Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tall Clothing For Women 5ft11 +

• 25-02-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Ladies

i really need your help.
    i am 5ft 11 , size 18, inseam leg 35" and i cant get jeans to fit me :(
    i used to shop in new look and dorothy perkins a lot ; but they have discontinued their "tall" range in store & online.
    i am currently buying my jeans in Next; they are 34" inseam but still too short!!!! i need 36"
    Just wondering if you may be albe to advise where is best, & affordable to buy online ? LTS are €70 a pair of jeans! thats just crazy money! PLEEEAASSEEEE HELP ME :) haha

thanks a mill ladies :)

Nic x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 n1colad

Hi Ladies

i really need your help.
    i used to shop in new look and dorothy perkins a lot ; but they have discontinued their "tall" range in store & online.
    i am currently buying my jeans in Next; they are 34" inseam but still too short!!!! i need 36"
    Just wondering if you may be albe to advise where is best, & affordable to buy online ? LTS are €70 a pair of jeans! thats just crazy money! PLEEEAASSEEEE HELP ME haha :)

Nic x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Unfortunately I can't think of anywhere mainstream that does 36" leg. Keep on eye on Long Tall Sally for sales, their jeans are expensive but so worth it as they're tailored to taller people rather than just sticking a few inches on the end of normal jeans.

LizT wrote: »
    Unfortunately I can't think of anywhere mainstream that does 36" leg. Keep on eye on Long Tall Sally for sales, their jeans are expensive but so worth it as they're tailored to taller people rather than just sticking a few inches on the end of normal jeans.

thanks Liz :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

n1colad wrote: »
    Hi Ladies

i really need your help.
    Just wondering if you may be albe to advise where is best, & affordable to buy online ? LTS are €70 a pair of jeans! thats just crazy money! PLEEEAASSEEEE HELP ME :) haha

Nic x

Hi Nic,

Give Simply be a look, they are great for tall size 14+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

not cheap or anything but what about Topshop tall?
    I have jeans from that range and they are super long, I'm 5'10 and they're a bit too long. I think the leg is 36 not sure but you could check on the website.

• Advertisement

not cheap or anything but what about Topshop tall?
    I have jeans from that range and they are super long, I'm 5'10 and they're a bit too long. I think the leg is 36 not sure but you could check on the website.

They only do up to size 14... I'm 18 :( maybe one day ill fit into them haha! :)
    Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

oh no I didn't realise that , that's stupid of them, especially cos taller people are generally bigger sizes than smaller people anyway, hope somebody else has some suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leanonme

I am 23 6ft 2, need a 36in leg and size 18 to 20, I find I do all my shopping on line cause there are no other options in Ireland.

Dorothy Perking are so hit and miss, its like three times a year they up grade there stock, and the rest of the year there is five items on line. SO the few times they have good stock I spend a lot of money.

long tall sally I find is good for dresses for occasions, or work suits, PJ's and the odd other items, but mostly there fashion is too old for me.

The other place I shop online is tallgirl.co.uk there website is a pain, but other than that they often have a good section of cloths, esp sports cloths, jeans, tights etc.

Shoes are difficult for me to get also, so usually I get them off one of the above sites, or Evans.

Usually can buy tunic tops from them too, and Dorothy perkins and does for normal tops.

What leg length does marks and Spencers have?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Check out the LTS sale section, it's near the end now, but they generally have very good reductions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

I was going to say LTS - they do have nice stuff there.
    Otherwise, Tommy Hilfiger do at least 34" lengths, and they're lovely and long.
    Also, Only jeans are long. I got a pair of 34" length ones, and they're so long that I either have to wear heels with them or turn them up. Got mine on Amazon UK. They weren't mad expensive either.
    I'm 5' 10 1/2, so about the same height as yourself. :)

• Advertisement

grarf wrote: »
    I was going to say LTS - they do have nice stuff there.
    Otherwise, Tommy Hilfiger do at least 34" lengths, and they're lovely and long.
    Also, Only jeans are long. I got a pair of 34" length ones, and they're so long that I either have to wear heels with them or turn them up. Got mine on Amazon UK. They weren't mad expensive either.
    I'm 5' 10 1/2, so about the same height as yourself. :)

Oh brill ill try that thanks a mill :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Hi

Slight thread hijack, but it is related, I swear!

