Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham v Spurs 8 p.m.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Bale keeps this up he should get the ballondor, hes carrying little spurs on his shoulders, what a player

I think messers Suarez, Van Persie, Ronaldo and Messi would disagree.

He's good but not as consistently good like those 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

eagle eye wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

I'd rather have the plague then sit in his company .

im wile drunk lols bale for baloon door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Super-Rush wrote: »

Agree, but since the new year he has been. It'll cost some amount of money to get him away from Spurs this summer.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Esse85 wrote: »
    Brainless, oh the irony.

Ah you have to admit there was a few ridiculous ones :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Not consistently good? Could have fooled me. He's been ridiculously consistent for most of this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Jaaskelainen was outstanding, feel a bit sorry for him. Great game for the neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

me89 wrote: »
    That hurt.
    I think big Sam cost us with those last two substitutions.

Seriously, Pogatetz ?

Wtf was he thinking ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

cambo2008 wrote: »

anyone rememeber the "bale curse". he wasnt in a winning spurs team in over a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Suarez is out of place in that line-up, and he's nothing on Bale. Blinkers off, son.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

im a spurs fan but this fella has man utd written all over him. if he goes there football can go and **** itself.

markesmith wrote: »
    Suarez is out of place in that line-up, and he's nothing on Bale. Blinkers off, son.

Oh please stop making my eyes hurt , Liverpool without Suarez would be fighting a relegation battle . Suarez has scored 5 more goals this season then bale in the EPL .

Oh please stop making my eyes hurt , Liverpool without Suarez would be fighting a relegation battle . Suarez has scored 5 more goals this season then bale in the EPL .

Suarez is a striker...

And can I also say this. Can I surmise, from your username, that you are about 25 years of age? I was supporting Spurs three years by the time you were born.

Suarez is a great player, but is he as good as Torres, Rush, Dalglish, Fowler, Owen, all those players you've had through the years?

Bale is the best player we've had since Hoddle. Older heads would tell you he's the best since Blanchflower.

As I posted somewhere else. Bale. Is. The. Real. Deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Agree, but since the new year he has been. It'll cost some amount of money to get him away from Spurs this summer.

Oh no doubt but when he puts full seasons together then he'll always be knocking on the door.
    Pighead wrote: »
    Not consistently good? Could have fooled me. He's been ridiculously consistent for most of this season.

He's been patchy this season. Good but patchy.

Jog on.
    Suarez is a striker...

Well to use that logic he is behind Iniesta, Xavi, Messi and Ronaldo.

And can I also say this. Can I surmise, from your username, that you are about 25 years of age? I was supporting Spurs three years by the time you were born.

Suarez is a great player, but is he as good as Torres, Rush, Dalglish, Fowler, Owen, all those players you've had through the years?

Bale is the best player we've had since Hoddle. Older heads would tell you he's the best since Blanchflower.

As I posted somewhere else. Bale. Is. The. Real. Deal.

Out of the list of LFC players you mentioned Dalglish is the only one better then Suarez . Torres needed the team set up in a certain manner to make him look good . Rush was the 80's version of Ruud Van Nistelrooy he was goal machine with a good work rate . Fowler and Owen where a pair of clinical finishers they where great for a few years but seemed to burn out as they got older .
    Bale may be the real deal but right now its between Suarez and RVP as the best player in the league . They have done more for their teams then any other player . As I mentioned we would be in a relegation battle and Man Utd will win the league because of RVP's goals .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

He's been patchy this season. Good but patchy.

Jog on yourself, he has not been patchy. I watch Spurs every week and he is definately not patchy. I would not swap Bale for Suarez that is for sure.

Bale may be the real deal but right now its between Suarez and RVP as the best player in the league .

I respectfully disagree with you kind sir, and I'm entitled to that opinion. Hail fellow well met.

• Advertisement

I respectfully disagree with you kind sir, and I'm entitled to that opinion. Hail fellow well met.

Ah its only natural to side with the player on your team , I know more about Suarez you know more about Bale . I only watch Bale a couple of times a year .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Once again, our players seem unable to grasp the fact that a game of football lasts for 90+ minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bale may be the real deal but right now its between Suarez and RVP as the best player in the league . They have done more for their teams then any other player . As I mentioned we would be in a relegation battle and Man Utd will win the league because of RVP's goals .
    Are you for real? Suarez is a great player in his own right but he isn't in the conversation for best player in the league.

