Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodside, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14 - floooding risk?

Options
  • 25-02-2013 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/woodside-rathfarnham-dublin-14/2327359

Looked at this over the weekend. Very nice, but concerned if its a flooding risk. Its at the back of the estate and far enough from Dodder park road but the estate is overshadowed by a golfclub.
    Wondering if theres a possibility of run off flooding? The whole estate does slope gently to the main road but I have read reports that the front was flooded in 2011...

What do people reckon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

The main Dodder Park Road was flooded in the big rain storm right outside that estate and the road was impassable. It was a pretty unusual amount of water in the river, I was there that night and plenty of houses were flooded in the general Rathfarnham area. I would drop in and ask the neigbours or maybe some of the older people on Dodder Park Road, they would tell you.

The area is really nice but living in a house that is at risk from flooding is a nightmare.

http://www.dublincity.ie/WaterWasteEnvironment/waterprojects/pages/riverdoddercatchmentfloodriskassessmentmanagementstudy.aspx

Maybe ring one of the people involved in the flood risk report above.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I live at top of braemor road, surely there isnt a chance that these houses have been flooded before? dodder road lower yes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I live at top of braemor road, surely there isnt a chance that these houses have been flooded before? dodder road lower yes...

i have seen parts of Lower Dodder Road and Dodder Park Road flooded in the last two years. The entrance to the estate we are talking about was under water as was the whole junction to the river. Another small tributary joins the dodder in that location and I think this causes flooding problems however the house in question may be far enough back not to flood.

Advertisement