Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham v Spurs 8 p.m.

• 25-02-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

So it's an important game for Spurs a win could take them above Chelsea and more inportantly keep a 4 point gap between Spurs and Arsenal ahead of the North London Derby.

That said Spurs have an atrocious record away to Sam Allardyce teams.

I'm expecting a draw to go level with Chelsea.

Hugo
    Walker -- Dawson -- Caulker -- Vertoghen

Dembele -- Parker

Lennon
    Bale

Holtby
    Ade

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Come on the Hammers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hope there is respect around the ground tonight. Especially as it was the 20th anniversary of Bobby Moore's death yesterday.

Minutes applause at the start.

United have issued a statement as follows -

"In a joint statement West Ham United Joint Chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold said: "We both feel it is hugely important that we are continuing our great work from 2012 that highlights discrimination in society today. We supported a number of key initiatives last year which we are continuing to build on throughout 2013.

"We firmly believe that West Ham United is a club that promotes fairness and inclusion and we want the Boleyn Ground to continue to be a place that people from all backgrounds feel welcome.

"We have made it very clear that we will not tolerate any form of discriminatory behaviour and one by one we will root out those fans that do not deserve to represent this great club of ours. We must be clear that we will pursue the harshest sanctions against any individual who goes against what we stand for as a club.

"It is obvious that the vast, vast majority of Hammers fans support the club in the right way and we are very grateful for the tremendous backing we receive from our supporters. However, in the rare case that supporters do see or hear anything they think is unacceptable, there are a number of ways they can report the matter.

"Two of the easiest ways are to speak to their nearest steward at the stadium or use the Boleyn Ground's anonymous fan phone number - 07860 404 069 - where all calls will be treated in the strictest of confidence.

"Everyone at West Ham United is looking forward to Monday's visit of Tottenham Hotspur. It should be a fantastic game of football, a wonderful opportunity to remember Bobby Moore - the greatest player to don the famous claret and blue - and a chance to show the world what being a Hammers fan is all about - supporting with pride, passion and respect."

COYI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Spurs to win.

West Ham somehow have accumulated their present points total. Don't see them adding many more to that figure between now and May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hope there is respect around the ground tonight. Especially as it was the 20th anniversary of Bobby Moore's death yesterday.
    Why the concern? Didn't realise there was any history between West Ham and Spurs

Spurs to win.

West Ham somehow have accumulated their present points total. Don't see them adding many more to that figure between now and May.

How did you work that one out?

You telling me that we can't get any points from Stoke, WBA, Reading, Southampton, Wigan, Everton, Newcastle, even Liverpool ?

That's quite a ridiculous statement to make if you don't mind me sayin'

• Advertisement

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Why the concern? Didn't realise there was any history between West Ham and Spurs

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

There was some anti-Semitic chanting from West Ham fans(Small section) at the game at WHL so there is some concern Spurs away fans are going to be taking the piss out of this which of course will mean more anti-Semitic chanting in return etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

vicwatson wrote: »
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit :p
    Well pardon me for not being an expert in London football clubs and asking a genuine question.

Well pardon me for not being an expert in London football clubs and asking a genuine question.

Sorry, I thought you were joking about. There has been a long standing dislike of each other between the two clubs at fan level and board room level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Score draw, Bale impressive again.

• Advertisement

Surprisingly still tickets on Sale for the game what are they going to do when they have a 60,000 seater stadium?

Surprisingly still tickets on Sale for the game what are they going to do when they have a 60,000 seater stadium?

Agreed. I foresee a big problem with that. Owners seem to have done the Maths though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Hopefully we can pull out a performance given the day that's in it but I'm not expecting much to be honest. We can never seem to raise our game for Spurs.
    I'm predicting an easy 2-0 win for Spurs. Bale will probably get at least one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Really up for west ham tonight to soften up the spuds ahead of the north London derby on Sunday. Come on west ham!

Lloris,
    Walker, Dawson, Caulker, Vertonghen,
    Lennon, Parker, Dembele, Bale,
    Holtby,
    Adebayor

subs: Friedel, Assou-Ekotto, Gallas, Naughton, Carroll, Livermore, Sigurdsson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

So it's an important game for Spurs a win could take them above Chelsea and more inportantly keep a 4 point gap between Spurs and Arsenal ahead of the North London Derby.

That said Spurs have an atrocious record away to Sam Allardyce teams.

I'm expecting a draw to go level with Chelsea.

Hugo
    Walker -- Dawson -- Caulker -- Vertoghen

Dembele -- Parker

Lennon
    Bale

Holtby
    Ade

You got the team spot on. Inside knowledge??? :D

Jaaskelainen;
    Demel, Reid, Collins, O'Brien;
    O'Neil, Diame;
    J Cole, Nolan, Jarvis;
    Carroll.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    You got the team spot on. Inside knowledge??? :D
    Nah educated guess hieght at the back and holtby has been great so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Lol at this Bobby Moore rubbish from West Ham, club treated him like a piece of **** when he needed them most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Tenner on Dawson man of the match @ 25/1. Can see this being a scrappy game and apparently Dawson tends to do well against Andy Carroll when playing him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Lol at this Bobby Moore rubbish from West Ham, club treated him like a piece of **** when he needed them most.

Didn't know about that, what did they do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Bale would be a great player if he had a right foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I don't think I'll ever be able to look at Andy Carroll again without thinking £35m.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Lol West ham

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Super finish. The lad is just lethal around that area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Liam O wrote: »
    Suppose he's alright anyway :D Have a tenner on him and Spurs so it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Fine finish, have Bale to score and Spurs to win.

Finish 1-3 now please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

West Ham fans singing "he looks like a chimp" as he turned to shoot....what a way to shut the f*ckers up!

delighted for him, no player should be subject to that sort of rubbish and its the best way to silence the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Serves them right for starting Carroll ahead of the shockin Morrocan

Marouane-Chamakh-Arsenal-training_2785775.jpg

Jesus christ I really didn't think he would score that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What a stupid tackle by Parker.

Thought that was a good tackle until about the 3rd replay :o

Well put away by Andy

Definite pen and well dispatched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Annnnnnnnnnnnndy....mr prime minister

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

There is no shame playing second fiddle to the legendary Andy Carroll.

Thought that was a good tackle until about the 3rd replay :o

Well put away by Andy
    Yea, it was a good call from Webb, thought he got the ball the first 2 replays :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

one of those ones where he got the ball first, but then took the man out. could easily have not been given but at least Webb is consistent, he has given a few like that before which just proves the "got the ball" theory is not really relevent in certain cases.

Spurs look awfully shaky at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Modern day football needs more Scott Parkers.

He gets lumped, bumped and kicked about but never goes down unless there is no chance of staying in his feet.

Great to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Leiva wrote: »
    Modern day football needs more Scott Parkers.

He gets lumped, bumped and kicked about but never goes down unless there is no chance of staying in his feet.

Great to see.

Haven't seen much skill from him since the mc Donald's add 20 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

one of those ones where he got the ball first, but then took the man out. could easily have not been given but at least Webb is consistent, he has given a few like that before which just proves the "got the ball" theory is not really relevent in certain cases.

He didn't get the ball at all.

Mr Whirly wrote: »

He didn't get the ball at all.
    He got the ball with his other foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Diame is having a good game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Liam O wrote: »

Dafuq? Bale is a great player.

I was disappointed to hear hammers fans booing Scott Parker, I thought he was super player and you can't blame someone for wanting to play in the Premier league when they've international ambitions.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

That's an unforgivable miss

Got to score that. Jussi in good form tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Great game.

Great take and finish, criminal to let him in there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Great goal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement