Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

icdg wrote: »
    Yes, if you are an eir Sport satellite subscriber (Another poster asked if this applies to eir Sport broadband subscribers who have an eir Sport entitlement on their Sky viewing card - I am not sure that it does).

It’s not part of the eir Sport pack and not officially available here so can’t guarantee that eir/Setanta won’t change the set up to block it here at some point.

I have eir broadband and get the eir/BT channels with an ex-subscription card. I can watch Premier Sports 2 through "Other Channels"

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Roland27

Hi, does anyone have any update on just how many Serie A games Eir Sport plan to show each week? Have they promoted or advertised that they got Serie A back on their TV channels at all? As far as I can tell they've still been silent on it, which is strange.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out do Irish Serie A fans need to sign up to the new Premier Sports offer (usually £10/a month which isn't cheap) as well as being subscribed to the Eir Sports pack?

This weekend, from the Eir Sports TV guide it looks as if they are only showing 2 live Serie A games (Chievo v Roma Friday night game, Sassuolo v Juventus on Sunday 5pm), whereas Premier Sports tweeted they will be showing '7 live games from week 23'.

If that's going to be the case every week then it doesn't look good from Eir's TV coverage. For example, this Sunday they are showing 'Live Advance Auto Parts Clash Nascar' instead of showing Milan v Cagliari. And I just know they will miss out on some big games down the line to show other crap like Nascar.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They have completely ignored the announcement and their attitude is “we know nothing”.

However the position is this:

If games are on FreeSports, ROI Sky subscribers can watch on channel 429. Freesat and free to air satellite viewers can also watch these games however FreeSports is not available on any cable TV provider in Ireland.

If games are on Premier Sports 1, eir Sport subscribers can (usually -but see below for an exception) watch on eir Sport 2 (channel 422)

If games are on Premier Sports 2, Eir Sport satellite subscribers can watch by manually tuning Premier Sports 2. These games cannot be watched by eir Sport subscribers on the eir Sport app, eir Vision or Vodafone TV.

The Premier Sports offer isn’t available to ROI viewers afaik - they will not accept subscriptions from here.

However regarding this Saturday:

Eir Sport is showing Mayo v Cavan on eir Sport 2 on cable instead of Premier Sports 1 programmes. Also Serie A has been moved to Premier Sports 1, with Kerry v Dublin now airing on Premier Sports 2. The upshot is that cable viewers will not be able to see Saturday’s Serie A game.

Satellite subscribers will be able to see Mayo v Cavan on eir Sport 2 HD. Scottish Cup and Serie A should be available on eir Sport 2 SD. (Edit: according to the Sky EPG though, it is the opposite way around - GAA on SD, Premier Sports programmes on HD.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

BT Sport launched an new large screen app with BT Vision on Apple TV.

BT Sport are also launching apps on Samsung Smart TV's & Xbox with UHD & HDR in a few months time.

https://sport.bt.com/news/watch-bt-sport-on-xbox-samsung-tv-and-apple-tv-with-new-large-screen-app-S11364334308554

Although; it appears it could be for the UK only.

Only for UK customers like their existing apps. Although it will be interesting to see if that changes after 1st August. One interesting thing about these new apps is that it will make the 4K channel available to non-BT Vision customers for the first time (but not just yet).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Only for UK customers like their existing apps. Although it will be interesting to see if that changes after 1st August. One interesting thing about these new apps is that it will make the 4K channel available to non-BT Vision customers for the first time (but not just yet).

Hopefully we'll see the BT sports channels appearing on the Sky app

• Registered Users Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

It would be great (and about time) if they added BT to the Sky app. I use Mobdro at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The Nal wrote: »
    It would be great (and about time) if they added BT to the Sky app. I use Mobdro at the moment.

What's the logic here? Because you can't get it under one payment you pirate? Even though there's a very straightforward means to purchase the channels anyway? :confused:

No discussion of piracy please

dulpit wrote: »
    What's the logic here? Because you can't get it under one payment you pirate? Even though there's a very straightforward means to purchase the channels anyway? :confused:

I pay for BT Sport but I can't get it on my tablet. They shut down access via the online player late last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Hopefully we'll see the BT sports channels appearing on the Sky app

I'm sure I saw it written somewhere that this will happen when Sky are selling the BT subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Acosta

Still wondering what Eir Sport are up to with regards to Serie A.

European leagues are often badly marketed in these parts, but Eir have taken it to a whole new level and not even advertised that they have it.

They have so little live football I would have thought they'd be shouting about this from the rooftops. I just can't get my head around it.

Politics between eir Sport and Setanta/Premier I fear.

They have completely ignored the announcement and their attitude is “we know nothing”.

However the position is this:

If games are on FreeSports, ROI Sky subscribers can watch on channel 429. Freesat and free to air satellite viewers can also watch these games however FreeSports is not available on any cable TV provider in Ireland.

If games are on Premier Sports 1, eir Sport subscribers can (usually -but see below for an exception) watch on eir Sport 2 (channel 422)

If games are on Premier Sports 2, Eir Sport satellite subscribers can watch by manually tuning Premier Sports 2. These games cannot be watched by eir Sport subscribers on the eir Sport app, eir Vision or Vodafone TV.

The Premier Sports offer isn’t available to ROI viewers afaik - they will not accept subscriptions from here.

However regarding this Saturday:

Eir Sport is showing Mayo v Cavan on eir Sport 2 on cable instead of Premier Sports 1 programmes. Also Serie A has been moved to Premier Sports 1, with Kerry v Dublin now airing on Premier Sports 2. The upshot is that cable viewers will not be able to see Saturday’s Serie A game.

Satellite subscribers will be able to see Mayo v Cavan on eir Sport 2 HD. Scottish Cup and Serie A should be available on eir Sport 2 SD. (Edit: according to the Sky EPG though, it is the opposite way around - GAA on SD, Premier Sports programmes on HD.)

