Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old printers out with the old in with the new

Options
  • 25-02-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

I have two printers (one an inkjet the other a laser) my hubbie says throw them out as the cost of replacement ink is greater than the cost of going out and buying a new printer....???why is this the case and should i throw them out??? he goes out and comes back with a new one which costs roughly 65 euro every year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭frankmul

I think that new printers are supplied with ink cartridges that are not 100 % filled. Looked like a good idea but the ink will run out quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

It is the case cuz theirs eejits out there that buy it.

Don't buy original ink. Simples. Replacements for my Epson SX...whatever it is are €70. I can get some no name stuff from Asda for (at last time of buying) €14. And thats even with epson using special chips trying to stop you using no names. Refills probably cheaper.

No recession there.

6a014e5fad2aa4970c0154381548a0970c-800wi
    great_pacific_garbage.jpg

Thats where all your dumped printers end up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I've used inkjet.ie for years. refilled carts cheap as chips. Never had a problem with them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Orion wrote: »
    I've used inkjet.ie for years. refilled carts cheap as chips. Never had a problem with them.

+1 for Inkjet or JustMedia. Been using compatibles for years and even printed out my thesis on my Epson R360 with compatibles, came out perfect and also saved a small fortune :)

Nick

Advertisement