Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Does anyone know if the bt sport app is on lg tvs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Acosta

Does anyone know if the bt sport app is on lg tvs?

The BT app was never available here directly. Channels can be viewed via the Eir Sport app..until August 1st when it changes to sky. Not sure if the Eir Sport app still works via chromecast? Ive not used it for a long time but heard some people complaining online about it. Eirsport app still works on my phone, but it's not worked on my laptop for over a year.

I wonder will there be any issues with BT on the Sky Go app once the channels switch to Sky. Since Sky lost The Champions League rights, when matches are on RTE you can't view them using the Sky Go app as Sky can't show UCL. I hope there's no issues with BT in this regard, otherwise it will be an almighty pain in the arse.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭mike2084

Might have been mentioned before but I wonder if Virgin will now do business with BT as it's wholesale operation will now by run through Sky? Perhaps with CL content blocked?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It’s Sky they’ll have to do business with, but I don’t see why not, unless Sky is intent on keeping the channels exclusive to its platform a la F1 and Sky Atlantic.

Hopefully there won’t be too long to wait until pricing details are announced - I’d expect some time around the time of the Premier League fixtures announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mollser

icdg wrote: »
    It’s Sky they’ll have to do business with, but I don’t see why not, unless Sky is intent on keeping the channels exclusive to its platform a la F1 and Sky Atlantic.

I know details are scarce on this, but aren't Sky just acting as a distribution agent for these channels? They haven't bought them out, so it would be very surprising if they weren't avaialble on all platforms, at a cost of course.

Hopefully Virgin can do a deal with them and make them available on the top tier of their platform or something for no additional cost (ala in the UK), but that's probably wishful thinking.

Access to all sports channels about to get very expensive for everyone, that's for sure.

• Advertisement

Sky are essentially taking over the same role Eir has had with regard BT Sport and Premier Sports. While they haven’t bought them out they are their exclusive distribution agents in Ireland and the people who platforms have to deal with. So deals are not a given. Notably the only platform eir Sport has a wholesale deal with is Vodafone. The existing deal which Setanta had with Virgin Media wasn’t renewed when it expired only weeks after the eir Sport rebrand. Setanta never (even going back to their GB days) had a full wholesale deal with Sky, only an EPG and CAS services agreement and this is still the case for eir Sport to this day. You ring eir (well, Kirkcaldy in Fife actually) to subscribe to eir Sport on satellite. I’m convinced the only reason they are even still on satellite is to facilitate commercial customers.

But you’re right, we are looking at significant extra costs. Whereas there is now one eir Sport pack, in a few weeks time it will be eir Sport, Premier Sports, and BT Sport as three separate packs and who knows how much extra it will all be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

mollser wrote: »
    Access to all sports channels about to get very expensive for everyone, that's for sure.

It's already a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Acosta wrote: »

I wonder will there be any issues with BT on the Sky Go app once the channels switch to Sky. Since Sky lost The Champions League rights, when matches are on RTE you can't view them using the Sky Go app as Sky can't show UCL. I hope there's no issues with BT in this regard, otherwise it will be an almighty pain in the arse.

i thought that's because of what rights rte have, nothing to do with sky.
    But you’re right, we are looking at significant extra costs. Whereas there is now one eir Sport pack, in a few weeks time it will be eir Sport, Premier Sports, and BT Sport as three separate packs and who knows how much extra it will all be.

what football rights do premier have for next season, la liga + serie a?

BT via sky in the uk is expensive enough, 29.99pm

Premier will have Serie A along with Premier League 3pms (and the same games Amazon do in the UK), Erdevisie, and the Chinese Super League as well as the Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup.

We don’t, at present know what’s happening with La Liga, the deal was only until the end of the season.

While Premier Sports stay remarkably quiet (is there a clause in the eir Sport deal that means they can’t promote before a certain date I wonder?), we now know that they’ll have a couple of big games in their Round 15 coverage, in which they have the rights to show every game - the Merseyside derby and Manchester United v Spurs probably the biggest games an ROI-only rights holder has ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Confirmed that Premier Sports will be exclusive to Sky platforms from August:

http://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1139109998166970373

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

I presume both Premier Sports channels will be on the Sky EPG - and not the way it is currently, where PS1 is eir sport 2 and PS2 has to be tuned in separately.

Eir Sport 2 and Premier Sports 1 should be separate channels in the new structure. Unfortunate but not exactly unexpected that Sky will be keeping the channels exclusive to their platform - and I’d expect that it will be the same with BT Sport then.

