Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery life ni the cold

• 25-02-2013 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

While skirmishing yesterday in Redbarn's WW2 event, my ASG STG 44's battery died after about 4 hours of playing. I've always managed to go a full day skirmishing on the one battery so I'm wondering if yesterday's freezing temperatures helped deplete the battery faster than normal? (still managed a few kills with my pistols though;))

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

While skirmishing yesterday in Redbarn's WW2 event, my ASG STG 44's battery died after about 4 hours of playing. I've always managed to go a full day skirmishing on the one battery so I'm wondering if yesterday's freezing temperatures helped deplete the battery faster than normal? (still managed a few kills with my pistols though;))

What size is the battery and how many BB's did you use in those 4hrs please? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

What size is the battery and how many BB's did you use in those 4hrs please? :)

8.4v 1600mah nimh and I went through three full mags which totalled about 1,500 bb's. Looking at these numbers, I guess I just used the battery up as 1 bb fired = 1 mah I think?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

8.4v 1600mah nimh and I went through three full mags which totalled about 1,500 bb's. Looking at these numbers, I guess I just used the battery up as 1 bb fired = 1 mah I think?????

Just about and your on the ball ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

The cold affects batteries so you will get decreased performance. I remember playing a game in -3 or -4 degree weather a few years ago, I just plugged the battery in, went to chrono 5 minutes later and the gun would barely turn over, even though it was fully charged the night before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

In my experience I've found nimh batteries to be affected more by the cold than Lipos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Yup the cold effects the chemical reaction of a battery. If you heat battery's when cold they work for a bit longer in the cold.

Well I know this from non airsoft related battery's but I'd imagine warming up a battery for your aeg should work by right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

jayod30 wrote: »
    In my experience I've found nimh batteries to be affected more by the cold than Lipos.

I use lipos in my radio controlled planes and in these current cold temperatures, the normal flying time of 12-15 minutes is reduced to 5 or 6 minutes. Of course the windchill effect and prop blast probably cools the lips down a lot quicker too.

Advertisement