Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request - Good physio in Cork

Options
  • 25-02-2013 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

I have been having pain in my right knee for the last few weeks and unfortunately it is getting worse and not better as time goes on (walking up and down the stairs is painful).

I never get anything looked at but I think it is a physio that does this kind of thing so does anyone know a good one in Cork? Preferably one that does not charge a fortune and is based in and around the city (or near Carrigtwohill / Little Island).

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Brian Fox - Touchstone Clinic Blackrock - I know it's not that close but would highly recommend.

Very good physio, and I've been to a few at this stage! Lovely guy & knows his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

+1 on the above recomendation of Brian Fox.

Also been to Eddie Harnett in Ballincollig who I would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Hi kingtut,

There are a number of similar threads already on this forum, a simple search for the word "physio" will return them. I've been to Deirdre Twomey in Wilton Physio and found her very good.

Loire.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

I went to Denise Walsh in Blackpool and found her really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thanks the great feedback everyone
    Loire wrote: »
    Hi kingtut,

There are a number of similar threads already on this forum, a simple search for the word "physio" will return them. I've been to Deirdre Twomey in Wilton Physio and found her very good.

Loire.

Oh yes that is true but the places that were good a few months / years ago might not be good now so no harm in starting a new one :D

Thanks for mentioning the Wilton one, any estimate on price ?

• Advertisement

I think you'll find €50 is the standard rate across the boards - fairly certain that's what Blackrock Clinic is but don't hold me to that :)

D'Agger wrote: »
    I think you'll find €50 is the standard rate across the boards

I remember getting quotes for 55 euro :eek:, but Wilton was 50 euro when I went.

Loire wrote: »
    I remember getting quotes for 55 euro :eek:, but Wilton was 50 euro when I went.
    Yeah I know that €60 is the most I have ever paid but €50 is the norm in general

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

I used to go to Peter Maher in Carrigaline. Used to charge €50 per session. Puts you in a steam room and then a hot tub for a while to soften you up. Found him excellent.

Then all of a sudden he put his prices up to €80 per session. Absolutely crazy price :eek:

I used to go to Peter Maher in Carrigaline. Used to charge €50 per session. Puts you in a steam room and then a hot tub for a while to soften you up. Found him excellent.

Then all of a sudden he put his prices up to €80 per session. Absolutely crazy price :eek:
    I checked him out too but he's a physical therapist rather than a physiotherapist. From what I've researched myself there's a big difference..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hmm so around €50 is what I should expect, thanks everyone!
    For some reason knee seems a little bit better today, maybe the thought of forking out €50 kicked off some sort of self-healing process :pac:

Advertisement