Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take a credit card transaction to appear on 365 online?

Options
  • 25-02-2013 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

I used my credit card yesterday (Sunday) for an online purchase and I noticed my credit limit has gone down when I checked 365 online this morning. How long does it take for the transaction itself to be seen online? The balance still says 0.00.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Can take a day or two I find, although I haven't noticed a particular pattern.

EDIT Sorry didn't realise this was in the talk to forum, I presume you were looking for a more specific official answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah two working days, I usually find. 

It can also depend on when the actual charge is made. For some purchases the authorisation is made, which reduces your balance, but the actual charge itself is not submitted until the goods are shipped. So it may not appear until a day or two after the stuff has been sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Transaction was there this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies you did not receive an answer to your initial post, glad to hear it is sorted now. For future reference, a credit card payment will display online after the retailer has posted the transaction in full. As marco_polo and seamus correctly mentioned, this generally takes 2-3 days.

Thanks and apologies again for the delay in responding to you.
    Tara

Advertisement