Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculously high gas bills for one person - how can I get them checked?

Options
  • 25-02-2013 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hello there

After switching to you guys for Gas and Electricity both, my last two bills have been up in the €300 mark - well over the €60 or €70 I used to pay when there were two people living in the house!

The boiler may have to be serviced but I don't understand how the bills can be so high. They're not estimated.

Questions:

Do Electric Ireland offer a boiler servicing service and if so, how do I apply?
    If it's found the boiler is faulty, how do I get the gas bills revised?

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Darragh,

We do indeed provide a gas boiler service. At present, this costs €79 (RRP €99), payment of which, would be required in full beforehand.

I can arrange a telephone call to you by one of our Home Services team if you wish - just private message me your contact telephone number. They (and I) are here until 6pm.

It is not possible to have bills revised on the basis of an internal fault, because the consumption is still correct. We can still set up a payment plan though. We would also suggest comparing the reading on your last bill to the reading on the gas meter.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭darraghdoyle

Hey Una
    Just so you know, you can mark this as successfully resolved - sorry it took so long to come back to you! Ordered it over the phone.

Cheers and thanks

Darragh

Advertisement