Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold house

Options
  • 25-02-2013 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭

Thanks all but I have deleted this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Have a look on your electric meter and stick the MPRN number into this site, and if your property has a BER cert it should return it for you.

https://ndber.seai.ie/pass/ber/search.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Thanks all but I have deleted this.

Check your electicity bill. The correct number should be there.

Thanks, but it isn't! It is a different number on the bill. Sorry but I have already done all these investigations and came up short.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Rasmus wrote: »
    Thanks, but it isn't! It is a different number on the bill. Sorry but I have already done all these investigations and came up short.

I thought the landlord had to have a BER inspection done to get a rating or am I wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

as an aside, are you not concerned that the number on the meter doesn't match the bill? I would definitely be contacting ESB about that. Sorry i can't help you with the BER thing, it's a guesstimate anyway isn't it? Can you find guidelines online?

dearg lady wrote: »
    as an aside, are you not concerned that the number on the meter doesn't match the bill?

No, because it is similar and ESB comes to check it anyway, and the bills seem appropriate to our usage.

Dovies wrote: »
    I thought the landlord had to have a BER inspection done to get a rating or am I wrong?

Not looking for LL advice, BER on leases etc, just a basic opinion on how to assess, if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Not looking for LL advice, BER on leases etc, just a basic opinion on how to assess, if possible.

Yes I see that however if there hasnt actually been an assessment done by the landlord I would imagine you cant get a rating.

Dovies wrote: »
    Yes I see that however if there hasnt actually been an assessment done by the landlord I would imagine you cant get a rating.

I am not looking for a rating, I am looking for a guesstimate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I am not looking for a rating, I am looking for a guesstimate.

IF you want a guess why not tell us about your house and we can guess?? :confused: No one is going to be able to tell you what your house is if there's been no BER.

dory wrote: »
    IF you want a guess why not tell us about your house and we can guess?? :confused: No one is going to be able to tell you what your house is if there's been no BER.

Thank you Dory but I don't think I have explained my question correctly and it is an odd situation I am in. If you wouldn't mind, could you just delete this thread? I was simply looking for a way to see if there is a way to guess a home's energy rating.

I dont think that BER is something that you can necessarily guesstimate about. You could visit your family/friends and see what their BER cert on their property is and what the property feels like, but thats not to say that every property with the same rating is necessarily going to feel the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The whole BER is a guess. The whole thing is a bit of a joke really.

Advertisement