Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nine Inch Nails Discussion.

Options
  • 25-02-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭

NIN are touring the USA this year: "the band's U.S. "How to Destroy Angels" tour will feature songs from the band's long hit list of albums." According to Adrian Belew, who will be in the band, there will be more dates announced later, in the USA this year and worldwide next year.
    Trent wrote:
    The band is reinventing itself from scratch and will be comprised of Eric Avery, Adrian Belew, Alessandro Cortini, Joshua Eustis, Ilan Rubin, and me. The first shows will begin this summer, followed by a full-on arena tour of the US this fall, and lots of other dates worldwide to follow through 2014.
    (Adrian who? He's been involved in the last few NIN albums on guitar "sonic sculpture" e.g. Mr. Self Destruct. He's best known for his work with King Crimson, as well as Frank Zappa, David Bowie, Laurie Anderson and many more. Basically, if you want to hear the sound of a robotic elephant fighting a steam-powered backhoe driven by John Lennon, he's your man. :cool: )

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hope they get back here, NIN was quite possibly the best live gig I have ever layed eyes on......

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

A little confusing. How To Destroy Angels is a separate Trent Reznor project that was started in 2010 I think it was. Wonder if the album is going to become part of NIN back catolog or whether there's some confusion on that website and Adrian Belew's behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

:Keith: wrote: »
    A little confusing. How To Destroy Angels is a separate Trent Reznor project that was started in 2010 I think it was. Wonder if the album is going to become part of NIN back catolog or whether there's some confusion on that website and Adrian Belew's behalf.

Gets even more confusing when one factors in that How To Destroy Angels will be releasing their second album in about two weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The name seems to be official e.g. Grunge Report has it too. Adrian didn't mention it.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

bnt wrote: »
    The name seems to be official e.g. Grunge Report has it too. Adrian didn't mention it.

That link looks like it is for a How To Destroy Angels tour rather than a NIN tour.

• Advertisement

So, a "How To Destroy Angels" tour, followed by a NIN tour? OK.

Just had a look elsewhere online. There is no NIN tour at all, it is just a How To Destroy Angels tour to promote the new album.

The NIN bit looks to be nowt more than someone seeing Trent's name and assuming that How To Destroy Angels was the name of a new NIN album rather than a totally seperate band that Trent is also in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Kess73 wrote: »
    Just had a look elsewhere online. There is no NIN tour at all, it is just a How To Destroy Angels tour to promote the new album.

The NIN bit looks to be nowt more than someone seeing Trent's name and assuming that How To Destroy Angels was the name of a new NIN album rather than a totally seperate band that Trent is also in.
    It appears to be that way, which is a shame because it completely disregards the work of the likes of Atticus Ross who has really shaped Reznor's electronic direction of recent years. It could be argued that the OST to The Social Network was mostly down to Ross, yet got overlooked due to Trent's involvement; no fault of his own, it must be added. And that soundtrack was a great article of music too.

Kess73 wrote: »

There will be a NIN tour later in the year, and in to 2014. That's why I started this thread, and that's what Adrian has been recruited for. The dates haven't been announced yet, but they will be. The only confusion is about the immediately upcoming tour, the one with the announced dates, and that's due to what I read behind the Examiner link I posted. I thought it was NIN, but it's not, and I get it now. I've amended the thread title accordingly. Blame the Examiner for calling the announced tour a NIN tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

242644.png

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Ah ok, that explains it then. That's good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Ah that's mighty, good news, I thought NIN put on a good show the time I seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If they come here i can see it being a Vicar Street/Olympia show, i don't think MCD would feel confident of them selling out The Point

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Fieldog wrote: »
    Hope they get back here, NIN was quite possibly the best live gig I have ever layed eyes on......

:)

I'd like to back that statement up 100%.

NIN website is now updated with a teaser graphic, linked to the announcement on Pitchfork.

Announced for a German fest today in August!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

scudzilla wrote: »
    If they come here i can see it being a Vicar Street/Olympia show, i don't think MCD would feel confident of them selling out The Point

Oddly enough I think they could do well in the o2 especially as Rammstein sold the place out. Both faily niche bands, though admittidly Rammsteins rep preceeds them.

Vicar street/Olympia may be too small. Maybe the scaled down version of the o2 could work.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭slave2thewage

They're doing Reading/Leeds, apparently it will be announced later today. Rumours are flying around in the fandom about Oxegen, but I doubt it. European solo shows should be in spring 2014 so I'm hoping for two nights at the Olympia.

Should be hitting up a show or two in the US this year anyway :D.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They're doing Reading/Leeds, apparently it will be announced later today. Rumours are flying around in the fandom about Oxegen, but I doubt it. European solo shows should be in spring 2014 so I'm hoping for two nights at the Olympia.

Should be hitting up a show or two in the US this year anyway :D.

Yea cant see them doing Oxegen again . Wonder will they do 2nd stage headliner at Reading/Leeds or subbing again?

The leak on Twitter implies that they're second on the bill, going on before Biffy Clyro. Whoever made that decision should be slapped in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

The leak on Twitter implies that they're second on the bill, going on before Biffy Clyro. Whoever made that decision should be slapped in the face.

Yep, that's correct in the poster on the NIN fb page....

Hope they can make it over to Dublin for a show...will be interesting to see what the re-invented show is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I think Trent should've brought Robin Finck back in to the fold for the upcoming tour

Confirmed for Pukkelpop in Belgium by both band and the event, while Rock en Seine in Paris has confirmed NIN as a headliner on 24th August.

Bought my Rock en Seine dayticket a few hours ago :).

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think Trent should've brought Robin Finck back in to the fold for the upcoming tour
    Bingo!
    Eric Avery's departure was announced a few days ago, and now Finck is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Finck on the bass? :confused: Bit of a waste of his talents imo, why not just bring Justin Mental Johnson back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

RVD420 wrote: »
    Finck on the bass? :confused: Bit of a waste of his talents imo, why not just bring Justin Mental Johnson back...

Screw that, bring Lohner back.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Great to see Robin Finck back in the band, is he confirmed as the bass player (what a waste if he is),

In my opinion, Robin Finck is more suited towards Nine Inch Nails than Guns N' Roses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

He may be just playing bass now but surely he'll have a bigger role after the tour?

Advertisement