Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

im sure its been asked before but here goes - I have eir broadband with the sports, watching on the laptop is pretty hopeless, and i have seen tell of setting up an old sky box to view them. pictured below is the kind of box i have, but i have no subscription and i have no card of any kind. is it possible for me?

479863.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

that box is too old, eir sport 1 and 2 are going hd only from 16th may. then in july eir lose BT sport and ESPN. What you could do is get a second had sky hd box on adverts ie or ebay then ring eir for card.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

awec wrote: »
    Nobody is going to pay €30 a month for what's left after they lose BT and Premier.

I only have the Eir package for BT. Eir can fcuk off.

Are Sky charging much more to get BT with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The Nal wrote: »
    I only have the Eir package for BT. Eir can fcuk off.

Are Sky charging much more to get BT with them?

No pricing has been announced. Currently BT Sport is £30 per month in the UK for people without BT Broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There is big news from The Times newspaper which reported today that all matches in The FA Cup is to have exclusive TV rights on ITV & the BBC in the UK for the first time since the 1980's. The matches from BT Sport will be switching over to ITV from the 2021-22 season. The new deal is set to last for 4 years.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fa-cup-set-to-be-aired-exclusively-on-free-to-air-tv-after-itv-deal-3css5zlnb?wgu=270525_54264_15578537551012_b0d7eeb90a&wgexpiry=1565629755&utm_source=planit&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=22278

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Still unconfirmed that one, for now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

I have a dedicated Sky Box for the "Free" BT/ESPN/EIR channels.

What happens if I power it down until mid August?

Might BT/ESPN still work?
    Will the 2 EIR channels loose their authorisation?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

eirman wrote: »
    I have a dedicated Sky Box for the "Free" BT/ESPN/EIR channels.

What happens if I power it down until mid August?

Might BT/ESPN still work?
    Will the 2 EIR channels loose their authorisation?

My box has lost the channels on a few occasions. You can reconnect it through the myeir app using the card number and your mobile number I think. It takes 5 - 10 mins then to work.

Two bits of BT Sport news today.

Firstly it appears they’ll be introducing a new corporate identity in August, featuring the letters “BT” in a circle. This has been knocking about for around three years now, but they’re seemingly going ahead with it this time.

Secondly, it seems they are about take over the rights to professional wrestling promotion WWE, which Sky have aired for thirty years. That’s unconfirmed at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

icdg wrote: »
    Two bits of BT Sport news today.

Firstly it appears they’ll be introducing a new corporate identity in August, featuring the letters “BT” in a circle. This has been knocking about for around three years now, but they’re seemingly going ahead with it this time.

Secondly, it seems they are about take over the rights to professional wrestling promotion WWE, which Sky have aired for thirty years. That’s unconfirmed at present.

The new logo is ridiculous if they roll it out, it looks like a 4 year old designed it on Microsoft paint :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

a lot of changes.. eir havent said whether they are gonna charge for it yet?

Charge for what? If anything they should be substantially cutting their price to reflect that they’ve lost practically everything bar the Pro14, League of Ireland, and Allianz League GAA next season.

But they won’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

when sky sports started the logo had a circle as well, going backwards like the company.

Also unconfirmed reports that BT will lose coverage of the women’s tennis to Amazon, who have the men’s tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Acosta

It's still better than that big blob of a logo BT used to have which was almost distracting it was so big.

When is the changeover to Sky? July? I thought we'd have some pricing information by now. Eir Sport pack will squeeze the Copa America in before it's all gone. Or at least some of it.

For BT it’s 1st August.

We don’t know the Premier Sports date, which is the important one for the Copa America. My guess is that it’s probably 1st August as well but another possibility is 5th July, the third anniversary of Setanta Ireland becoming eir Sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 OneEyedORourke

For BT it’s 1st August.

We don’t know the Premier Sports date, which is the important one for the Copa America. My guess is that it’s probably 1st August as well but another possibility is 5th July, the third anniversary of Setanta Ireland becoming eir Sport.

I gambled on the date. Signed up to Eir for another two months (half-price) a few weeks ago to cover June & July because of the Copa America.

Any update on who'll be showing La Liga next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Also unconfirmed reports that BT will lose coverage of the women’s tennis to Amazon, who have the men’s tour.

Now confirmed on Digital Spy website.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dom40

eirsport have automatically renewed my yearly subscription to the eir sports package,I did not realise that it was an automatic renewal until i checked my credit card account this week,Can i cancel the subscription now without penalty or can i wait until August when they loose BT sport and cancel then without penalty,I have contacted Eir but its a waste of time,they just dont seem to know or care,Iwould be very grateful if some of the boardsies could help me .Thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

dom40 wrote: »
    eirsport have automatically renewed my yearly subscription to the eir sports package,I did not realise that it was an automatic renewal until i checked my credit card account this week,Can i cancel the subscription now without penalty or can i wait until August when they loose BT sport and cancel then without penalty,I have contacted Eir but its a waste of time,they just dont seem to know or care,Iwould be very grateful if some of the boardsies could help me .Thanks..

id say you have the statuatory "cooling off" period to cancel this.

id say you have the statuatory "cooling off" period to cancel this.

is that the 14 days cooling off?I was thinking about that but i have a severe distrust of EIR,i dont want to cancel and then battle with them to be reimbursed when they have already been paid.I can see me sitting here with no eir sport channels and no money back,Would i be better keep the package for the couple of months and cancel then?

With the news that ITV will take half of the FA Cup TV rights package from 2021 a big opportunity now for either Eir Sport or VM Sport to move for those rights. Be interesting to see what happens. Eir currently have rights to BBC games and the separate ROI 3pm package (yeah I know, they didn’t bother airing games in that slot this season). The tender was a UK & Ireland basis so I’m not sure if the FA can now tender a separate ROI package or whether the Irish broadcasters need to sublicense from the UK ones. It may be, given eir’s Pro14 commitments and their failure to air games they had rights to this year, that this package might suit VM Sport better.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

dom40 wrote:

As you have already completed a full 12 month contract, Eir will reimburse what's ourstanding when you cancel.

As you have already completed a full 12 month contract, Eir will reimburse what's ourstanding when you cancel.

yes but have i not entered into another 12 month contract again which would not have anything to do with the previous 12 month contract i would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭roadmaster

If it is that EIR are down to two channels I can see them losing customers by the truck load. So I wonder would they cut there losses and get out off tv and sale there rights. If the likes of virgin picked up there rights they could make a proper channel out of virgin media sport and having pro 14 and especially the hurling and football leagues would be a big win for them

I suspect they may well sell back to Premier Sports after the RWC, but let’s see what happens. They are really really dependant on Pro14 from here on out.

Just a note, because it’s been asked here a few times - the Premier Sports changeover date is apparently also the start of August - according to posts by their social media team on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,026 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A mate of mine was asking what channels or rather what sports he would get if he went back to Eir for his BB. I told him that the football will be gone from August but what else would he loose out on compared to the present?

Is BT splitting from Eir entirely?
    Likewise will sports on Premier still be shown?

Boxing is his main interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

muffler wrote: »
    A mate of mine was asking what channels or rather what sports he would get if he went back to Eir for his BB. I told him that the football will be gone from August but what else would he loose out on compared to the present?

Is BT splitting from Eir entirely?
    Likewise will sports on Premier still be shown?

Boxing is his main interest

Champions/Heineken cup rugby gone as well if he watches that

Advertisement