Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nine Inch Nails Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Roll on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

It'd be nice to see more picks from With Teeth other than the singles. I know he fits the melody for sunspots in there somewhere but that doesn't really count! Something like You Know What You Are?, Love Is Not Enough or The Line Begins to Blur would probably fit in well somewhere. TLBTB get's played once a year, and I know Beside You In Time has made a reappearance at one or two shows, but it'd be cool to bring back more into normal rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Numina wrote: »
    It'd be nice to see more picks from With Teeth other than the singles. I know he fits the melody for sunspots in there somewhere but that doesn't really count! Something like You Know What You Are?, Love Is Not Enough or The Line Begins to Blur would probably fit in well somewhere. TLBTB get's played once a year, and I know Beside You In Time has made a reappearance at one or two shows, but it'd be cool to bring back more into normal rotation.

Ya me too the likes of The Collector and Getting smaller would be too much for me to ask I think I know what you're saying about the singles but even Every Day... hasn't been played since 06. I'd also like some tracks off The Fragile, The Big Come Down was on the setlist for Cardiff but was never played would love them to bash it out at the Nottingham gig!

Just got back from the Manchester gig...absolutely amazing show!

The visuals were superb too. I found it funny during 'Hurt' when a rowdy Manc behind me destroyed the emotion and cut through the silent crowd with ''EY! KEV! YER B*ST*RD! FANCY GON' T'PRINTWORKS AFTER FOR T'PINT?''

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Nine Inch Nails Setlist at Phones 4u Arena, Manchester, England

The Downward Spiral / The New Flesh
    Me, I'm Not
    Copy of A
    Letting You
    March of the Pigs
    Piggy
    Survivalism
    Gave Up
    Sanctified
    Closer
    Find My Way
    Disappointed
    Came Back Haunted
    The Great Destroyer
    Eraser
    Wish
    The Hand That Feeds
    Head Like a Hole
    The Day the World Went Away
    Hurt

Really wish Trent would bring NIN to Ireland for a show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Nine Inch Nails Setlist at Phones 4u Arena, Manchester, England
    The Downward Spiral / The New Flesh

Now that's awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Indeed.
    There is a more than adequate market/audience so I can't for the life of me figure out why they don't grace our shores.

All I can think is that getting them here is the job of a promoter and that no Irish promoter is clued in about the band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Mr.S wrote: »
    A Dublin 02 date was meant to happen, but fell through for whatever reason. Logistics I believe.

Weirdly, a few years ago, they were announced as support to the Foo-Fighters in Marlay park. They were then said to have cancelled / pulled from the bill, only to end up actually playing it.

Bizzare. I reckon they got fed up with dealing with MCD.

But you are right, promoters here are clueless. MCD referred to them as "The Nine Inch Nails" for that particular gig :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

keith16 wrote: »
    Weirdly, a few years ago, they were announced as support to the Foo-Fighters in Marlay park. They were then said to have cancelled / pulled from the bill, only to end up actually playing it.

Bizzare. I reckon they got fed up with dealing with MCD.

But you are right, promoters here are clueless. MCD referred to them as "The Nine Inch Nails" for that particular gig :rolleyes:

Yes I remember that! Great gig in the end

• Advertisement

Just got back from the Manchester gig...absolutely amazing show!

The visuals were superb too. I found it funny during 'Hurt' when a rowdy Manc behind me destroyed the emotion and cut through the silent crowd with ''EY! KEV! YER B*ST*RD! FANCY GON' T'PRINTWORKS AFTER FOR T'PINT?''

Was at the Nottingham gig meself was savage, opened up with Somewhat Damaged played a very interesting set surprised they played more stuff off Year Zero than the new album, deadly the way nearly everyone that went to different shows got a different set an all. Whole show was superb was right up top feckin' sweatin by the end of it!! That fúckery you speak of during Hurt similar happened at last years gig in Belfast but thankfully it didnt happen in Nottingham.

Indeed.
    There is a more than adequate market/audience so I can't for the life of me figure out why they don't grace our shores.

All I can think is that getting them here is the job of a promoter and that no Irish promoter is clued in about the band.

They played here last year!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

They played here last year!

sorry but they played northern Ireland

A V A wrote: »
    sorry but they played northern Ireland

I know which is these shores/Ireland yea?

Suggestion to change the thread title from Nine Inch Nails 2013-4 Tour TBC to Nine Inch Nails Discussion Thread

I know which is these shores/Ireland yea?

u wot m8

u wot m8

You shouldn't be too bothered u went to the Belfast gig, I was just quoting others who expected/wanted maybe a gig in Dublin. I'm a massive fan and to be honest as much as I'd like them to appear on this island a bit more be it Belfast/Dublin or wherever (same thing), I'm not sure they'd pack out the O2 which is certainly what they needed on this tour.

You shouldn't be too bothered u went to the Belfast gig, I was just quoting others who expected/wanted maybe a gig in Dublin. I'm a massive fan and to be honest as much as I'd like them to appear on this island a bit more be it Belfast/Dublin or wherever (same thing), I'm not sure they'd pack out the O2 which is certainly what they needed on this tour.

i am bothered when people insist on saying they played Ireland last year. they didn't! They played Belfast in Northern Ireland. yes the same island but not the sae country.

they could have played an outside gig like in the gardens or forbidden fruit

i am bothered when people insist on saying they played Ireland last year. they didn't! They played Belfast in Northern Ireland. yes the same island but not the sae country.

they could have played an outside gig like in the gardens or forbidden fruit

I'd be the opposite so obviously put it this way I'd like to know whats wrong with going to another country to see a gig so?, especially in a city like Belfast which is so easily accessible being on the same Island like ya say :). I will point out I'm from Tipp by the way where top rock and metal acts tour so regularly :D:D

12 things only Nine Inch Nails fans will understand

http://whatculture.com/music/12-things-nine-inch-nails-fans-understand.php

• Advertisement

the new Alessandro Cortini album Sono, fcukin brilliant

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sonno/id898370361

Just seen on the official NIN Facebook, they have posted the Woodstock 1994 performance in full about two weeks ago!

:D

Nine Inch Nails have been nominated for induction into the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame.

Nine Inch Nails have been nominated for induction into the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame.

That thing is a joke, even still with controversy of the particular band members who were accepted in recent years (Kiss,GnR). Trent is the only one eligible here making it easy for them :D:D

That thing is a joke, even still with controversy of the particular band members who were accepted in recent years (Kiss,GnR). Trent is the only one eligible here making it easy for them :D:D

I've heard people dub it the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Shame, at least with NIN they know there won't be any fuss as Trent Is Nine Inch Nails, if he does get inducted it'll be 1 hell of a short induction speech, who else is eligible this year?

who else is eligible this year?

I'd say NIN are prob gonna get in looking at the list actually also say Joan Jett is likely;

Full list:

Nine Inch Nails
    War
    N.W.A.
    Bill Withers
    Joan Jett and the Black Hearts
    The Smiths
    Sting
    The Spinners
    Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
    Kraftwerk
    The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
    Chic
    Green Day
    Lou Reed
    The Marvelettes

Again list kinda baffling really for obvious reasons the usual artist not even resembling a Rock N' Roll act, The Smiths should probably be in there yonks ago but will prob miss out again. Sting is already inducted with the Police etc. etc.

I noticed Lou Reed on the list, it's a shame he actually had to die before being even considered for induction, I'd say NIN, Lou Reed, Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, Joan Jett, Green Day will be inducted next year.

Bumping this, because Trent tweeted this last night

https://twitter.com/trent_reznor/status/677954305752625152

8 months since this was last posted in, so bumping it as there appears to be something in the works..

From the Nine Inch Nails sub reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/4vxwcv/spoiler_next_single/

Consequences Of Sound running with it as well

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/08/nine-inch-nails-appear-set-to-release-new-single-in-september/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 carlo5

Reznor just denied it http://www.nme.com/news/nine-inch-nails/95445

But I bet some single of sorts is coming out before November...

Advertisement