Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people upgrade

Options
  • 25-02-2013 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭

Still pretty new to all this, using Kanger T2, everything hunkydory. Not a gadget freak so as long as it's working I wouldn't see any need to change,

So why do people upgrade their stuff? What are the differences?

Also does anybody know if you can get some kind of carrier for the T2, the only downside is getting it in & out of my pocket

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

some of it is "ooh, shiny new toy. must have" that you get with any sort of hobby. look at the facial hair forum and see the lads talking about their hundred euro badger tipped shaving brushes or diamond encrusted razors.

but i think there's also something just missing from e-cigs. you don't get the same kind of satisfaction that you get from cigarettes, some lung destroying, cancer causing chemical is absent and people keep trying to chase the dragon by trying new devices, higher power, etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

shinyitis :D

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Nobody needs to upgrade. Some people, myself included, find it almost hobby like, in trying out different devices and juice delivery methods.

Whatever is working to keep you off the fags is all you'll ever need, but if you want a better vape , there are a lot of options out there. ;)

also for your second question

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/ecig-lanyard-p-152.html

?

some of it is "ooh, shiny new toy. must have" that you get with any sort of hobby. look at the facial hair forum and see the lads talking about their hundred euro badger tipped shaving brushes or diamond encrusted razors.

but i think there's also something just missing from e-cigs. you don't get the same kind of satisfaction that you get from cigarettes, some lung destroying, cancer causing chemical is absent and people keep trying to chase the dragon by trying new devices, higher power, etc etc.

It's silver tip badger hair, no diamonds just a few (dozen) cut throat razors. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

What constitutes a 'better vape'

ftv: flavour, throat hit and vapour production

It's silver tip badger hair, no diamonds just a few (dozen) cut throat razors. ;)

ive been pondering a DE razor for a while now and i'm 99% sure i saw a picture of a diamond encrusted razor handle on the forum :)

ive been pondering a DE razor for a while now and i'm 99% sure i saw a picture of a diamond encrusted razor handle on the forum :)

wouldn't surprise me. skip the de; straight is the end point for the ultimate shave and its not as difficult as most think. the silver tip is pure luxury but worth it really. 100 euro is the start point for a good brush you can spend allot more :eek:

wouldn't surprise me. skip the de; straight is the end point for the ultimate shave and its not as difficult as most think. the silver tip is pure luxury but worth it really. 100 euro is the start point for a good brush you can spend allot more :eek:

you're like those bastards who reccomend genesis atomisers to someone who's looking for a good starter ecig

• Advertisement

you're like those bastards who reccomend genesis atomisers to someone who's looking for a good starter ecig

Lmao:D

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

also for your second question

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/ecig-lanyard-p-152.html

?

There's a better version of this, but I can only find it on US sites. I've wanted one for a while, but all the Irish sites are sold out.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/accessories/30-joyetech-lanyard-for-ego-ego-t-ego-c.html

that link has them in every colour but black

don't be so racist

--edit

also that seems to only work with the ego-cylinder thing on the top

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i found a lot of the stuff like t2s and t3s work for a while but there's too many variables i wasn't in control of. my next upgrade will be a nice big capacity rebuildable that's well made and built to last. as much as i thought i'd be happy with off the shelf stuff at the start, i do get a kick out of building my own coils - sad as that may sound. i like the craft of it. :o

plus i definitely suffer from a little bit of shinyitis

[<magpie impression>] CAW CAW [<MAGPIE IMPRESSION>]

that link has them in every colour but black

DGwZPIC.jpg

I've been checking that link for WEEKS waiting for it to come back in stock, never thought to check the colour.

I know it's only for EGOs, but that's what I use and I think OP does too?

I'll be ordering one Wednesday and I'll throw a quick review in the review thread to say if it's any good, although I can hardly see how it'd be bad.