I have the not-quite-opposite problem - also about 5' 11" and 12-14 but I have average length legs and a really, really long torso.

Most tops / shirts / jumpers are way too short and end several inches above the top of my trousers, very frustrating! (and cold).

Any suggestions for shops which tend to have a long cut to their tops? In particular work shirts.

Thanks for any ideas, and apologies for thread hijack :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

M+S' longest leg is 33 in afaik

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I've gotten 36 inch leg jeans in Levis
    M+S' longest leg is 33 in afaik

What I do if I get trousers that are like that is have the hem let down and get a false hem put on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Gap Sexy Boot jeans have a 37" inseam in long leg as they are cut for wearing with heels - might be worth a try?

(to put it in perspective, I wear a short leg in these with heels and I'm 5'6")

leanonme wrote: »
    I am 23 6ft 2, need a 36in leg and size 18 to 20, I find I do all my shopping on line cause there are no other options in Ireland.

Dorothy Perking are so hit and miss, its like three times a year they up grade there stock, and the rest of the year there is five items on line. SO the few times they have good stock I spend a lot of money.

long tall sally I find is good for dresses for occasions, or work suits, PJ's and the odd other items, but mostly there fashion is too old for me.

The other place I shop online is tallgirl.co.uk there website is a pain, but other than that they often have a good section of cloths, esp sports cloths, jeans, tights etc.

Shoes are difficult for me to get also, so usually I get them off one of the above sites, or Evans.

Usually can buy tunic tops from them too, and Dorothy perkins and does for normal tops.

What leg length does marks and Spencers have?

Sometimes I wish I was a fashion designer I'd Cater for tall ladies! It depresses me that I can't just walk into a shop and buy something straight away :(

Thanks for the advice ill check out those sites ASAP!

Gap Sexy Boot jeans have a 37" inseam in long leg as they are cut for wearing with heels - might be worth a try?

(to put it in perspective, I wear a short leg in these with heels and I'm 5'6")

Cool! Ill check those out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Moocifer

Managed to get a pair of Tommy Hillfiger jeans with a 36 leg in Kildare village. I know their expensive but I find it so hard to get jeans that fit that I keep an eye out for them on their sales. Ben Sherman's women's range can be bought in a 35 inch leg.

I've a really small waist and it's virtually impossible to get jeans with my waist size and a very long leg.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Gap 'long' is 35'' and 'tall' is 37''. Many of their styles online are available in the longer lengths (gap.eu). Delivery is 4 pounds and if you order before noon I've always received them the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@n1colad - I've merged all your posts into one thread. One thread at a time on any given topic please.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭ciaracp

I know youve mentioned that you dont like buying online but I get all my bottoms from topshop-36" and I have to say they're great! It used to work out cheaper too if you got a few things at once...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭savvyav

StudentC wrote: »
    Hi

Slight thread hijack, but it is related, I swear!

I have the not-quite-opposite problem - also about 5' 11" and 12-14 but I have average length legs and a really, really long torso.

Most tops / shirts / jumpers are way too short and end several inches above the top of my trousers, very frustrating! (and cold).

Any suggestions for shops which tend to have a long cut to their tops? In particular work shirts.

Thanks for any ideas, and apologies for thread hijack :o

I have a similar problem, I'm a size 12-14, 5' 9" and a half with 33" legs but most tops are too short for me. My cheap and cheerful solution has been to buy cheap men's jumpers from Penneys. They're actually long enough and once you get the plain ones they don't look manly. They've kept me nice and warm this winter anyway! I have no solution for work shirts unfortunately, thankfully I work somewhere quite casual.

I'm very sad that the New Look Tall range is gone, it was great for short skirts and dresses that didn't look like belts on us tall girls!

Advertisement