Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile confusing/false advertising?

Options
  • 25-02-2013 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has the Friends & Family package (select unlimited). It's basically €35 per month. The plan is unlimited talk & text and 15GB of data. He got a bill of of €300 this month from going over on his data plan. He wanted to add an "unlimited data add-on" today when he rang to pay something off the bill, but was then told that the "Unlimited" add-on, costing €15 was only a 10GB limit. He and I spoke to a CC manager (Barry) who was absolutely useless and fell just short of blatantly lying over the phone. Instead of lying, he kept referring to the terms and conditions, which were irrelevant to many of the questions asked.

Can anyone tell me: Whats the difference (aside from price) between the select unlimited and the select smart unlimited plans?

Select unlimited is advertised as unlimited calls and texts with 15GB of data.

Select smart unlimited is advertised as unlimited calls, text and UNLIMITED data, BUT the limit is 15GB of data. Can anyone explain this? Barry flat out refused to.

On the price plan page, it does say the limit is 15GB on the "smart" plan, but it doesn't say it when you click into the iPhone unlimited plans. Even I was getting frustrated listening to the guy. My friend is unemployed and the bill is really high. It should only be €35 per month, but he got caught out by being told he had unlimited data on his plan. I have the same plan and my bill is always under €40, but I have access to wi-fi, so my data use is minimal. I think it's a great plan, but the data limit and how it's advertiised is criminal. The poor guy is really stressed about it.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

goz83 wrote: »
    A friend of mine has the Friends & Family package (select unlimited). It's basically €35 per month. The plan is unlimited talk & text and 15GB of data. He got a bill of of €300 this month from going over on his data plan. He wanted to add an "unlimited data add-on" today when he rang to pay something off the bill, but was then told that the "Unlimited" add-on, costing €15 was only a 10GB limit. He and I spoke to a CC manager (Barry) who was absolutely useless and fell just short of blatantly lying over the phone. Instead of lying, he kept referring to the terms and conditions, which were irrelevant to many of the questions asked.

Can anyone tell me: Whats the difference (aside from price) between the select unlimited and the select smart unlimited plans?

Select unlimited is advertised as unlimited calls and texts with 15GB of data.

Select smart unlimited is advertised as unlimited calls, text and UNLIMITED data, BUT the limit is 15GB of data. Can anyone explain this? Barry flat out refused to.

On the price plan page, it does say the limit is 15GB on the "smart" plan, but it doesn't say it when you click into the iPhone unlimited plans. Even I was getting frustrated listening to the guy. My friend is unemployed and the bill is really high. It should only be €35 per month, but he got caught out by being told he had unlimited data on his plan. I have the same plan and my bill is always under €40, but I have access to wi-fi, so my data use is minimal. I think it's a great plan, but the data limit and how it's advertiised is criminal. The poor guy is really stressed about it.
    Hi goz83,

I will be unable to assist you with your friends query but if he contacts me here I will be able look into his issue for him.

In regard to the difference between the Select Unlimited plan and the Select Smart Unlimited is the first plan is 18 months in length and the latter is 24 months in length. Both plans give an allowance of 15GB of data per month.

You can find this in the terms and conditions of the plan here: http://www.emobile.ie/terms/

I totally understand your friends frustration in regard to the high bill he received and my apologies he was not advised of the allowance.

If I receive his details I will be happy to help.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Hi goz83,

I will be unable to assist you with your friends query but if he contacts me here I will be able look into his issue for him.

In regard to the difference between the Select Unlimited plan and the Select Smart Unlimited is the first plan is 18 months in length and the latter is 24 months in length. Both plans give an allowance of 15GB of data per month.

You can find this in the terms and conditions of the plan here: http://www.emobile.ie/terms/

I totally understand your friends frustration in regard to the high bill he received and my apologies he was not advised of the allowance.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I noticed one plan is 12, or 18 months while the other is 24 months, but one plan says 15GB and the other plan says "unlimited", but essentially both plans offer the very same package, with the exception of contract length and potential cost of phone, which is very misleading and I used to work for Eircom and Meteor, so if i find it hard to follow, the average customer will certainly get confused. There is an "unlimed data add-on" available to purchase for just over €15 per month extra, but the "unlimited data" is actually only 10GB, so the definition and restrictions of what is unlimited data is definitely confusing. I will tell my friend to submit his details on here. I tried to call him just now, but his phone has been disconnected on your end it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 VincentVega80

Hi goz83,

Grainne
    hi grainne i am the friend goz83 was talking about please be in contact ASAP to discuss the issue in detail as my phone was cut off today leaving me in a difficult position

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

hi grainne i am the friend goz83 was talking about please be in contact ASAP to discuss the issue in detail as my phone was cut off today leaving me in a difficult position
    Hi VincentVega80,

I have received your details and I will get this investigated for you.

Grainne

Advertisement