Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Air Fryer - 800g v 1200g

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

No, no stirring arm. All that's required is a shake or two during cooking.

I did pork chops in mine this evening and I have to say, they were the nicest chops I've ever had. Nearly all the fat had melted away but the meat was do moist. Yum yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Gwynston wrote: »
    A question on these air fryers:
    With a big load of chips (for 4 or 5 people) do they cook evenly?

I read somewhere that the Tefal one has a stirring arm inside which can make a mess, breaking up the content of a big load. Is this the case?

What about the Philips one? Does that have a stirring arm?

It's actually one of the Tefal ones I have, so I really shouldn't have commented above.

Yes, the Tefal one has a stirring arm for moving what's inside around. I've only used it for chips so far, but I haven't had much of a problem with it breaking up the spuds, and if it does that just means there's little crispy bits. It did start to break up some croquettes, but they're just mash so I wasn't really surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

unkel wrote: »
    Bought mine yesterday and I've used it nearly 10 times already :D

It's only the 0.8kg one, I knew it was going to be small, but the bigger one is very expensive. 0.8kg of chips is good for 3 adult portions (2 for big eaters)

The smaller one is on special in Argos at the moment for €115

Brilliant piece of equipment!

Yes it does! I made the chorizo empanadas from the recipe book that come with it, and they were nice :cool:

It's back up to €210 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Stato

FYI, 800g Philips Air Fryer currently £99.99stg on Amazon, normally £200stg!

Advertisement