Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vancouver Jobs

Options
  • 25-02-2013 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Just wondering are people going to head to Vanc this summer with jobs lined up or hopefully find one when they get there?

I've been emailing tonnes of places and don't even get replies which is rather disappointing. Combined 6 years experience in both bar and retail work so my CV is fairly good.

Any suggestions where to try? Tried bars, golf places, supermarkets... just don't know where bets to look.

Would appreciate any help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Keano! wrote: »
    Just wondering are people going to head to Vanc this summer with jobs lined up or hopefully find one when they get there?

I've been emailing tonnes of places and don't even get replies which is rather disappointing. Combined 6 years experience in both bar and retail work so my CV is fairly good.

Any suggestions where to try? Tried bars, golf places, supermarkets... just don't know where bets to look.

Would appreciate any help! :)

I've just been checking on Criagslist but not applying for nothing till I get out their. You will get something alot quicker if your in the country but theirs no harm in trying to secure leads before you go out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 todrapids

Heading to Vancouver area as well. Cant fecking wait!

Nothing sorted yet, trying to get through 4th year right now.

Booking flights on Monday, flying out 25th ish May. You guys look at accommodation? Heard UBC frat houses are well priced and good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Yeah i'm away in the morning :D got a Condo (apartment) sorted already in north Vancouver

their does seem to be work but it depends on what your looking for :D

Advertisement