Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rant on......

Options
  • 25-02-2013 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Doing a job on as a contractor for the last 2 years and last week permanent positions within the company have come up.

Being the longest contractor there and the most highly trained, trained to a level that surpasses even some permanent staff, i beleived i had a good enough chance of getting one of the jobs.

There was about 20 people going for the '2' jobs that we were told were there. Eventually i had my interview, thought it went fairly well and like everyone else it lasted only about 5 minutes.

So during last week i was talking to people and heard that they had been asked to supply references whilst others had been told that the company was not proceeding with their application. It was around now that we had heard throught the grapevine that there was actually approval for 4 permanent roles to be filled.

Being the longest there and most experienced i thought that i had a good chance as did my colleagues and in fact my immediate team leader.

As you can imagine I got the phonecall i wasnt expecting. long story short i have found out on friday that there is in fact 6 vacancies. My job involves shift and I am now rightly peeved when i heard who was advanced. 2-3 of the 6 rightly deserved the jobs but am disappointed to not get a fair chance. the other 4 were a case of who you know and have not ever done nights or trained to the same level as me.

Tomorrow I have a feedback interview with HR as did all others who were unsuccessful and will ask what these candidates had over me. I must add that i enjoy working for this company and am not here to bad mouth them and am contracted to work their til april.

Anyone else have tips for this talk with HR, how to approach it and how to get my point across without coming across as sour grapes

Advertisement