Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nine Inch Nails Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Got my Manchester ticket.

:D:D:D:D

Cannot. Wait.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

really tempted for the manc gig :rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

A V A wrote: »
    really tempted for the manc gig :rolleyes::mad:
    Seems Manchester standing is sold out a bank hol weekend an all, Nottingham on the Sat seems to be all seated perhaps Cardiff or London so or somewhere in mainland Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Nine Inch Nails Tension 2013, a concert film at Staples Center, Los Angeles on November 8, 2013.:eek:

i dont like the live version of copy of a they did there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Hey guys, I've searched the forum and this seems like the default NIN thread so sorry for going slightly off topic.

I want to get my teeth into the band properly as I've never really listened to them as such, can anyone recommend which album I should listen to first?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hey guys, I've searched the forum and this seems like the default NIN thread so sorry for going slightly off topic.

I want to get my teeth into the band properly as I've never really listened to them as such, can anyone recommend which album I should listen to first?

Welcome to the NIN thread :D and to answer your question in regards to which NIN albums to start with And All That Could Have Been it's a live album from 2000 and if that gets you hooked go & buy or download Pretty Hate Machine and go from there

Thanks a million Lithium.

Any time I've listened to them I've loved them but just seemed to keep putting them on the long finger to my eternal shame.

i started with pretty hate machine as an album after the odd song here and there , to me all the album are different but stil the same

Thanks a million Lithium.

Any time I've listened to them I've loved them but just seemed to keep putting them on the long finger to my eternal shame.

sure just go onto spoitfy and have a stream of his albums :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

they have a kind of greatest hits for streaming on the website http://nin.com/music/

As already said, each album is different in tone and can be appreciated fully by listening from start to finish but the tracks featured there are the big hook-laden ones so if you like them then dive into Pretty Hate Machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Gave Pretty Hate Machine a listen earlier today, enjoyed it I have to say!

I normally get to listen to most of my music on the drive to work so I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I started with The Fragile and I think it covers all angles of the NIN spectrum quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

I want to get my teeth into the band properly

Might I suggest listening to With Teeth, then? ;)

I'd suggest The Fragile as well. It's long, but worth it. Maybe listen to disc 1 then wait a few hours before going onto disc 2.

For the record I love With Teeth, but the first half is a bit meh. Second half though, incredible.

Also the last 4 gigs of the European tour were cancelled, along with Thailand, so that they can play some festival in the US instead. Bull****.

Might I suggest listening to With Teeth, then? ;)

I'd suggest The Fragile as well. It's long, but worth it. Maybe listen to disc 1 then wait a few hours before going onto disc 2.

For the record I love With Teeth, but the first half is a bit meh. Second half though, incredible.

Also the last 4 gigs of the European tour were cancelled, along with Thailand, so that they can play some festival in the US instead. Bull****.

they werent playing ireland tho on those last four where they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

they werent playing ireland tho on those last four where they?

Nah, I dont think Ireland was considered on this tour.

Delighted to see they are scheduled for Primavera in Barcelona this May!

Trent has been quite busy. There are some new things coming up for the fast approaching 2014 tour, along with some news on soundtrack work and further thoughts on the Grammys. This is well with worth the read and/or listen, troops

http://www.3news.co.nz/Trent-Reznor-on-40-unreleased-demos-NZ-tour-Gone-Girl-Grammys/tabid/418/articleID/332710/Default.aspx

Trent gave this as part of his answer when asked if he had any other projects waiting to get done
    Really what it's come down to is with all the other stuff going on, the Fragile thing in particular, I want to make sure I get it right. You know, we've mixed everything in surround, it sounds amazing, we have a great package ready to go. I just stumbled across 40-or-so demos that are from that era that didn't turn into songs.

Fragile re-release?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Fragile re-release?

That's been in the works for years. Thought it was dead.

• Advertisement

20 years ago today this was made

nin-downward-spiral-650.jpg

and what a fcuking inspiration

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

27th of May in Amsterdam is tempting, fairly sure i'll be living there at the time. One of the best live acts i've seen, been lucky enough to see them headline the second stage at Oxegen and support the Foos some years back, blew me away both times. Would love to catch the tension tour, it looks like some spectacle and their live shows are already a force :eek:

20 years ago today this was made

nin-downward-spiral-650.jpg

and what a fcuking inspiration

So should we expect another remixed or remastered edition?
    This time in the name of anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Was listening to this and Broken a lot over the last few weeks. It's amazing that for record recorded in 1992, Broken sounds as good as anything released now. Downward Spiral and the Quake soundtrack conjure a really distinctive atmosphere, I could go on about the paucity of quality music nowadays but will just say that these albums are great.

PRO SHOT NINE INCH NAILS LOLLAPALOOZA BRAZIL + ARGENTINA SHOWS

NIN LOLLAPALOOZA BRAZIL

NIN LOLLAPALOOZA ARGENTINA

More pro shot NIN, this time a furious version of their 1994 track, March Of The Pigs

New Trent Reznor interview, NIN European tour kicks off on the 6th of this month in Latvia, before landing in the U.K on May 18th.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/trent-reznor-the-nine-inch-nails-rocker-talks-addiction-scoring-david-fincher-films-and-his-david-bowie-epiphany-9314092.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ya so they kicked off the U.K. leg of the tour last night in Birmingham, anyone else takin in one of these shows? Goin on Saturday meself sets seem to be different most nights also the amount of songs played seems to vary from 19-23.

Nine Inch Nails Setlist at LG Arena, Birmingham, England, May 18th

Me, I'm Not
    Copy of A
    The Beginning of the End
    March of the Pigs
    Piggy
    Survivalism
    Gave Up
    Sanctified
    Closer
    The Warning