Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people upgrade

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Unless shaving is now an important aspect of vaping can we get back on topic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

In terms of buying new kit etc - I guess a theory could be lot of people have developed a shopping addiction (derived from going into shops every day buying cigarettes) - if you feel you have to buy something everyday for 10 or 20 years then I guess you'll feel there's something missing if yur not buying :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I wish that theory worked for me - I only ever bought tobacco thrice a year.

On my part it's definitely the search for convenience and power. The most battery life carrying the most juice that can give the most flavour and most hit (without making me dizzy) would just be...that would be the most...
    Not definite as to why shiny is such a big thing in vaping but that doesn't help most others' spending habits. Maybe because the majority of vapers are above 40 years old, so there's a generation gap that explains Caravela's and all those other gaudy... Masterpieces...
    Would also explain the strange pin-up shots people shoot of the shiny mods... Like this one:
    caravelamod14ffc7a1377b97.jpg
    Or the mod laying across a few pebbles in a Sepia tone, or surfacing from the sand like a stainless steel Ursula Andress... wanktacular.
    I'm expecting an undercurrent of vape bukkake to surface any day now. Ten high-end mods spewing their Genni-vape down the throat of some middle-aged+ man who doesn't realise they're taking advantage of him. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

:eek: Holy sh!t!!! I'm off to buy some smokes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

grindle wrote: »
    all of that up there

i love those kindsa photos :o was finger-trigging over starting a group on flickr when i found a few nice ones but pulled myself back from the verge. but then... if some 40 yr old loves his bit of metal so much that he takes the time and effort to lay it on the sand and take a sepia/insta-filter/NSFW photo of it i kinda feel like i'd like to give him an artistic cyber-back-pat. ya know??!

please don't call me sad :(

• Advertisement

artyeva wrote: »
    please don't call me sad :(

Ah, you're not sad. You're definitely a pervert, but not sad.

I don't mind photos of gear, it's just the po-faced anthropomorphising of the gear I don't like. Oh look, mine just finished reading a book, look at that!

txuYro1.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's a shame I already told people I got a 350mah mini ego

could have taken a picture of it beside my penis and told people it was a 1000mah

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

it's a shame I already told people I got a 350mah mini ego

could have taken a picture of it beside my penis and told people it was a 1000mah

Where's the mini for sale?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i got mine from vaporium.eu

think bargainvapour and vaperus have some too, but dunno if they're the same model/whatever as the one I got. don't know if that matters either.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

grindle wrote: »
    the majority of vapers are above 40 years old

caravelamod14ffc7a1377b97.jpg
    Or the mod laying across a few pebbles in a Sepia tone, or surfacing from the sand like a stainless steel Ursula Andress... wanktacular

How very fúcking dare you!

I do like an occassional sepia tone though.

• Advertisement

csi vegas wrote: »
    How very fúcking dare you!

I do like an occassional sepia tone though.

The majority are auld? That sound better? Auld wans and auld fellas?

Do you like that sepia tone on such occasions as when your ear-hair is flowing in the wind as your wrinkles and varicose veins slowly creep past your toenails? Whilst drinking a glass of wine on the veranda in Lanzarote, perhaps?

:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I dunno why i constantly buy upgrades, probably magpie syndrome i guess.

I was always known for my compulsive shopping, so no ones really shocked that the postman is calling 3-5 time a week with items for me! ;)

Advertisement