Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C My 1st hurling attempt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I am no sports photographer but....

#1 1st one is the best and only thing I can say 'wrong' with it is one gets used to the crowd and with none here etc etc and also perhaps it is a bit flat?

#2 May be crooked and as with all the pics flat, also it doesn't seem as interesting

#3 No Sliotar and soft.

#4 Seems to have decent zest or should I say attractive PP (life) maybe a tighter crop?

#5 Soft so straight away I lose interest.

Overall for a 1st attempt they are grand. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

"Hi,
    My first attempt at hurling. Photos aren't anything amazing but I enjoyed myself, will do it again"

Not a bad hurler, who took the photos? :D:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

#1 The focus is on the back player more than the front. The pitch looks wonky so would try and straighten it up a bit more. Shadows across the face too, would rather sit with sun behind or shoot into the sun.

#2 Ball too far away, not peak action, wonky horizon

#3 No ball - no interest

#4 Same as 2, not peak action you're standing in the shot

#5 Soft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Considering its your first attempt they are not bad. It will take a bit of practice and timing but getting to games regularly I have no doubt you will see better images after a few match's.

When you know the games as well as you do you will read the action better and your timing will be better and this will be a big help to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

cheers for the comments. I shot at f2.8 to get blurred background, maybe should try f4 or thereabouts.
    Here's a few other ones
    galway-hurling.jpg

carnmore-hurling.jpg

8505540372_3414086744_c.jpg
    hurling by Photoblog.ie (Patrick Dinneen), on Flickr

8505491188_9b2bd91365_z.jpg
    Hurling- Carnmore vs Craughwell by Photoblog.ie (Patrick Dinneen), on Flickr

8506895912_ebdc08df0b_z.jpg
    stick fighting by Photoblog.ie (Patrick Dinneen), on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Second set don't do anything for me especially with a mix of processing. The last one would be the best but still soft and the nearest player is missing an elbow.

Advertisement