. I'd say half of these genuises learned the spoiler thread off by heart. You're all getting the amount you deserve and at least it's in honesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

yournerd wrote: »
    Don't feel bad people. I'd say half of these genuises learned the spoiler thread off by heart. You're all getting the amount you deserve and at least it's in honesty.
    I appreciate your remarks, having myself asked the mods for a voluntary ban for the month in the lead up to my exams so that I wouldn't come across any spoilers in the forum, and thus attain an accurate reflection of where I am. If I had looked at the papers in advanced, I wouldn't have dropped any points at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

The only ones I really believe are the small group of regulars around here. And even those I take with a fair pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

At the end of the day though if people are lying about their results etc. it's only themselves their fooling. Whether you get 200 points or 500 points once you get what you need for your course in the end happy days!

I lied about my results, I really only got 20 points. I just wanted you guys to like me. :(

• Advertisement

Im on 370 out of 5 subjects :) JUDGE ME

Advertisement