Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

decor58 wrote: »
    The Sky drx595 is generally referred to as a multiroom box, no hdd, small compact HD receiver, available since 2011 or thereabouts.

Ah! Thanks.

It is a Sky HD (not + for recording).

Now I know ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I’ve never heard it being called anything other than “Sky HD” - that is what’s written on the front of it!

But we are gone way off the topic of eir/BT/Premier Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,065 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Do Eir ever use those two extra channels on evision boxes?(presumably red button channels on Sky boxes) I ask because it looks like they've shelved live qualifying coverage for the Italian Grand Prix this weekend for wall to wall Pro 14 rugby and I'm wondering why they don't use the X1 or X2 channels.

They’ve no red button channels on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

flazio wrote: »
    Do Eir ever use those two extra channels on evision boxes?(presumably red button channels on Sky boxes) I ask because it looks like they've shelved live qualifying coverage for the Italian Grand Prix this weekend for wall to wall Pro 14 rugby and I'm wondering why they don't use the X1 or X2 channels.

I don't think those extra channels are on satellite - just

eir Sport 1 and eir Sport 2 in both SD & HD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

They are on the app too but there's never anything on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

They did show GAA on the extra channels last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

I just got a email from Eir

From 01/10/2018 the monthly rate for your subscription will be €29.99 per month

Promotional pricing will remain unchanged for the duration of your promotion. Additional entitlements such as multi-box subscriptions will remain unaffected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Is that just for eir/bt pack?

EDIT: Nevermind prices updated on website now. So they have lost a good bit of sport and then UFC come December and now charging 30 a month. Some joke

Noticed with the Pro14 launch yesterday, eir Sport have new idents and break bumpers, incorporating live action for the first time since about 2011 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

I want to watch PPV boxing on the 16th September between Canelo and Golovkin.

It was not previously, but is it possible to purchase BT PPV through Eir now?
    Happy to pay for it but ridicilous if I still cannot.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭lgs 4

It may be on RTL 1 or 2 FTA Astra 1 19e in Germany. Look up a program guide online. My 7-day tv guide only runs till next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

DAZN showed the first one in Germany so it wouldn't surprise me if they had this.

BT haven’t announced the details yet but I’d say they’ll take orders directly from ROI customers for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Rang to cancel, got a deal for two months for 17.99.

I'll be ringing again or I'm gone. 30 is way too much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

€20 a month for the Virgin Sport App or €29.99 a month for Eir Sport.

Eir/Bt seems to be the must have subscription for the Rugby but I would be reluctant to get it for anything else.

No wonder the pirates are cleaning up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Schwanz wrote: »
    Rang to cancel, got a deal for two months for 17.99.

I'll be ringing again or I'm gone. 30 is way too much

I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago. I was cancelling my yearly (199e) because they upped it to 229e.
    The agent basically hinted to me to ring again when the two months of 17.99 offer is expired and they'll renew it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭rodders999

I subscribed two years ago for €199 but when they increased it last year to €229 I rang to cancel as I couldn’t see the justification for a 30 quid price hike. They offered me €199 again for the year so I signed up again.

My subscription ended last weekend so I checked to see how much it was to renew and was shocked to see it’s now €269 for the year. A 70 quid hike in price in two years is taking the piss. I will ring then tomorrow to see what they offer but doubt they can tempt me at those prices.

May have to wait until Black Friday to see what they are offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭yknaa

I let my annual sub end after being with them for at least 3 years. Was paying €199 for multi room. Think they offered €13 p/m for two months but not worth it for me without Italian footie.

Moved across to Eleven Sports - €59 for the year.

ustari wrote: »
    I want to watch PPV boxing on the 16th September between Canelo and Golovkin.

It was not previously, but is it possible to purchase BT PPV through Eir now?
    Happy to pay for it but ridicilous if I still cannot.

Fight will be live on eir Sport 1, so no need to buy the PPV:

https://www.eirsport.ie/golovkin-slams-two-faced-critics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

What's the logic of Eir Sports 2 being blacked out for most of the Pro 14 games? They are on both Eir Sports 1 and Premier Sports (aka Eir Sports 2), is it because they have different commentating/presenting teams?

Less to do with that, more to do with a fear you might watch the U.K. adverts instead of the Irish ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

dulpit wrote: »
    What's the logic of Eir Sports 2 being blacked out for most of the Pro 14 games? They are on both Eir Sports 1 and Premier Sports (aka Eir Sports 2), is it because they have different commentating/presenting teams?

It is ridiculous that they still haven't sorted out separate feeds for Eir Sport 2 and Premier Sports 1 on satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Eir Sports 2 is not blacked out here in N. Ireland for any Pro 14 games.

But that’s okay, its the same as Premier Sports 1 anyway - adverts and all. The only differences between eir Sport 2 and Premier Sports 1 are accomplished using geoblocking.

But question for you. In NI, when Premier Sports 1 and eir Sport 1 are showing the same game, is eir Sport 1 blocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

icdg wrote: »
    Fight will be live on eir Sport 1, so no need to buy the PPV:

https://www.eirsport.ie/golovkin-slams-two-faced-critics

Good news.

Strange that TV guide still hasn''t been updated to reflect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Since I subscribed to Premier Sports about a month ago Eir Sports 1 has been 'in the clear' including all their Pro 14 coverage. It gives me alternative commentary to that on Premier Sports 1 when matches are simulcast. Also enjoy seeing how Tommy Bowe is performing as a presenter and Eir sports panel as distinct from Premier Sports panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

ustari wrote: »
    Good news.

Strange that TV guide still hasn''t been updated to reflect this.

Listings has been updated on Sky boxes. Programme starts at 11.30pm

I notice in the Sky TV guide (on Sky HD box) the HD versions of Eirsport 1 & 2 don't have programs in coloured lettering indicating they are in HD, unlike the BT channels for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Jesus you would think that they could get the microphones to work properly for the commentary on the Leinster game. Complete amateur hour...

Advertisement