Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin tattoo studio no minimum charge

• 25-02-2013 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

any decent tattoo studios around Dublin that don't charge a minimum charge but rather charge you for the time spent and detail?? I want a teenie tattoo, on my finger, I know it might be more detail than something bigger but it will only be a ten minute job

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ls87 wrote: »
    any decent tattoo studios around Dublin that don't charge a minimum charge but rather charge you for the time spent and detail?? I want a teenie tattoo, on my finger, I know it might be more detail than something bigger but it will only be a ten minute job

No, because they still have to do all the prep work and use the supplies up all the same, which takes the artists time, and costs them money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Ls87

Thought as much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

A 10 minute tattoo....please tell me about your tattooing experience that lets you decide how long a tattoo will take

Are you a tattoo artist or a troll?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ls87 wrote: »
    Are you a tattoo artist or a troll?

It was a genuine question.
    And id strongly recommend against a finger tattoo unless you can afford to get it touched up every 4-5 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah you won't find anywhere without a minimum charge, due to prep times and supplies etc as Damo said.

I paid €60 for a finger tatt that took around 20 mins in total for set up and actual tattoing time.

Melion wrote: »
    And id strongly recommend against a finger tattoo unless you can afford to get it touched up every 4-5 weeks.

As for this, depends on what it is and varies as everyone is different. They will fade quicker and more than other areas, especially if its the side of the finger. Mine is now 5 years old, hasn't been touched up once and doesn't really need it tbh.

Do make sure you are 100% about getting it, it's a very obvious place and you will get asked a lot about it. Consider employment etc

Ah, ive had to reconsider tattoos in the past due to too much detail and the area it's on. It has a lot of detail so maybe not such a good idea. Wasn't 100% on the idea to begin with. Thanks for the heads up :)

An example:

6a00d835803dd069e2017615197346970c-pi
    6a00d835803dd069e201761519743c970c-pi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

If they are splinted and kept covered (with gauze or something similar) for 7-10 days after the tattoo is finished then they should heal fine. People wont do that though.

• Advertisement

Maybe I'll speak to a few tattoo artists and ask their opinion
    A few talked me out of the last one I had planned for similar reasons.
    Thanks a lot for your help

Advertisement