Eir Sport 2 and Premier Sports 1 should be separate channels in the new structure. Unfortunate but not exactly unexpected that Sky will be keeping the channels exclusive to their platform - and I’d expect that it will be the same with BT Sport then.

Risky if they don't price it right. They will have to give a good package offer with all 3 or a lot of people will cut the chord.

I hope bt sport will be offered on now tv. Otherwise subscribing through the uk may be an option though it is expensive over there at £30 plus.

Sky's contract for the summer GAA is up next May. Eir sports may chase it as the pro14 wouldn't be on over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Roland27

Confirmed that Premier Sports will be exclusive to Sky platforms from August:

http://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1139109998166970373

I would still wait for the next few months before thinking its going to be fully exclusive to Sky. Still time for Eir or Virgin to get deals done (although not really much hope with Eir anymore).

Its all really unclear at the moment though, no one really seems to know what's going to happen. The only reason I joined Eir was to watch Serie A (first via the BT Sport pack a few years ago, then on PS), but if they lose that and BT as well as loads of other stuff there's not much point in going with them (contract up soon anyway).

The only good thing with having Eir at the moment is that its pretty good value I think. For TV (multiroom), BT Sport pack, 100Mb broadband, home phone, 2 mobiles (unlimited calls, 15Gb data), I'm paying under €150 a month. To switch to Sky to get a similar broadband & TV (inc. all sports) deal alone it would be, what, about €100-per-month? Even more?

Also, does anyone know with the Sky Sports package, you get 7 sports channels for €20-per-month (or €40 after time), but will the PS channels be even extra or included in their Sports pack?

No news yet - I hoped we might hear today, but another date worth diarying might be when the first tranche (apart from kick off weekend) of TV fixtures are announced around 5th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭talkingpj

I hope premier sports doesnt have any football on eir sports 2 especially. Eir sports channels are awful for picture break up. I can not watch a game on eir sports 2 it just continually breaks up. Every other channel on my sky q box works and there isnt a signal problem. It is truly an awful service. I have heard loads of people that have had the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

talkingpj wrote: »
    I hope premier sports doesnt have any football on eir sports 2 especially. Eir sports channels are awful for picture break up. I can not watch a game on eir sports 2 it just continually breaks up. Every other channel on my sky q box works and there isnt a signal problem. It is truly an awful service. I have heard loads of people that have had the same problem.

Premier Sports will be completely separate from Eir Sport.

Eir already beginning to remove details of BT Sport, Premier Sports and Box Nation content from the bottom of their homepage.

Sky would be smart to hold onto exclusive rights. Charge the normal price for bt sports and throw in premier sports for free if you have the 2 main sports packages.

They will wipe out the opposition especially if virgin people can switch to sky fibre to the house or decent fftc with no caps.

Economy has picked up so people may be happy to subscribe.

Would a broadband + sky sports + bt sports + premier for €150 with full hd be a ballpark figure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Eir already beginning to remove details of BT Sport, Premier Sports and Box Nation content from the bottom of their homepage.

I forgot Box Nation is part of the eir package.
    What will happen to it going forward - is it under the BT sport umbrella?

Not mentioned. In the UK it’s part of the BT Sport pack, and I presume that’ll be the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Well it was good to see Eir where showing live airplane racing. The future of sports broadcasting is safe with Eir!

This article on the independent.ie website (regarding the sale of a minority interest in Premier Sports) seems to think it will be available on Virgin at any rate, though it’s just mentioned in passing.

http://www.independent.ie/business/media/premier-sports-has-near7m-valuation-after-investment-38220183.html

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭An Tarbh

This article on the independent.ie website (regarding the sale of a minority interest in Premier Sports) seems to think it will be available on Virgin at any rate, though it’s just mentioned in passing.

http://www.independent.ie/business/media/premier-sports-has-near7m-valuation-after-investment-38220183.html

probably just another misguided claim that hasn't been properly verified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Ffs, its not even a sport. Their content is going down hill fast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Ffs, its not even a sport. Their content is going down hill fast

UFC
    Champions cup rugby
    Premier league

But yes down hill

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭fman

Whether you love it or hate it. It shows the shifts in Sky. WWF,E has pretty much been on sky from the start

• Advertisement

Just to note that regard whether WWE is or is not a sport, the proper place to have that debate is the Pro Wrestling forum, IF the mods there are happy to let you have it

Advertisement