Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MEAT LOAF RETURNS TO IRELAND WITH LAST EVER CONCERT FOR IRISH FANS

Options
  • 25-02-2013 1:02pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The "Last at Bat" Tour.

& special guests

May 14 Odyssey Arena, Belfast

May 17 The O2, Dublin

Tickets from €58.70 including booking fee go on-sale this Friday at 9am

How many last tours/concerts has this lad done over the years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Definitely going.

Just for one last chance to hear BOOH cover to cover.......I know the haters will say that he's not up to it and his voice is shot (and i agree), but i still think hes a consumate showman........this will be roughly the 10th time going to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

I think the break in between dates will be a big help to him. 2 sometimes 3 days off in between shows and an interval will give for a better show IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Guys - what's the chances of this selling out??

Myself and my partner are going along with 4 friends. Only problem is, the four friends have seated tickets and we have standing. The person that booked the tickets made a mistake.

I've been asking him to consider swapping the seated tickets for standing ones. If he doesn't, i'm just gonna sell the two tickets I have. But i've only a hope of selling them if the gig sells out. What's the likelihood do you reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Wurly wrote: »
    Guys - what's the chances of this selling out??

Myself and my partner are going along with 4 friends. Only problem is, the four friends have seated tickets and we have standing. The person that booked the tickets made a mistake.

I've been asking him to consider swapping the seated tickets for standing ones. If he doesn't, i'm just gonna sell the two tickets I have. But i've only a hope of selling them if the gig sells out. What's the likelihood do you reckon?

I don't think this sold out last time it was here. Are the seat numbers reserved? If you sell your tickets you might not be able to get seats near your friends anyway?

I don't think this sold out last time it was here. Are the seat numbers reserved? If you sell your tickets you might not be able to get seats near your friends anyway?

No I mean, I probably wont go at all. I was more going for the craic with my friends, rather than to see Meatloaf to be honest. So if i'm not gonna be going with them, i'd prefer not to go at all..

Sh*tballs on it not selling out though. aagh:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ahh I see my mistake. You never know. You could put them up on toutless for just less than what you paid and if they don't sell out just go anyway?

Yeah, very true. Thanks for your help.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

his Final one

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

Anyone know what time Meat will be on stage Friday?

Hopefully shaping up to be a good gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Zardoz

RodVelvet wrote: »
    Anyone know what time Meat will be on stage Friday?

Hopefully shaping up to be a good gig.
    He plays for ~2.5 hours so he will come on around 8.30 I'd guess.
    I was tempted to go but his voice is completely shot ,he shouldn't be playing live anymore to be honest.

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    I was tempted to go but his voice is completely shot ,he shouldn't be playing live anymore to be honest.

Im going on Friday, and have been keeping an eye on the reviews of the tour so far. Seemingly his vocals are at the best quality theyve been in the last 20 years.....but i do know where you're coming from. Some of the vocals on the Three Bats DVD were horrendous. Especially Anything for Love.

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Im going on Friday, and have been keeping an eye on the reviews of the tour so far. Seemingly his vocals are at the best quality theyve been in the last 20 years.....but i do know where you're coming from. Some of the vocals on the Three Bats DVD were horrendous. Especially Anything for Love.
    Fair enough so,thats good news ,I might go so .
    Have the reviews been favorable ,some of the ones I read said his voice was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

MEAT LOAF RETURNS TO IRELAND WITH LAST EVER CONCERT FOR IRISH FANS

Does this mean Irish fans can't attend his concerts elsewhere :pac:

The setlist for the tour is the same every night it seems.

The first half of the setlist isnt great .
    There are a few notable omissions ,I'd Lie for You (And That's the Truth) ,Not a Dry Eye in the House and Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through.

The second half of the gig is the complete Bat out of Hell album.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 El Chucko

Zardoz wrote: »
    The setlist for the tour is the same every night it seems.

The first half of the setlist isnt great .
    There are a few notable omissions ,I'd Lie for You (And That's the Truth) ,Not a Dry Eye in the House and Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through.

The second half of the gig is the complete Bat out of Hell album.

A mate of mine has seen him a few times and said the same thing....he still wouldn't miss it for the pure 'cheese factor' though!

Anyone know what time the gig will start at ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stage times for Meat Loaf at The O2 tonight!
    DOORS - 6:30PM
    SHOWTIME - 8:00PM

No Support

Came on @ 8.20 in Belfast in Tuesday.......Seemingly Act 2 starts bang on 9.

Just picked up two standing tickets on ticket master a while ago. Seems they held tickets back, some good seats available now in block e. Looking forward to gig, won't be able to get there until close to eight but should hopefully get a good spot. Is the standing area big?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dr. Nooooo!

Awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Great gig, such emotion at it. It was sad to see him struggling in front of your eyes though. He didn't look well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Was at the gig last night and was my first time to see Meat Loaf live. Afterwards i had mixed emotions about the gig, one was frustration at myself, i suppose at not seeing Meat Loaf perform in the past in Ireland over the last 20 years when he was at the top of his game before his health deteriorated. And the next overriding feeling was one of sadness and poignancy at seeing the great man on stage struggling to sing most of the songs from "Bat Out Of Hell" and his greatest hits.

The band were briliant coming to Meat Loafs aid especially at the backing vocals where the power just isnt there anymore to carry the tunes. I guess at 65 and with his declining health plus his gruelling tour schedule that he did over the last 40 years leads to the case that time has inevitably has caught up with him.

Nevertheless the crowd was in great form singing every song and his interaction with the crowd was fantastic. I loved the rendition of "Two Out Of Three Aint Bad" and "Paradise By the Dashboard Light" and "For Crying Out Loud" (his telling the story of how Jim Steinman wrote the song and why he thought its the greatest love song ever written which lead him to tears, brought a tear to my eye, it was heartbreaking).

Having said that i was happy that i saw the great man perform, he did struggle i suppose but he stuck at it put on a professional show and most importantly of all he played for the fans, whom he loves. He'll always be a legend in my eyes!!!!!

I really enjoyed it, he did struggle a bit at times but it was by no means crap where you'd regret going. I still thought it was an amazing show and worth every cent. Not at the lofty standards of the past but he is 65. Energy in the place was amazing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show after having my reservations beforehand.

Meatloaf's voice was alot better than I had expected and he looked alot better than he has recently,he is a pensioner after all.

The stage ,lighting and band were top notch and the sound was excellent .

First section was 50 minutes long ,then a break for 15 minutes and then a second session of 95 minutes so almost 2 and a half hours on stage in total.

Great night.

Any photos anyone?

Here are two I took

Advertisement