Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How old do I have to be to get my eyebrows pierced?

• 25-02-2013 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So I'm 13 and I'm turning 14 in June, I really want to get it done and I have thought over it! Can I get it done if I bring someone over 18, because in September my sister turns 18 and I want her to take me, ill be 14

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Bring a parent

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DylanJayy

Melion wrote: »
    Bring a parent
    Does it have to be a parent? I'm not telling them I'm getting it done because they won't let me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I would hope no shop would do any piercing on any child under 16 without a parent present.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I would hope no shop would do any piercing on any child under 16 without a parent present.
    would they know she's not my parent? Or could I get my mam to sign something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

You are unlikely to be able to get it done under the age of 16, and even that, any decent place won't pierce anyone under 18.
    I would really encourage you to wait though. Your parents won't be pleased, and most schools have no- piercings policies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

DylanJayy wrote: »
    would they know she's not my parent? Or could I get my mam to sign something

I'd really hope so, if they thought someone who's 18 looks like the parent of a 14 year old I'd be very worried.

I don't think they'd buy a parent signing something as that could easily just be a forgery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

DylanJayy wrote: »
    Does it have to be a parent? I'm not telling them I'm getting it done because they won't let me

So when you get home they make you take it out? Which means a waste of money and time. A lot of schools wont allow it and aswell as that, you are only 13, your body and skin are still growing. Theres a good chance that as you grow, the piercing will reject.

Wait until you are 18.

And no decent studio will let you bring a consent form home with you to get signed by a "Parent"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As the others have said, it's in your own best interests not to get it done until you're older.
    1. - Your body will have stopped growing then, so there's a much higher chance of the piercing being successfull.
    2. - You will be able to go to a decent, reputable studio that will do a good job of the piercing.
    3. - You'll avoid any fallout and rows with family and with school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Get yourslef imancipated, move out of your parents house, pay your own bills, then you can do whatever you want, Till you do that do what your parents tell you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

Arawn wrote: »
    Get yourslef imancipated, move out of your parents house, pay your own bills, then you can do whatever you want, Till you do that do what your parents tell you

That stared off with great potential for a really funny, ridiculous sitcom plot. Then it got serious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

to add to what the others have said, do some research into piercings. Eyebrow piercings at your age will more than likely reject, and that'd be a complete waste of money and could leave scarring. If you really want a piercing, why not get parental approval to do something more simple, like an ear piercing, show them that you can follow the afterward routine perfectly, heal it correctly and then wait til your body has grown enough so that the risk of rejection is much smaller. at least then you'll have read up on what to expect, it should hopefully not reject and you can feel confident in your abilities to follow the proper healing procedure. I'm ten years older than you and I'm putting off getting my lip pierced purely because I know I'm so busy that I won't take proper care of it while it's healing, so I'll wait til I can. :)

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    to add to what the others have said, do some research into piercings. Eyebrow piercings at your age will more than likely reject, and that'd be a complete waste of money and could leave scarring. If you really want a piercing, why not get parental approval to do something more simple, like an ear piercing, show them that you can follow the afterward routine perfectly, heal it correctly and then wait til your body has grown enough so that the risk of rejection is much smaller. at least then you'll have read up on what to expect, it should hopefully not reject and you can feel confident in your abilities to follow the proper healing procedure. I'm ten years older than you and I'm putting off getting my lip pierced purely because I know I'm so busy that I won't take proper care of it while it's healing, so I'll wait til I can. :)
    Thanks:) I've done some reaserch and I think I'm gonna wait a couple years until I'm 15 and then get it done I really want to get it done because I think it would suit me

Advertisement