Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-flow tolls

Options
  • 25-02-2013 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

mate of mine was selling his car and I decided that I was gonna buy it off him, so I got the logbook and transfered it into my name, My mate needed to hold onto the car for a few more weeks so I thought no problem, Little did I realise that he was gonna be going through the tolls every f*cking day. Long story short they sent me a bill for 270 euro and my mate refuses to pay it:mad::mad:

Now I rang the Eflow people on thursday and they said they may be able to help me out and minimise the amount owed to them. She said they may be able to forget about the penalty charges of 40 euro and instead put the tolls back to 6.10 each journey, have they done this deal for anyone else?

Many people have told me not to pay them and just bin all the bills. A lot of people seem to think nothing will happen if i refuse to pay??

I wouldnt think of binning bills but it has me stressed out and I even sold the car as I lost my job and money is extremely tight so this is the last thing I need:mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

That's some mate you have.

E-flow will not just forget about it. The costs will escalate and they will then get a solicitor involved, and if you continue to ignore, it will end up with you in court.

Pay the bill and get rid of your mate, if he won't pay for it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Some friend you have there. Get a loan off him to pay the bill. Then cut your ties with him. What a d1ckhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Did you mean €2.10 each journey instead of "6.10 each journey"?

Honestly it’s a lesson learnt, negotiate and pay what is owed as you cannot prove who was driving at the time and drop your 'mate', he clearly thinks fcuk all of you so reciprocate the feeling.

• Company Representative Posts: 62 Verified rep eFlow: Reps

Hi Carzony,

Need any further help, just let me know and I'll look into it for you.

Some general advise: Never handover the log book to a buyer. Record the date and time of the sale. Give the new owner a copy. Send the document off to the Dept Transport yourself. If you contact the DVCSD in Shannon, they can give advise on change of ownership.

Standing by for a PM if needed.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

he clearly thinks fcuk all of you so reciprocate the feeling.

Don't worry mate I will get my own back on him, Next time I get a loan of a van off him Ill be straight on them tolls :p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Hi Carzony,

Some general advise: Never handover the log book to a buyer. Record the date and time of the sale. Give the new owner a copy. Send the document off to the Dept Transport yourself. If you contact the DVCSD in Shannon, they can give advise on change of ownership.

John

Hi John, I was in contact with your team on thursday and I was talking to a very helpful women (cant remember her name now) but I have to ring back today and discuss the matter with the financial team, I may aswell send u my details though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,997 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hi Carzony,

John

The OP is the other way around. They bought a car and got the VRC/VLC transferred to their name, but never got the car.

Advertisement