That is currently between Mata, RVP and Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Are you for real? Suarez is a great player in his own right but he isn't in the conversation for best player in the league.

Suarez isnt in contention for Best Player :rolleyes:
    he's been better than Mata & Bale imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He's no right foot though, rubbish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Bales been on form for a few weeks, Before that hes done **** all this season.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Suarez isnt in contention for Best Player :rolleyes:
    he's been better than Mata & Bale imo
    0ph0rce0 wrote: »

I couldn't have put it any better myself .

That's nonsense to put it mildly.

I couldn't have put it any better myself .

He does have 15 goals, but if we are going on goals so does Michu who for me has been twice the player bale has been this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Suarez is good, Bale is better. Bale is the most rounded footballer in the premiership. RVP is an amazing striker ... Best in the world In my opinion. Suarez can score and create, a real handful. Bale can score wonder goals, score with his head, score tap ins, score free kicks, provide quality crosses and assists, play centrally or on the wing or full back if he needs to, is probably the fittest and fastest player in the premiership and can beat players for fun. Best player in the premiership? I certainly think so. We haven't seen a player this good since Ronaldo and he is only coming into his stride now.

Bale is a good player indeed, But come on the chap scores a nice goal at the end there and all the folks are out saying hes the best at this and that.

He'll be off to Barcelona tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Playboy wrote: »
    Suarez is good, Bale is better. Bale is the most rounded footballer in the premiership. RVP is an amazing striker ... Best in the world In my opinion. Suarez can score and create, a real handful. Bale can score wonder goals, score with his head, score tap ins, score free kicks, provide quality crosses and assists, play centrally or on the wing or full back if he needs to, is probably the fittest and fastest player in the premiership and can beat players for fun. Best player in the premiership? I certainly think so. We haven't seen a player this good since Ronaldo and he is only coming into his stride now.

Now thats the biggest load of stink ive ever read, sorry

Bale is a good player indeed, But come on the chap scores a nice goal at the end there and all the folks are out saying hes the best at this and that.

He'll be off to Barcelona tomorrow :rolleyes:
    Yep, that's it. 1 goal has convinced me of his talents :rolleyes:

He does have 15 goals, but if we are going on goals so does Michu who for me has been twice the player bale has been this season

Yes Michu deserves to be right up there he has been fantastic this season . If he keeps playing the way he is then he will be leaving swansea at some stage in the near future .

Michu's general play has been nothing special. He's been excellent at taking his chances but he can be out of a game for too long. Great player but I wouldn't be mentioning him with the others.

Yep, that's it. 1 goal has convinced me of his talents :rolleyes:

I know thats what i said sure ;)

Michu's general play has been nothing special. He's been excellent at taking his chances but he can be out of a game for too long. Great player but I wouldn't be mentioning him with the others.

Just like bale has been since the start of the season up until a few weeks ago, he had the odd goal here and there, but most of great play and form has only come since the end of january .

Nowhere near best player of the season so far 15 goals or not.

Just like bale has been since the start of the season up until a few weeks ago, he had the odd goal here and there, but most of great play and form has only come since the end of january .

Nowhere near best player of the season so far 15 goals or not.
    I never said he was the best player this season but you're seriously undermining his performances. Saying he's only had a few good weeks suggests you have not seen him play much.

I never said he was the best player this season but you're seriously undermining his performances. Saying he's only had a few good weeks suggests you have not seen him play much.

I'm not aiming at you really, I've seen pretty much every game since the start of the season otherwise i would keep my opinion to myself as it wouldnt make any sense for me to critic something i havent seen.

Not arguing or trying to put him down, but his performances up until recently have been mediocre at best, its just my opinion, Dont be mad :)

Is that you Jeff Stelling ?

Suarez can do all you mentioned he can play as a secondary striker and I'm sure he would do a job on the right hand side too . Wasn't Bale a fairly bad left back the last time he played their AVB swore it would be the last time .

Now thats the biggest load of stink ive ever read, sorry

You say you have seen a lot of Bale but you obviously haven't. Believe whatever you want but time will prove me right.

• Advertisement

Is that you Jeff Stelling ?

Suarez can do all you mentioned he can play as a secondary striker and I'm sure he would do a job on the right hand side too . Wasn't Bale a fairly bad left back the last time he played their AVB swore it would be the last time .

