Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

Tuned in the Premier Sports 2 HD stream on satellite and see that it's currently Eir Sport 1 HD for the F1. Didn't realise they'd be sharing that channel too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It may be just for testing purposes, though if you look at the announced Pro14 fixtures, the games on Premier Sports 2 are indeed those being carried by eir Sport 1 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Also the Celtic game next Wednesday is on both Eir Sport 1 and Premier Sports 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Any likelihood that eir sports 1 might end up in HD? Lots of rugby scheduled there, the picture quality is muck on sky when compared to Eir sports 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭fman

There was an interesting tweet by a516 quoting the FT saying that BT had walked away from UFC and NBA rights and have switched tactics to concentrate on basically only some core high profile sports rights.

• Advertisement

fman wrote: »
    There was an interesting tweet by a516 quoting the FT saying that BT had walked away from UFC and NBA rights and have switched tactics to concentrate on basically only some core high profile sports rights.

Is that another way of saying they have massively overspent on football?

Somewhere between that and saying that's as many sports subscribers we can grab, now pull up the ladder.

That’s essentially what Sky are also doing, which I suppose is what is creating the gap in the market for Eleven.

And Amazon (tennis) and Discovery (golf) and on and on.

BT Sport’s loss of UFC rights (widely reported to be going to Eleven Sports) and NBA (no news where this is going - though presumably also to Eleven) now being reported by the BBC

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45000791?ocid=socialflow_twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

icdg wrote:
    BT Sport’s loss of UFC rights (widely reported to be going to Eleven Sports) and NBA (no news where this is going - though presumably also to Eleven) now being reported by the BBC

Jesus Christ, looks like BT are severely winding down their operation. They'll focus on rugby and Premier League then. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost the Champions League whenever that's up for tender again.

They have the Champions League until 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

eir Sport 1 HD which has never been on Satellite is testing on 11508 V 23.0 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

eir Sport 1 HD which has never been on Satellite is testing on 11508 V 23.0 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

Lovely picture quality too atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Great news above guys, wondering will we ever see BT 4K on 28e.

If that was to happen I'd buy a sub straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Schwanz wrote: »
    Great news above guys, wondering will we ever see BT 4K on 28e.

If that was to happen I'd buy a sub straight away.

Don't think so it would cost them a fortune to run at UHD quality on satellite..

irishfeen wrote: »
    Don't think so it would cost them a fortune to run at UHD quality on satellite..

Apparently Virgin in the UK have taken the channel, might push Sky into doing so next year when the Sky/BT sharing of channels deal kick in, in the UK.

lertsnim wrote:

I didn't know that. Cheers.

lertsnim wrote:

I didn't know that. Cheers.

Encrypted today unfortunately. Odd, as i’m getting the other eirsport/bt channels since i have an eir BB subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Encrypted today unfortunately. Odd, as i’m getting the other eirsport/bt channels since i have an eir BB subscription.

It's been testing for a few weeks now. No mention when it will be added to the EPG. Sometimes channels testing are encrypted while tests are on going. I would expect it to be unencrypted as soon as a launch date is announced.

27.50 again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Interestingly Premier Sports 1 HD here in N. Ireland had Eir Sport 2 HD live coverage of Airtricity league on tonight while programme info. for Premier Sports 1 HD showed no programmes until much later in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

irishfeen wrote: »
    Lovely picture quality too atm
    Tuned in in sky box - larnaca v Dundalk
    Repeat - nice picture

As of now it appears there’s no Ligue 1 on either BT Sport or eir Sport this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

icdg wrote: »
    As of now it appears there’s no Ligue 1 on either BT Sport or eir Sport this weekend.

No Belgian football anywhere either. I’m sure the viewership it draws is extremely low but I still miss it. Think Eir had it last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

https://twitter.com/MarseilleUK/status/1026503013895102466

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Rang eir earlier and cancelled my yearly sub of 199e. The best they could offer me was 225e for another yearly subscription.

They offered me 17.99e for two months and told me to call again when that is expiring and they should have a similar offer on which I could sign up to again.
    I took the deal, hoping they might have a yearly sub Black Friday deal in November.

If, as seems to be the case, BT are either dropping or have lost Ligue 1, Serie A, UFC, and NBA, then it looks to me that BT are doing some serious cutting back on what might be termed “non-core” rights.

Their European Football Show on a Sunday night used to be great viewing but now the only continental league they are showing is the Bundesliga.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,157 ✭✭✭batistuta9

martyos121 wrote: »

No Belgian football anywhere either. I’m sure the viewership it draws is extremely low but I still miss it. Think Eir had it last year.

the company that have the UK rights for ligue 1 & the Belgian league are about to go bust or have gone bust, MP & Silva. people on digital spy saying that could be the reason

also on DS, ligue 1 gets under 10000 viewers. the conference is more popular that the foreign leagues, rates as well as the top bundesliga & serie a games

Advertisement