Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA iv for laptop?

• 25-02-2013 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm buying a laptop as a present for someone tomorrow, but I need it to be able to run GTA iv. I'm on a budget too..... Minimum system requirements are;

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
    Memory: 1.5GB

Free Hard Drive Space: 16GB

Video Card: 256MB NVidia 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card.

I've been looking at some HP and Toshiba laptops but I'm not sure if they will run the game. I'm looking to spend about 400euro (500 max.)

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭andymurphy93

dont know much about computers in general but one thing i do know is you will more then likely need more then 16gb free space most pc games r getting bigger every year
    and with gtaiv coming out id expect it to be around the 20gb mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Flotus2 wrote: »
    I'm buying a laptop as a present for someone tomorrow, but I need it to be able to run GTA iv. I'm on a budget too..... Minimum system requirements are;

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
    Memory: 1.5GB

Free Hard Drive Space: 16GB

Video Card: 256MB NVidia 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card.

I've been looking at some HP and Toshiba laptops but I'm not sure if they will run the game. I'm looking to spend about 400euro (500 max.)

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

It will play it at the lowest settings at a low resolution. GTA 4 is a resource hog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Hate to break it to ya but those minimum specs are way too generous! The game will barely even run at decent frame rate. It is a poorly optimised PC resource vampire!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There is an entire forum dedicated to laptops here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=529

they should be able to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

I have a laptop to around those specs and the Game, could only play for about 20-30min before the laptop would cut out due to overheating,

so Laptop modle Dell Studio 1555, will not do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

I think you're trying the impossible there.

Those are minimum specs for a desktop, as another poster said, the game is notoriously heavy, my quad core desktop had problems with it.

Anyway here is the best forum for that
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Laptops usually aren't good for gaming. A lot of the time you'd see game specs that state mobile graphics card variants are unsupported. I doubt very much you'll get one that would handle it within your budget. You'd be looking to spend at least twice as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Have a laptop that's slightly better than those specs and could barely run the game with all settings at their lowest.

The game was poorly optimised for PC and doesn't like laptops much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Flotus2

thanks everyone! think I'll just go for a basic laptop so :)

Advertisement