Anything else I should pick up for cheap from TBS while I'm getting stuff?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/rebuildable-atomizers/192-vh-genesis-atomizer.html

it was a joke guys; see digbys post about me telling newbies to buy genesis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Sitting in the Smoking Area and security come flying downstairs thinking there is a Bin on fire due to the plume of Vapor hanging over your head.

:) ...

DON'T buy the VH genesis if you are in it for the long run they deteriorate badly, and not in a good way - nasty tasting green sludge in the tank once the chrome starts to wear down just a little.

The AGA-S is a much better device for pittance more $ if you really want to go down that route. Its stainess steel so wont have the same sludging issues.

no i don't mean just for ego's i mean you have to have the cylinder thingie on top of the battery for it to work, which a lot of people don't bother with

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/rebuildable-atomizers/190-phoenix-rebuildable-atomizer.html is a decent little atomiser
    you'll need 1mm silica and kanthal which tbs has too

also if you haven't tried liqua juices grab one, they're quite nice

no i don't mean just for ego's i mean you have to have the cylinder thingie on top of the battery for it to work, which a lot of people don't bother with

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/rebuildable-atomizers/190-phoenix-rebuildable-atomizer.html is a decent little atomiser

Do you have some sort of agenda to get everyone dripping :D I'll pick a bottle of a liqua juice too, thanks.

As Heli pointed out, I'm looking for a see through tank. I'm only fiddling with this AGA-S and it's bugging me that I have no idea what's left in it. It's so heavy I can't tell by weight either.

EDIT: Wes, just seen your post, thanks for the input.

dripping is best! :)

• Advertisement

dripping is best! easy for amateurs to get a great vape :)

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

jamie72 wrote: »

There's a better version of this, but I can only find it on US sites. I've wanted one for a while, but all the Irish sites are sold out.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/accessories/30-joyetech-lanyard-for-ego-ego-t-ego-c.html
    Just get some velcro sticky tape, wrap it around your device and you can simply stick it to your jumper! ;-) Chicks love that s*ite!!!!

Digby, does the lanyard not just attach around this:
    VuZuHMi.png

That's what the pictures led me to believe.

jamie72 wrote: »
    Digby, does the lanyard not just attach around this:
    VuZuHMi.png

That's what the pictures led me to believe.

yes

yeah but it just slides on, and the cone is what keeps it from sliding back off

yeah but it just slides on, and the cone is what keeps it from sliding back off

I know what you mean now. I'm using T2s, so it's not an issue.

also that seems to only work with the ego-cylinder thing on the top

I'd go for the ring one TBH, any ego type device will keep it in place.

The leather ones are "ok" but I had an incident with a red leather one a leaky tank and a white shirt.

was.deevey wrote: »
    I'd go for the ring one TBH, any ego type device will keep it in place.

The leather ones are "ok" but I had an incident with a red leather one a leaky tank and a white shirt.

I don't want to look like I'm carrying some sort of weapon either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Basically I think every device out there is flawed in some way or other, so I tend to upgrade to try and find something that doesn't have the flaws I'm currently experiencing. I started with cartos, they were good, but they can have a funny taste and you have to keep topping them up but if you do it too much they flood, so I tried an iMist (it's like an ego-t), that was good but I started getting lots of dry hits, so I went back to cartos and used tanks with them which were good but could be a pain to fill and were inconsistent depending on the carto and how it was punched, so I went to an RDA which is great but leaks if you put it in your pocket, so back to cartos which then seemed really inconsistent, and so on. I've tried clearos a few times which always seem great at first but I always end up getting dry hits which make me put them down again.

And so on it goes searching for the closest thing to perfect I can get.
    Definitely try DE shaving if you can.

DE shaving is to cartridge (gillette etc) shaving what a clockworks RDA on a Provari is to trying to vape a carto by holding it over a fan heater.

• Advertisement

yeah I will eventually, just always saving for something or spending on something else.
    i hate shaving so much that I will need a good run of wanting nothing else before I can drop 50 on a kit

Advertisement