Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borland C++ compiler

Options
  • 25-02-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Small enough problem really. More of a nuisance than anything. Everytime I run the compiler I get a permissions message from my lenovo security suite. I want to be able to compile without saying yes everytime. Can I set my laptop so it does not ask for permission when compiling with Borland.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Small enough problem really. More of a nuisance than anything. Everytime I run the compiler I get a permissions message from my lenovo security suite. I want to be able to compile without saying yes everytime. Can I set my laptop so it does not ask for permission when compiling with Borland.
    Thanks in advance

Does the Lenovo security suite have an "exclusions" listing anywhere?

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Thanks in advance

Did you install it on the C: drive ?
    Or off a folder off the C:\Windows or C:\Program Files folders?

If possible install it on a D: drive.
    I try, as best as possible, to separate system files into a C: of around 30gb, and the rest to a D: drive for apps and data.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Did you install it on the C: drive ?
    Or off a folder off the C:\Windows or C:\Program Files folders?

If possible install it on a D: drive.
    I try, as best as possible, to separate system files into a C: of around 30gb, and the rest to a D: drive for apps and data.

My lenovo came pre-installed with the hard drive prepartitioned. Part D: holding the Lenovo suite, and Part C: the remainder of the hardrive.
    C: Drive has 530 of 653gb free
    D: Drive has 1.9Mb of 25.4Gb free ( yes you read that right)
    Last backup I made seem to have been written to the D: drive. However I can see no duplication of files/folders/architecture etc.

Advertisement