Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Acosta

I see ads for the new Sky pack for BT and Premier Sports on social media but they STILL have no pricing for it. Bloody hell like

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Okay, we’ll see how this works.

This thread is now for continuing discussion on the eir Sport pack, consisting of eir Sport 1, eir Sport 2, and FreeSports, after 1st August 2019.

This thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057992302

Is for discussion of BT Sport & Premier Sports post 1st August.

If this doesn’t work and there’s continued cross discussion, then both threads will be merged, and afterwards there will be a ban on new threads in any Cable & Digital forum on the subject of eir Sport, BT Sport, or Premier Sports until 1st September 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Any word on whether there will be a price cut for the Eir commercial subscription? 460 a month is daylight robbery considering what's left now.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭cracker

So is Eirsport the only place I can watch all the rugby World Cup games? I am interested in the main rugby and soccer competitions and it seems from reading all the threads I can get pretty much all of this through sky once the new sky sports extra package comes out. Will it be possible to watch the rugby World Cup on BBC or other channels if all I have is sky sports and the new sky sports extra package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭landofthetree

cracker wrote: »
    So is Eirsport the only place I can watch all the rugby World Cup games? I am interested in the main rugby and soccer competitions and it seems from reading all the threads I can get pretty much all of this through sky once the new sky sports extra package comes out. Will it be possible to watch the rugby World Cup on BBC or other channels if all I have is sky sports and the new sky sports extra package.

ITV has all the rugby WC games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

ITV has all the rugby WC games.

Pretty much makes Eir useless that.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,026 ✭✭✭✭muffler

cracker wrote: »
    Details of the Irish coverage can viewed here

As stated above ITV have full rights to all the games. The warm up matches are covered by Sky, Channel 4, Premier Sports and on Now TV - see the full broadcasting schedule including the warm up matches here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Quite likely a good few games will end up on itv4 which is not in hd on freesat.
    On sky is it?

Yes, but only in the UK.

It’s not available on Sky in Ireland, but the FTA SD version can be manually tuned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Infoanon

icdg wrote: »
    Yes, but only in the UK.

It’s not available on Sky in Ireland, but the FTA SD version can be manually tuned.
    As can the ITV 1 HD version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

We got Eir broadband a few months ago and it comes with free eir sports package. I'm having trouble trying to watch eir sports app on IE. I was able to stream it before a few months ago when champions league is on. Now when I sign in it takes me to Device Management and tells me that my laptop is not registered. Another device is registered which I think is my brothers. At the bottom it comes up:

"You have used 1 out of 2 device slots. You have used your 1 monthly swap. Please wait till next month and try again."

I tried selecting my laptop to register in May of this year and it would not let me do it for the same reason saying I need to wait until next month. This is ridiculous lol Does anyone know what's going on? Eir sports app is a pile of **** tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I had that too. If you ring them up they’ll reset it. I’ve no idea of the wait times but once you get through it only takes a second to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Clonsk

Presently I am an Eir client with an agreed payment package. Have the Eirsport pack with Bt sport based channels. So far so good. Now, we have the standard old non HD Skybox. Firstly lost Eirsport channels as they are now HD recently. First thoughts were that things change. Maybe I need to get new Sky HD system? Still have BT Sports. Then within days, I get an email that I will lose BT Sport channels by 1st August! Eirsport pack gone from TV! Like everyone else noted email advising of what Eirsport are still offering! Can get Freesports already on Sky or tuned extra channel!

(1) Are Eirsports in trouble? Sure to lose advertisement revenue if exclusively HD at this present time as there are still a lot of old Sky TV clients. Timing desperate losing BT Sports!

(2) Advised that new Sky Q box is HD ready! Will show HD free channels only, Is this true? Also advised it should show Eirsport channels without Sky Extra HD subscription. Is this true?

Clonsk wrote: »
    (1) Are Eirsports in trouble? Sure to lose advertisement revenue if exclusively HD at this present time as there are still a lot of old Sky TV clients. Timing desperate losing BT Sports!

Financially? There is no suggestion of that. But losing BT is a big blow. They now effectively have three key properties - the Pro14, League of Ireland, and GAA Allianz Leagues and none are big subscription drivers. Now Setanta have a history of bouncing back from massive blows, but the Setanta management are no longer running eir Sport and as of 1st August, Setanta will be running Premier Sports in direct competition with eir Sport, which changes the dynamic somewhat.
    (2) Advised that new Sky Q box is HD ready! Will show HD free channels only, Is this true? Also advised it should show Eirsport channels without Sky Extra HD subscription. Is this true?

