Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-drinkers and Teetotals

• 25-02-2013 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I have a question:

I've been a teetotal my entire life, and I find it very difficult to meet new people my age (early 20s) outside of the context of pubs and drinking. I have no interest in pubs, clubs or house parties where everyone is pisht, and seeing as I've finished my full-time education days I find it almost impossible to meet new people.

Where can I find people my age outside of pubs, clubs, and college/university, in Limerick? =.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Sports can be great for meeting new people! I often see a 6-a-side soccer thread on this forum looking for players. Tag rugby is also a good one.

Any hobby that you may have, should be able to lead you to meet loads of like-minded people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ithiliendude

Those sound like good ideas, but I don't necessarily have the finances to join clubs or societies. Every time I've decided to join a club to meet new folk there's been some ghastly membership fee or pay-per-session fee that I can't afford. And yes, even sacrificing a tenner a week on a club is way too much money... thank unemployment =P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Check out volunteering. It should be free, unless you need equipment or clothing, depends on what you can or want to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Check out volunteering. It should be free, unless you need equipment or clothing, depends on what you can or want to do.

Great suggestion. Limerick Animal Welfare are always looking for volunteers to help out with anything from dog walking to helping around the sanctuary.

Some of the musical and theatre groups often look for volunteers also and there would be no cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ithiliendude

Beer Baron wrote: »

I volunteer in about 4 different projects already, and everyone else involved in the volunteer projects are either a) my subjects who are non-human or children/teenagers, or b) fellow volunteers who are at least twice my age.

Theatre groups sounds like a good idea... although, I know a lot of people who already do theatre and I don't necessarily get along with a few of them. Limerick is a tiny, tiny city and everyone knows everyone =P

• Advertisement
Advertisement