Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to EI for gas

Options
  • 25-02-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

I'm with Bord Gais for my gas, I have a pay as you go gas meter and I'm with yourselves for my electricity.

Can I switch to you for my gas and keep the pay as you go meter and if so what type of discount would there be as I would be with you for electricity and gas?

I don't pay via direct debit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi hellboy99,

You could switch and keep the pay as you go meter, but to be eligible for our dual-fuel discounts, you would need to either:

1) Pay by direct debit
    2) Change the gas meter
    3) Opt for online billing, or
    4) All of the above (in which case you would receive maximum 10% off both electricity and gas)

Without changing from a pay as you go meter, we unfortunately can't offer our range of dual-fuel discounts. If you decide to change the gas meter, but decide not to go ahead with direct debit as a payment method, the maximum available discount would be 5% for electricity (consisting of 3% for being a dual-fuel customer, and 2% for selecting online billing) and 2% for gas (consisting of the 2% online billing discount).

If you would like me to look into this further for you, please feel free to send us your account details by PM.

Thanks,

David

Advertisement