Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oh to run a marathon she said

Options
  • 25-02-2013 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

This log is for me to keep my motivation which i find fails me at times and then i get the guilt!!

Started running this time last year, did one 5k and two 10k's. very proud of completing them.
    stopped running in September but got back on the saddle in Jan. i have found it very tough! did the 4k urban trails in Marlay Park there on sat. the weather was awful but i completed it in just over 27 mins and was really happy with it.

need to get beyond just running 5k's when training. i get a serious mental block!!!

the aim is to do the DCM coming in at the 4hr mark. i've plenty of runs ahead of me yet!!!

i'm hoping that this log will help me stick with it!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cnlbel

went for run after work yest-was seriously tough on the shins. need to just keep with it until the shin pain evaporates :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Good luck with your plan. I'm about a year behind you - just started running a couple of months ago and hoping to do DCM next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

I know the feeling, I seem to do 5k/7k training on average, really need to up it more often, well done.

well my left calf feels like it might explode at any given moment. a night off from the running me thinks-tlc for the legs!

so i've decided to do a half marathon in Clare at the end of may. started the training program for it yesterday. 2miles at a slow pace. my phone told me i did 4.5 miles in 10 mins........this has made me think that i should invest in a proper running watch. interval training this evening which i'm looking forward to!

• Advertisement

since i last wrote, i have done run a muck and also 8.5k in St. Anne's park. Runamuck was more for the craic-there was very little running-more falling around in muck! St. Anne's park was really tough and my time was pretty awful. not too sure if i will be able to do the half marathon at this stage-if i do it will take me about 6 hours :(
    3 weeks into training and it doesnt seem to get easier-that said i clearly am improving-a month ago i would never have been able to run 8.5km without walking at least one km.

normally do my long runs on sat but due to commitments i will be needing to do mine now tomorrow evening-i have never done a long run after work-i see it being a serious struggle :(

Advertisement