Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Recommendations

• 25-02-2013 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭

So I want to get my first tattoo done and since I have zero experience thought I would get some recommendations here.

I want to get the below nerdy symbol on my inner forearm, preferably as large as possible without wrapping too far towards the outside of the forearm. It is not complicated so I assume it would be an easy job for anyone in Dublin to perform? However I want it done as precisely close to the below image as possible so would anyone have a specific shop/artist they could recommend for this?

Price is not an issue and anywhere in Dublin is fine. I donate blood regularly so getting this done will disqualify me for 6 or so months so would ideally like to get it done as close as possible after my next donation so I can get back into the eligible cycle as quickly as possible. Is there a specific number of days I should wait after giving a donation before getting a tattoo or is no wait necessary?

http://images.wikia.com/whitewolf/images/6/68/LogoTribeFianna.png

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer this noob. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Any of the staple Dublin studios would be up for the job. Wildcat, Snakebite, Spilled Ink.

I wouldn't have any idea about the length of time after donating. So I'll let someone more knowledgable on the matter chime in.

I've always wanted to start donating blood myself, but I haven't gone 6 months without getting tattooed in the last 3 years. I assume the reasoning behind the wait is something to do with HIV or hep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The wait time for giving blood is 4 months not 6 months.

I'm not sure about wait time after giving blood, I think I waited about 2 weeks after giving blood last time but I've always been grand after giving and never bleed that much during a tattoo.

I'd say wait a month to be on the safe side. Sure it's still less then you thought originally :)

I can't see the picture in work so I can't recommend artists at the moment but from what you've said Adiboo is right.

Advertisement