Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aib current account question

Options
  • 25-02-2013 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Heh guys,

I have a aib current account, problem is I have a lot of online transactions putting Money into online poker etc etc

I would now like to erase my account is this possible? Like can they close/delete my current account and open me up a fresh one?

Id rather not have to switch banks

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

You can't delete the account or the transactions. You can open a new account though.
    If the reason is that you'll be looking for a loan/mortgage - the lender will look for account history (probably for 6 months regardless of whether you have a new account), or if the lender is AIB they will be able to look back further.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Even if you close the account, the banks are required by law to keep the records for quite some time after.

As said above, if you are thinking along those lines, account history plays a big part on mortgage lending desicions.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

No I don't want to delete transactions to look for a loan, I just don't like my statement showing online transactions.. I didn't think it could be done but just wanted to find out..

Maybe just open a new bank account

Thanks for the replys

Brendan

Advertisement