Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make a few quid !

• 25-02-2013 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 25 xbox360MAD

I'm head to new Zealand soon and was wondering if there is anything I could bring from here that would be worth more over there to sell.Will have a few kgs to spare, ..legal stuff only !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Bring Taytos, Barrys Tea and real Heinz tomato sauce. Flog them for profit to homesick expat Irish.

Just like this chick does: http://www.irishtimes.co.nz/cm/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=9&Itemid=57

$15 for a box of tea bags ouch!

On a serious note I cant really think of anything you can fit in a suitcase but have been looking at stuff to import here commercially. The cost of shipping and import taxes make it pretty pointless though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,525 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

If you could bring an Ikea store you'd do well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

pclancy wrote: »
    Bring Taytos, Barrys Tea
    Lyons and real Heinz tomato sauce. Flog them for profit to homesick expat Irish.
    I corrected your post there:D

Side note, why would you need Heinz tomato sauce when there's Tuimato. Great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yeah I know some English people that must insist on Heinz, Malt Viniegar, Branstons Pickle, Colemans Mustard, its like why did you bother travelling if you insist on not trying new things??

Watties = Heinz anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,593 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Be very wary of bringing food into new Zealand ... Massive fines if you bring the wrong food stuff....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Markcheese wrote: »
    Be very wary of bringing food into new Zealand ... Massive fines if you bring the wrong food stuff....

Only massive if you dont declare it. If you write it down they simply take it off you and explain why you cant bring it in. "New Zealand is a delicate eco....."
    Saying that. Definitely dont have any fruit or veg on ya. Seen an older man get fined for having an orange peel in his carry on. The little sniffer dog found it.

I get the odd "Care Package" from home with tea bags, cheese, chocs and that (and a jack and jones shirt for some reason???). They open it but let it through.

Processed food like tea, coffee, crisps etc is no problem, just the fresh stuff

Advertisement