Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Ham Away

Options
  • 25-02-2013 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Massive game. Win our next 2 league games and we are in a very healthy position, although it's easier said than done. It'll be a phyical battle for our 2 centre halves tonight so I'd expect to see caulker for his aerial ability, with maybe Dawson ?? Maybe Adebayor might even score :eek:

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

All the games are massive from here on in.

All eyes on Parker and Dembele's performance.

hopefully Ade will score. I dont care if it goes in off his arse, just as long as he starts scoring again. If he plays the way he did in the 2nd half of the Lyon game the goals will surely come.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Dawson and Caulker to start Ade to score he looks like he wants to be in the goals leading up to the Derby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Bale hat-trick would do nicely !! (have him captained in my fantasy footy team)

I think west ham will get one goal at least ... so 3-1 is my call on it....bale to score first, second, then carroll for the hammers and bale again in the 66th minute.

1-1 at half-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Really looking forward to this one, some really good memories from this fixture as well as nightmare ones. The 4-3 Stalteri goal being the highlight and on the other end of the scale was the dodgy lasagna in 06 :mad: COYS lets go 3rd tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

To me this is the big one. We need a little cushion on Arsenal to avoid a nervy game next weekend so a win is key.

They need to up the tempo early on this one. Our normal game plan is too 1-paced in the last number of matches.

A draw here is a very poor result in my view - after a win here a draw against Arsenal will be a good result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

A good game from Lennon could be key who has struggled in recent weeks I wonder if he needs a rest?

I wonder should we put Walker on the wing for a game with Naughton behind him to give him a rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

A good game from Lennon could be key who has struggled in recent weeks I wonder if he needs a rest?

Hope not, have us to win and Azza to score anytime @11/2.

This is the acid test for me, can we take control of our own destiny? Anything but a win is not good enough! 3-1 the Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

It a huge game alright but im fully expecting a win due to the mentality AVB is making sure the players play with.

Havent seen the team panicking for so long now. Away from home we have been immense this year. I say start with parker/livermore infront of the back 4 and let dembele get forward.

2-0 the spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

very worried about this one.

very tough game - i actually think we will lose 2-1 but obviously am hoping for something different

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

As usual im hugely optimistic....
    Gonna go with 2 bets...
    Adebayor 3-1
    and
    Spurs 2-1.
    Hate West Ham and their poxy kit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

We should we winning this match with ease with our squad and if we have any pretentions of being a top 3 side.

I get the feeling we'll struggle though.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

yeah i reckon were gonna struggle but i really hope im wrong. Just seen this quote in the independant.co.uk This year, 80% of Tottenham's goals have come from Gareth Bale (7) and Clint Dempsey (5)So come on ade pull your socks up and prove you have what it takes to play for a top team like spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

team: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Caulker, Vertonghen, Parker, Dembele, Lennon, Bale, Holtby & Adebayor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I hope Ade puts in 60%, that'l be way more than usual. hope Holtby gets some time, The Togolese Layabout could learn a lot from him. Any sort of a win will be great. Adebyor will be the best ever striker if he gets us a win. Don't want them gooners catching up.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Looks like Parker is the defending midfielder and Dembele is going forward tonight, AVB listened to us

What a save.

Again......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Nice one Mr Bale!

That'll teach them for singing about him, on fire!

• Advertisement

:) we are watching a football god

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Dammit!

Can't argue with that being a peno

Corkbah wrote: »
    Bale hat-trick would do nicely !! (have him captained in my fantasy footy team)

I think west ham will get one goal at least ... so 3-1 is my call on it....bale to score first, second, then carroll for the hammers and bale again in the 66th minute.

1-1 at half-time.

holy **** i hope you put money on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

That was one of the stupidest penalties ever to give away . No need for the tackle

nah ... no money down,

fingers crossed for another two bale goals.

got the half-time score right !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

@SpursStatMan: West Ham's most used pass combination in the first half was Jääskeläinen to Carroll (7).

Sums them up.

We've been pretty poor since they equalised. Lennon & Adebayor not in the game.

Hope you have the FT score right!

• Advertisement

We've been pretty poor since they equalised. Lennon & Adebayor not in the game.

Hope you have the FT score right!

I hope I have the scorer right .... and the result !!

Advertisement