Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas in north Dublin buying?

Options
  • 25-02-2013 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Thinking in future upgrading to a 3 bed my Mam may be coming to live with us in a few months and would be in best interest to move as our place is a bit pokey and no storage at all.
    I am looking in areas D3,5 and 9 (staying around our area) as I'm not a Dub and moving house is such a big decision just wondering can anyone give me advice on areas I know Clontarf, Killester, Mario/Fairview quite nice (but bit dear too). Really looking for a safe, settled area my mother is quite elderly so I want somewhere that is relatively no anti social behaviour (i know lot to ask) but willing to pay a bit extra on a house to get a nice area, the house itself can always be modernised but you cant change an area sometimes. If anyone knows of nice areas/streets around the Artane, Whitehall, Drumcondra areas would be grateful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its all good and settled around there, i would recommend edenmore. i am from there and nowadays its very quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jojobeans

The wadelai area in glasnevin is very quiet, im here just over a year and have had no complaints about the area also theres always houses up for sale too, im not sure how much they go for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Thanks guys What are areas like for public transport, shops etc ? Lived in a place once where one bus only came every hour nightmare :(

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jojobeans

Theres two sets of shops in the wadelai area theres a pub matt weldons, chipper, chinese, barbers, eurospar,centra,cafe and bookies.

On the other theres a pub the autobahn, mace/post office,chipper,hairdressers,maxol garage, cab office so your pretty much sorted for everything.

Bus routes are 11,9,13,4 you can get all at the dcu stop across from matt weldons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

edenmore is a ten minute walk from raheny dart station, the 27a bus goes through it as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement