Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMEWEEK 28 CAPTAIN

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

8-10 wrote: »
    RVP. Jayney mac it's not a hard choice at all.

He's going to start and score a hat-trick. Ya'll know it's possible.

Assume you are joking here! No chance I'd have it on RVP this week. Chances are if he features it will be for 10-20 minutes.

The most likely scores for RVP are 0,1,6 in that order :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

roryc wrote: »
    Assume you are joking here! No chance I'd have it on RVP this week. Chances are if he features it will be for 10-20 minutes.

100% no joke. He's my captain every week. You'll see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Baines for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

8-10 wrote: »

100% no joke. He's my captain every week. You'll see
    You do know he came off injured last week and they're playing Madrid mid week??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

aguero for me . Would like to have gone mata but Im expecting a nasty atmosphere at stamford bridge tomorrow which could affect the players if they dont get an early goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mr Moon wrote: »
    You do know he came off injured last week and they're playing Madrid mid week??

Yes. I think he'll play. And if he plays, he gets points. Trust me he's my most hated player in real life right now and I still can't take the armband off him. I used to never have him in my team as a principle but then last season I couldn't ignore it any longer.

RVP gets points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fellani was my pick but flicking between Mata and Lambert now with Mata the likely choice.
    Augero was tempting but i am not of sound enough mind tyo be hanging on till Monday when other choices get huge scores first!!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

dahat wrote: »
    Fellani was my pick but flicking between Mata and Lambert now with Mata the likely choice.
    Augero was tempting but i am not of sound enough mind tyo be hanging on till Monday when other choices get huge scores first!!

Mata for me. I expect a Chelsea demolition against WBA this weekend!!:D

Can't see WBA doing much without the big man up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Ice87 wrote: »
    Mata for me. I expect a Chelsea demolition against WBA this weekend!!:D

Can't see WBA doing much without the big man up front.

You do know the Chelsea players want to lose tomorrow right?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

really fancy an open game between spurs and arse with 3 or 4 goals
    so it has to be bale for me
    i'd be amazed if he didnt score well here

wouldnt be surprised if wigan got a something from that game and
    wouldnt have suarez in my first three capt choices
    they've beaten pool once in their last five league games and
    they need to win

mata is due a big score and lambert scores well most games

bale and lamb vc it is for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I really can't decide. Have it on Aguero at the minute, but that could change (to Bale, probably).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

He's played very little football lately so he very well may start tomorrow just to keep sharp for the Madrid game.

Although Bale shooting at Scezney who can't seem to hold onto a ball lately makes me veer towards captaining the Spurs man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

made the switch from Bale to Mata there as captain. Don't let me down Juan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Bale (C) for me. There are loads of seemingly good choices though, it's a tough one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

it was a toss up for me between Mata and Fellaini but dooubts over fellaini makes my decision easier, other good choices there, bale, suarez, michu but i think there'll be a bit of a backlash from chelsea today and with Mata being rested for the cup game there's a very good chance he'll start, i was going to say he's certain to start but with rafa you can never be certain.

this thread will be interesting when the gameweek closes, a couple of the strong captain choices will do really well and others won't and because there's so many choices this week we'll be kicking ourselves if we get it wrong but hindsight is a great thing, if fellaini gets a brace and mata scores 2 points i'll be gutted but fellaini is doubtful so i can only go with the percentages.

Not much love for Michu in the poll, I thought with Newcastle being so defensively awful lately that he would be a contender for top choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Sacramento wrote: »
    Not much love for Michu in the poll, I thought with Newcastle being so defensively awful lately that he would be a contender for top choice!

I currently have the armband on him atm,think il take a chance on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Bale won't be running riot this week against Arsenal, there are weeks where he is a very sensible captain choice but not this one.
    I'm pinning my hopes on Aguero, I always like to pick a captain who wouldn't surprise me with a hat trick, this is his chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Bale won't be running riot this week against Arsenal, there are weeks where he is a very sensible captain choice but not this one.

can I ask why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

SlickRic wrote: »
    can I ask why?

I saw it in a dream

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Delighted i left it on RVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hogey007 wrote: »
    it was a toss up for me between Mata and Fellaini but dooubts over fellaini makes my decision easier, other good choices there, bale, suarez, michu but i think there'll be a bit of a backlash from chelsea today and with Mata being rested for the cup game there's a very good chance he'll start, i was going to say he's certain to start but with rafa you can never be certain.

this thread will be interesting when the gameweek closes, a couple of the strong captain choices will do really well and others won't and because there's so many choices this week we'll be kicking ourselves if we get it wrong but hindsight is a great thing, if fellaini gets a brace and mata scores 2 points i'll be gutted but fellaini is doubtful so i can only go with the percentages.

wasn't far off but what can you do? at least i kept fellaini, came very close to transferring him out for sissoko last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

DAMN YOU SUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAREZ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Went for Giroud. God love me

Giroud?

You must not have had Bale/Suarez/Mata/Lambert/RVP/Aguero/Michu/Rooney/Sissoko or Fellaini in your team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Giroud?

You must not have had Bale/Suarez/Mata/Lambert/RVP/Aguero/Michu/Rooney/Sissoko or Fellaini in your team...

Captain Hindsight was away when i texted him. Anyway there's still a 2nd half to go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

manual_man wrote: »

Captain Hindsight was away when i texted him. Anyway there's still a 2nd half to go :)

He was getting in good positions first half but couldn't do anything when he got the ball.

manual_man wrote: »

Hindsight is nothing to do with it! Some of them only scored 2 points. I wouldn't have Giroud in top 20 choices this week... Did you actually have it on him or is it a wind up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Thank God Bale carried on his run of good form this weekend! I had the armband on Suarez until 1am St morning and decided to switch it to Bale, Couldn't believe it when Suarez started running amok!

Advertisement