Eir Sport subscription is completely separate from Sky subscription and neither effects the other (except that if you cancel Sky completely, you will lose PVR features and if you have Sky Q, you have to hand back the equipment which could leave your eir Sport subscription useless).

Currently I subscribe to Eirsports on Sky to get BT Sports.

No interest in Subscribing to Eirsport after August 1st but I can't find anything on their website on how to unsubscibe - and there has been no communication.

Anyone know how unsubscibe from Eirsports on Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Infoanon wrote: »

No interest in Subscribing to Eirsport after August 1st but I can't find anything on their website on how to unsubscibe - and there has been no communication.

Call Eir Sports
    ROI: 0818 20 30 40
    (Lines open from 10am-6pm Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm Sat, Closed Sun)

You will need your Eir Sports Account number

paulboland wrote: »

Call Eir Sports

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I have cancelled by emailing cs@eirsport.ie with my sky viewing card number, they usually respond quick enough.

Davexirl wrote: »

I have cancelled by emailing cs@eirsport.ie with my sky viewing card number, they usually respond quick enough.
    Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I reckon Eir will shutdown the Eir Sports channel this time next year.

Without the Bt channels its not worth €29.99 a month.

• Advertisement

I am still predicting it will be sold to Premier Sports not long after the RWC is over. I don’t think there’s enough rights (given the GAA will not sell their primary Championship rights to a pay-TV broadcaster) to go around eir, Premier Sports, and Virgin Media Sport as is. But let’s see what happens.

How many people are willing to pay €30pm for the Pro14? That’s what it boils down to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Eir are finished.

In 2009 Setanta were finished too. But here we are in 2019 with not one but two “Sons of Setanta” (eir Sport and Premier Sports) alive and kicking.

Trying to be positive. I am an Eir client who got the Eirsport sports package as part of household package added to my Old Sky TV package (no HD) which I know is a separate subscription. From the first of August, I will have no Eirsport pack on TV! BT sport channels are leaving the package. Eirsport channels are now HD.

If I get a Sky Q box, will it enable me attain Eirsport HD channels without getting a separate new Sky HD subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Clonsk wrote: »
    Trying to be positive. I am an Eir client who got the Eirsport sports package as part of household package added to my Old Sky TV package (no HD) which I know is a separate subscription. From the first of August, I will have no Eirsport pack on TV! BT sport channels are leaving the package. Eirsport channels are now HD.

If I get a Sky Q box, will it enable me attain Eirsport HD channels without getting a separate new Sky HD subscription?

You need a subscription to get Sky Q.

A Sky+ HD box (lots available) does the job, and can use the standard LNB on the dish.

• Administrators Posts: 53,740 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

paulboland wrote: »
    Call Eir Sports

Be prepared for the hard sell when you try to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

icdg wrote: »
    In 2009 Setanta were finished too. But here we are in 2019 with not one but two “Sons of Setanta” (eir Sport and Premier Sports) alive and kicking.

30 quid a month though? All they had was BT really for that.

Just cancelled there. Offered me 14.99 a month for 3 months if I stayed. They don't know themselves whats going on it seems, just that they have Eir Sport 1 and 2.

• Administrators Posts: 53,740 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Nal wrote: »
    30 quid a month though? All they had was BT really for that.

Just cancelled there. Offered me 14.99 a month for 3 months if I stayed. They don't know themselves whats going on it seems, just that they have Eir Sport 1 and 2.

Yea they tried to offer that to me as well when I cancelled back in May. 15 quid a month, as a "loyalty" price, is still steep for what will be left on their channels.

Their standard price should be dropping closer to a tenner with this news.

Grand. I have a Sky subscription. Advised that I need to get a Sky q boX and pay 149 euro to get Sky q! Advised that this box is hd accessible. Still confused though as Sky also offer hd channels at an extra cost on their subscription. Am I right to presume that Eirsport HD will available without buying an extra Sky subscription.

However, I might get Sky + HD box. Seems a better idea. Any advise of best place to buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭fman

Shows how loyalty differs. Cancelled couple of weeks back and was offered 2 months at 17.99 per month.

Advertisement