Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

fman wrote: »
    Shows how loyalty differs. Cancelled couple of weeks back and was offered 2 months at 17.99 per month.

Offered me 14.99 for 3 months and then back to 30 quid. But they couldn't tell me what they have on offer apart from Eir 1 and 2. I think that may be it. In which case 30 quid, 18 quid or even a tenner is silly money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭swoofer

clonsk go to adverts.ie or ebay for second hand sky hd box. That sky Q is an outright con.

swoofer wrote: »
    clonsk go to adverts.ie or ebay for second hand sky hd box. That sky Q is an outright con.

Nah its not. Sky Q is the business. Turns the telly into a smart TV, you can cast to it, huge hard drive, record 6 programs at once, daisy chain up to 6 boxes wirelessly to the main box, voice search with the remote, 4k resolution etc.

Delighted with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭swoofer

but how much?

swoofer wrote: »
    but how much?

Same price per month. Think I bargained them down to a once off 80 quid payment (usually €130) for 2 x Sky Q boxes and install.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The Nal wrote: »
    Same price per month. Think I bargained them down to a once off 80 quid payment (usually €130) for 2 x Sky Q boxes and install.

But you're paying for a device you don't then own...

On topic: I got letter from eir today advising of the changes, I think my settings were not to be emailed. What a con of a letter. All about the world cup and everything they're broadcasting, one tiny sentence in middle about BT no longer being available. Chancers...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

There is an article on the Irishtimes website listing what sports each channel has to offer.

Unfortunately there are errors in the article eg Eir does not have the rights to Moto gp and Indycar.

What Eir and VM Sports have to offer looks very weak compared to I Sky /BT and Premier.(With very little exclusive content on Eir and VM )

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

dulpit wrote: »

Which means that if/when it breaks, you don't pay €100 for a service call.

• Administrators Posts: 53,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

dulpit wrote: »

On topic: I got letter from eir today advising of the changes, I think my settings were not to be emailed. What a con of a letter. All about the world cup and everything they're broadcasting, one tiny sentence in middle about BT no longer being available. Chancers...

Why would I want to own it?

Have to agree with The Nal, if you can afford Sky Q it is definitely the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Apparently in the uk those with Sky Q will be getting netflix for just £3 p/m.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/sky-customers-can-now-netflix-17688844

That Irish Times article mentioned above states that Premier Sports will provide pro14. It won't as eir have the rights in Ireland.

However there is talk that eir may be getting out of sports since their new buyer, thus we could have a scenario where Premier buy out eir sports.

It would make a lot of sense too as at the moment eir and premier are running 2 studios covering a single game, e.g. Leinster away in Wales having a Premier team and eir sports having their own.

I wonder is there a buy back clause between eir and premier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

Hi I am having issues trying to register 2 viewing cards for multiroom to the eirsports package. Our main box already has it as we have eir broadband but we got 2 additional sky boxes for 2 other rooms. When I got to this link to sign in: https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer

It comes up with this message every time:

"Oops, something has gone wrong
    Please go back or if you have any other queries, visit our contact us page."

But at the top right hand side of the page "myeir" is there which shows I am signed in. I contacted eir customer care this morning and after 30 minutes, the agent still was not able to ad my 2 viewing cards. Any ideas?

Agent told me to make sure there is no spaces for my email and password which I did but still same message.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Cancelled my subscription yesterday.
    Gave me the spiel about RWC & Pro14, but when I told them I had no interest in rugby, they gave up.

The agent told me they were surprised the regulator in Ireland let the Sky deal go through, because it's gives them a monopoly on sports coverage now and they can basically charge what they want.

@beya2009

Are you doing it through the myeir app?

You will then need your card number and phone number you used to register. It may then take 10 minutes or so to come through on the box.

Your card may need to be set up by the eir team first.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We’ll continue discussion of eir, BT, and Premier Sports in one thread again, as a number of posters decided to disrupt the BT & Premier Sports thread with discussion regarding eir

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭eirman

I only watch WTA Tennis on BT Sport so I won't miss the free BT.
    (WTA is shifting to AMAZON from next year.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭lertsnim

eirman wrote: »
    I only watch WTA Tennis on BT Sport so I won't miss the free BT.
    (WTA is shifting to AMAZON from next year.)

Just need them to up the frame rate and it will be a great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Advert on Sky this morning for the BT/Premier pack - no mention of price yet.

It had written message about Sky Go requiring a wifi connection, perhaps suggesting BT & Premier will be available on the platform, also said that there will be 4 BT channels and 2 Premier Sport channels - which probably rules out Boxnation being part of the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

I cancelled Eirsport this week,the agent was very polite and helpful. Only Eirsport 1 and 2 remaining on the Eir package so what's happening to Box nation is up in the air ?.
    I feel Eir have misjudged this spectacularly in the sense that losing 5 of your 7 channels and expecting subscribers to pay the same rate on the basis of having the RWC is not going to happen - 2 months at a reduced rate won't cut it either.

Though arguably Sky subscribers taking the pack was just a small financial bonus as ultimately the aim is/was attract broadband subscribers

I suspect that it’s a lot more than a small financial bonus - bear in mind there’ll be a massive percentage of pubs in the country who have been taking eir Sport subscriptions at commercial rates (though I suspect a chunk of them will be cancelling now with no Premier League). Indeed I suspect they were the primary motivation for keeping the satellite service going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Not just tv subscribers either.

Getting it free with broadband was a major selling point. Only reason I'm with eir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Not just tv subscribers either.

Getting it free with broadband was a major selling point. Only reason I'm with eir.

Yes! Nail on the head here. My Eir broadband contract expires in August and I will be switching then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Eir were showing Wimbledon when the BBC have it FTA.

Same stuff with the upcoming RWC, available free on ITV on the same satellite.

Smoke n Mirrors come to mind

Well, more just in both cases the deals were ostensibly UK-only, leaving the Irish rights fair game for eir to buy.

Also bear in mind ITV(1) has not been available on any major pay TV platform in Ireland (other than Sky via Manual Tuning) for the past four years. Virgin, eir, and Vodafone viewers will be relying on eir Sport for coverage of the RWC outside of the limited FTA coverage RTE will be offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭lertsnim

icdg wrote: »
    Well, more just in both cases the deals were ostensibly UK-only, leaving the Irish rights fair game for eir to buy.

Also bear in mind ITV(1) has not been available on any major pay TV platform in Ireland (other than Sky via Manual Tuning) for the past four years. Virgin, eir, and Vodafone viewers will be relying on eir Sport for coverage of the RWC outside of the limited FTA coverage RTE will be offering.

Virgin viewers will be relying on Eir coverage? Isn't Eir Sport not available on Virgin Media?

It isn’t, of course, which I somehow forgot! Virgin viewers will have to rely on RTE.

Is itv4 not available on Virgin? It will have a lot of the matches not on rte.

It is, but most sport is blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

icdg wrote: »
    It is, but most sport is blocked.

Freesat box the answer then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Freesat box the answer then.

Or most tv's now just plug in the feed and away ho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Schwanz wrote: »
    Eir were showing Wimbledon when the BBC have it FTA.

Same stuff with the upcoming RWC, available free on ITV on the same satellite.

Smoke n Mirrors come to mind

Eir Sports coverage of Wimbledon geo blocked here in N. Ireland due to BBC holding UK rights. Yet Irish Open Golf on RTE was 'in the clear' on both satellite and Freeview despite Sky having UK rights.

Advertisement