That's great info, thanks. Just tuned that in. Pity you can't tune in Premier Sports 1 too and all would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The Nal wrote: »
    I pay for BT Sport but I can't get it on my tablet. They shut down access via the online player late last year.

Oh... So you can get it if you are an Eir Broadband customer, but not just pure Eir Sports (which you could argue is more expensive as a product). That is strange.

Oh... So you can get it if you are an Eir Broadband customer, but not just pure Eir Sports (which you could argue is more expensive as a product). That is strange.

Oh can you? Yeah Ive Virgin broadband and Eir Sports and cant get it online anymore.

Acosta wrote: »
    That's great info, thanks. Just tuned that in. Pity you can't tune in Premier Sports 1 too and all would be fine.

You can, but why would you want to? Eir Sport 2 is the same channel (usually).

You can, but why would you want to? Eir Sport 2 is the same channel (usually).

Do you have a link to the current frequency by any chance? I've tried a couple but they didn't work.

Both Eir sport channels often show live GAA on Saturday evening's so it would be handy to have both Premier Sport channels.

My understanding is that Premier Sport 1 cannot show different programmes to eir Sport 2 on satellite at the same time, which is why there is the ackward split of SD & HD lineups instead on Saturday night. Because (as I keep saying) they are the same channel.

However, try 11604 H DVB-S2 8PSK 23000 2/3, or 11171 H DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6.

It is strange but has been the case since Setanta Go shutdown. Eir prefer selling broadband subscriptions and probably would have done away with the satellite service eons ago except for the revolt they would have had from the commercial customers if they had tried.

• Advertisement

Politics between eir Sport and Setanta/Premier I fear.

Eir have no issue tweeting about the Scottish Cup games at the weekend. I take it they are using Premier Sports coverage.

I dunno... I'd love to know what the beef is though.

Of course they are. I presume the difference is that eir went in on one deal and didn’t on the other and they are unhappy.

So anyway, eir have corrected their press release regarding Saturday night - the Sky EPG is correct,

- Premier Sports programmes (Scottish Cup & Serie A) on eir Sport 2 HD(channel 422)
    - GAA (Mayo v Cavan) on eir Sport 2 SD (channel 871).

The above applies to satellite viewers only. Cable / Eir Sport app customers will only have access to the GAA and not the football.

Of course they are. I presume the difference is that eir went in on one deal and didn’t on the other and they are unhappy.

Someday we might find out what the deal is with this but it's still content that they now have that Virgin and Sky don't have and they should really be promoting it if they want new business.
    So anyway, eir have corrected their press release regarding Saturday night - the Sky EPG is correct,

- Premier Sports programmes (Scottish Cup & Serie A) on eir Sport 2 HD(channel 422)

The above applies to satellite viewers only. Cable / Eir Sport app customers will only have access to the GAA and not the football.

More very useful information, thanks. Pity they can't put the football on one of their extra channels on the app. I like to watch the football on my breaks at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

This was posted in the gaa forum.
    https://www.eirsport.i...v-cavan-how-to-watch

"Meanwhile, the game between Mayo and Cavan at Elverys MacHale Park will also be live on eir sport.

Sky customers will only be able to watch the match on eir sport 2 SD, which is available on channel 422 or 871, depending on your Sky box.

For those wishing to watch the Division 1 clash on eir Vision, Vodafone and the eir sport app, it will be available on both eir sport 2 HD and SD. The game will also be repeated on eir sport 1 after the Kerry v Dublin tie.

Throw-in at MacHale Park is at 7pm, with the build-up starting on eir sport 2 at 6.50pm. "

Let me get this straight. Saturday night Serie A is available on Eir Sport 2 HD if you have Eir via satellite, but not on regular Eir Vision TV? I subscribe to an Eir bundle with multiroom TV, broadband, phone, mobile etc, and have Eir 1/2 on both SD/HD, but have no satellite dish.

The silence from Eir on Serie A is beyond baffling at this stage. Regardless of any beef with Premier Sports, they have just added some excellent live HD coverage from a major European league to their bundle yet are refusing to even acknowledge it at all, never mind promote it. Do they even realise there are lots of customers out there like myself who only signed up to Eir (TV, broadband, the lot) just to watch Serie A on TV? (before they lost it, now got it back again) :confused::D

Roland27 wrote: »
    Let me get this straight. Saturday night Serie A is available on Eir Sport 2 HD if you have Eir via satellite, but not on regular Eir Vision TV?
    Yup. Cable subscribers also miss out on Scottish Cup. I suspect that is why it is Rangers and not Celtic that is playing in that time slot...

I personally think they’ve missed a trick by not having Mayo v Cavan on eir Sport 1 incidentally, given they are going to get creamed in the ratings by RTE for Kerry v Dublin which is being simulcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

At this stage I'm looking forward to cancelling with these in May.

All over the place the are

• Registered Users Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The BT Sport app will hopefully come to LG tvs too. They have launched in the uk on samsung and apple platforms.

No 3pm KO in FA Cup Fifth Round weekend either by the looks of it. This is usually the last round of the competition that games are played at 3pm. Doncaster v Crystal Palace will be shown Sunday (also on BBC One) along with a replay of the game that would have been shown at Sat 3pm, Wimbledon v Millwall. They’ll also show Chelsea v Man United (also on BBC One) on Monday night.

I’d argue that if eir are unwilling to show games they’ve obtained exclusive rights to they should either hand back the rights or sub license.

• Advertisement

First time (that I've seen) Eir have acknowledged they now have Serie A:

For Serie A, as the deal is not exclusively with ourselves, we cannot give you a full fixture list at this time.

https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/1095666359009230848

Advertisement