Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII War-gaming in Ireland

Options
  • 25-02-2013 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

Just enquiring, are there any WWII war gamers here that play in 54mm(1/32) scale?

I've searched around and it mainly seems to be 40k warhammer gamers.

I use a modified version of the "Combat Storm" game that allows for quick and not too complicated rules that I've modified for WWII combat and weapons. Typically the game can support anything from 20 to 200 troops per side divided into squads of ten max. The rules also support tanks and various other vehicles including anti-tank guns.

Looking forward to hearing from others interested in this area,
    Dave
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

The only WW2 gaming I'm familiar with is Flames of War, which is one of the smaller scales I believe. I'm not aware of anyone playing anything in 54mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dave1987

The only WW2 gaming I'm familiar with is Flames of War, which is one of the smaller scales I believe. I'm not aware of anyone playing anything in 54mm.

They're are a few rule sets out there, I was just wondering is there anyone else out there interested in this area, loads of UK/US gamers but it seems non existent in Ireland. I think Flames Of War is 20mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

There's lots of 15mm WWII gamers in Dublin anyway. That's Flames of War's scale. The club is the Warheads and they play in Gamer's World on Jervis street on Thursday evenings.

I also play 15mm WWII but using the Battle Group Kursk rules (http://ironfistpublishing.com/?page_id=20). Battle Group Kursk supports 15mm and 20mm (1/72, or 1/76) scales and some people also play it in 6mm. Normandy book is out at the end of April.

There's also a couple of lads who plays 6mm WWII in Gamer's World. Blitzkrieg Commander is the rule-set they use, I think.

There's some 28mm WWII - Bolt Action - in Gamer's World too. I don't know how many people actually play it but I know a couple have bought it anyway.

These games are very different from each other. They may all be a WWII setting but they vary in how historical/versus gamey they're trying to be.

I've not heard of anyone using 54mm for WWII. That's an unusual scale that I've not heard of used beyond very low model count skirmish games like Inquisitor.

Advertisement