Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking AuPair abroad

Options
  • 25-02-2013 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi this is my first ever post so please forgive me if I'm a little unsure. I am trying to figure out if anyone has had the experience of taking their AuPair abroad with them when they've emigrated. My husband and I and 3 kids are emigrating to Canada at the beginning of May 2013. We have a fantastic Spanish aupair who has been with us for almost a year and is now part of the family. She wants to come to Canada, we want her to come to Canada but we have been told that immigration on entry into Canada will most likely put her on the first plane home, as they will perceive us to be her employers. Anyone got any advice how to get round this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

dont think the 4x4 forum is what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ellamama

Thanks for that Eric - but I'm afraid I can't figure out how to correct it. Nor how I ended up in there in the first place :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Moved to what I hope is the appropriate forum!

Advertisement