Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tame Impala - Olympia Theatre, August 21st

Options
  • 25-02-2013 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Excellent, been meaning to see these guys for ages now. Tickets on sale Friday morning

MCD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tempted if Im around.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Deadly, only discovered em recently and defo up for seeing em live.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I'll definitely be going to this. The best modern band around, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

tickets on sale now, seems to be standing available still

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Just purchased a few from a certain vendor on Nassau Street, seems to be plenty of standing available from what I could make out. Hella excited about this, should be a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I got a standing ticket today. Should be a great gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

My favourite new band only found them last night!

Will this sell out soon? I'll be getting a standing ticket next week after I get through the Paddy's weekend.

My favourite new band only found them last night!

Will this sell out soon? I'll be getting a standing ticket next week after I get through the Paddy's weekend.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

You should be Ok if it hasn't sold out already. I still have one more to pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 creancrean

Better late than never I say. Very very happy that someone told me to write Tame Impala in my phone one night (I was...not of sound mind). But when that reminder went off to listen to them the next day - serendipitous stuff!

We managed to wrangle circle tickets, but if anyone who sees this knows of how to procure the lusted after standing tickets, PM me please.

Now, I must make my spreadsheet life more interesting with the Impala. MORE I SAY!

• Advertisement

Race the Flux added as support. Fantastic band, do catch them if you are going people. Also, only upper circle tickets left!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 R3sistance

Hey,

I'm just wondering if anyone has spare standing tickets, I'd pay over the selling price to see them.

I'd really really appreciate seeing them, I had no money when the tickets came out and I put it out of my head to lessen the disappointment. Now that I can afford it I'm desperate to see them.

Thank you either way

**(Also I realise there are still upper circle tickets left, but I couldn't possibly sit still watching them)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

R3sistance wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm just wondering if anyone has spare standing tickets, I'd pay over the selling price to see them.

I'd really really appreciate seeing them, I had no money when the tickets came out and I put it out of my head to lessen the disappointment. Now that I can afford it I'm desperate to see them.

Thank you either way

**(Also I realise there are still upper circle tickets left, but I couldn't possibly sit still watching them)

Here's a link to a site that may help you out with some tickets with a bit of luck!

www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17115

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trowel

Would love to see this band live. Been following them for some years now. not keen on balcony seats though.
    If anyone has (1/2) spare standing tickets please PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭weser777

quality band - they sounded fantastic at Glastonbury too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Hope this is allowed by the mods-

I've just put an ad on adverts.ie selling 2 seated circle tickets for this gig.Anyone interested,feel free to contact me through the site.

Its sold out now too!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Cardex

Anyone know what time they're likely to take the stage? Any support act?

Think Tame Impala are on stage round the 9-9.15 mark. Race the Flux at roughly 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Cardex

Mushy wrote: »
    Think Tame Impala are on stage round the 9-9.15 mark. Race the Flux at roughly 8.

Thanks Mush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 combatrock

Absolutely brilliant gig last night. Smile still plastered across my face!!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Absolutely unreal. Anybody know the story with the Flaming Lips recording ? Was it a new song or a cover ? Couldn't quite make out what Kevin said

Wouldn't mind seeing a playlist too, I didn't recognise a few of them

Looks like it was a Flaming Lips cover alright. Was that the long trippy one that went on about 8 or 9 mins?
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tame-impala/2013/olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-6bc6165a.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Great gig, easily one of the best bands I've seen this year.

Tech3 wrote: »
    Great gig, easily one of the best bands I've seen this year.

I hate you all!

I had to sell my ticket because of EP next weekend, saw a few videos on YouTube and it looked and sounded brilliant.

Ah well, next time i suppose!

Advertisement