No he can't and if you watched enough of both players you would see the difference. Suarez is a great player but he is 3 years older and is as good as he is going to get. I haven't seen a massive step up since his time at Ajax. I was praying Spurs bought him but Harry being it the idiot he was let him go. He has managed to perform at a top level in a tougher league but he is inconsistent in front of goal and lacks the raw pace and power that Bale has. At the end of the day it's an opinion but I think most neutrals would prefer Bale to Suarez... Start a poll if you like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No he can't and if you watched enough of both players you would see the difference. Suarez is a great player but he is 3 years older and is as good as he is going to get. I haven't seen a massive step up since his time at Ajax. I was praying Spurs bought him but Harry being it the idiot he was let him go. He has managed to perform at a top level in a tougher league but he is inconsistent in front of goal and lacks the raw pace and power that Bale has. At the end of the day it's an opinion but I think most neutrals would prefer Bale to Suarez... Start a poll if you like
    Starting a poll for Bale against any Liverpool player might not end well for Bale on this forum. For what its worth, I'd have Suarez anyway though.

You say you have seen a lot of Bale but you obviously haven't. Believe whatever you want but time will prove me right.

Yes i have its what i said isnt it :rolleyes: as much as i hate that ronaldo lad to even compare bale to anything like him now or years ago in the PL just goes to show that you have no clue about football my friend.

What you said in your last post was utter nonsense

Yes i have its what i said isnt it :rolleyes: as much as i hate that ronaldo lad to even compare bale to anything like him now or years ago in the PL just goes to show that you have no clue about football my friend.

What you said in your last post was utter nonsense

I didn't say he was as good as .. Yet. Best since him though. Name another player as well rounded? And yes you are talking ****e ... We wouldn't be having this conversation if you watched as much football as you say you do. Troll :rolleyes:

I didn't say he was as good as .. Yet. Best since him though. Name another player as well rounded? And yes you are talking ****e ... We wouldn't be having this conversation if you watched as much football as you say you do. Troll :rolleyes:

Yes i'm a troll :rolleyes: Your obviously a spurs fan so whats the point.

I already said hes a good player, i also said i wasnt putting him down.

Yes ive seen pretty much every game, i watch lots of football, thats what i like to do.

I'm a neutral and to see people big him up so much after a few weeks of form and saying he's the best player since ronaldo is utter ****e.

He has been nowhere near the player he can be so far this season up until a few weeks ago, thats my point nothing more.

We haven't saw a massive step up because he is such a good player he took the worlds greatest league in his stride . He might be inconsistent in front of goal but the majority of the chances he gets are self made chances . Some players have different attributes and Suarez isn't the fastest or might not have the power of some players but more then makes up for it with his skill and technique . Suarez can do things with the ball at his feet that most players can only dream of being able to do .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

COYS!!

What a game tonight, couldn't be happier!

Yes i'm a troll :rolleyes: Your obviously a spurs fan so whats the point.

I already said hes a good player, i also said i wasnt putting him down.

Yes ive seen pretty much every game, i watch lots of football, thats what i like to do.

I'm a neutral and to see people big him up so much after a few weeks of form and saying he's the best player since ronaldo is utter ****e.

He has been nowhere near the player he can be so far this season up until a few weeks ago, thats my point nothing more.

Well I've been watching the lad for years and see every game whether its on sky or not as i'll see him live or on a a stream. Are you telling me that you watch every Spurs game even though you aren't a fan? If you watched every game then you wouldn't make a statement about him only having a few good weeks of form. It's such a stupid statement that I can't take you seriously. The kid will likely sell for close to £50m in the next season or two and have the biggest clubs in the world fighting for him. All based on a few good weeks of form I suppose... Just anothe Amr Zaki... Here today gone tomorrow :rolleyes:

All the haters on this thread are nuts. He's scored 12 goals in his last 13 league appearances. He's been slow out of the blocks this season but he seemed to put on a lot of muscle in the summer and had to find the balance in his game. Even so, he's been very good (at the least) coming into this run of form.

We're all a bit sceptical on this forum, but if Bale was playing like this for United or Liverpool, there would be a collective fluid-oozing session on the soccer forum here :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Weird thing is I thought Bale was quiet tonight besides the two goals.

Advertisement